PDA

View Full Version : PvP Leaderboards.

Astrocat
01-29-2013, 04:19 AM
Hey, i'd more suggest that the Player VS. Player Leaderboards, would only apply for capped players (20-21). Most of the players on these Leaderboards, are low level players (6 to 9). What they do, is farm newbies. I mean, when you are 6 or 9, it's nearly always lower level players in the round. Example, judgement (nothing against you, just an example). He went on PvP Leaderboards in no time, by killing low levels. This does not deserve a place on Leaderboards. Just saying, since Leaderboards are more for when the player is good/skilled etc. Not by farming newbies all day. What ya think?

PS: Limsyoker, you're hot <3

Limsi
01-29-2013, 04:23 AM
I have to say this is one brilliant idea aside from your signature that I have to completely agree with.

Tata French hottie!

kensan
01-29-2013, 04:27 AM
Do you even lift Astro? mirin aesthetics brah?

Edit: Hmm yes I agree Astro, yes very good point indeed

Astrocat
01-29-2013, 04:36 AM
Do you even lift Astro? mirin aesthetics brah?

Edit: Hmm yes I agree Astro, yes very good point indeed

Stop it, enough laughing in game already! XD

Cero
01-29-2013, 04:37 AM
nah. even if they will not include twink kills it wont change for thats how they set up the system. its not only twinks who farms.

i think changing the leaderboard system is the solution.

Astrocat
01-29-2013, 04:46 AM
nah. even if they will not include twink kills it wont change for thats how they set up the system. its not only twinks who farms.

i think changing the leaderboard system is the solution.

That's what i'm suggesting. To change leaderboard system for PvP! Btw, hey Cero. :3

Marrypoppins
01-29-2013, 05:00 AM
I think this is garbage. Why stop at 9? I could very easily be #1 on boards with my 10 tank if I cared to play enough. There will never be a division of the leader boards.... And judgement does nothing wrong. Irritates me how so many don't respect low lvl pvp. Ever play pl? You know, the game that started this all? My gosh, pvp is about twinking. 25 WF toyman is worth more then 10-20 beastly sets. Seems quite a few think there's no skill involved. Well find me a L6-8 twink Mage that can consistently beat him and ill admit there's no skill involved.

Astrocat
01-29-2013, 05:05 AM
I think this is garbage. Why stop at 9? I could very easily be #1 on boards with my 10 tank if I cared to play enough. There will never be a division of the leader boards.... And judgement does nothing wrong. Irritates me how so many don't respect low lvl pvp. Ever play pl? You know, the game that started this all? My gosh, pvp is about twinking. 25 WF toyman is worth more then 10-20 beastly sets. Seems quite a few think there's no skill involved. Well find me a L6-8 twink Mage that can consistently beat him and ill admit there's no skill involved.

Easy cheesy there. Just suggesting gently and if you actually read the post, I said ''no offense, it's an example''. I have nothing against him. ;)

When you are under 10, you only play with lower levels 90% of the time. Have a Twink myself, 1500+ kills with not even 100 deaths. This is my point.

Marrypoppins
01-29-2013, 05:16 AM
No offense doesn't cover singleing him out nor using him as an example, that's crap. And I may have been a bit blunt and I apologize for that. He is a well respected member of the community and if I'm not mistaken the first sts million pve killer so game or not I still respect my elders... so I don't think that was appropriate. I've played with him in the same game plenty of times and can say that he isn't doing anything outta the ordinary.

Heiki
01-29-2013, 05:26 AM
How about changing the leaderboards to account for a little bit more than just kills?

We could have:

-Total damage done
-Total healing performed
-Total damage taken
-Total killing blows

That way if you wabt to spec support (tank/heal) you still have something to vouch for. Current leaderboards are made to have rogues on top.

Astrocat
01-29-2013, 06:26 AM
No offense doesn't cover singleing him out nor using him as an example, that's crap. And I may have been a bit blunt and I apologize for that. He is a well respected member of the community and if I'm not mistaken the first sts million pve killer so game or not I still respect my elders... so I don't think that was appropriate. I've played with him in the same game plenty of times and can say that he isn't doing anything outta the ordinary.

I know him, he even trained me a bit, he's nice. I played with him a lot on my secret Twink. I can tell you, that's mainly how it goes. :)

Infrico
01-29-2013, 08:20 AM
Hey, i'd more suggest that the Player VS. Player Leaderboards, would only apply for capped players (20-21). Most of the players on these Leaderboards, are low level players (6 to 9). What they do, is farm newbies. I mean, when you are 6 or 9, it's nearly always lower level players in the round. Example, judgement (nothing against you, just an example). He went on PvP Leaderboards in no time, by killing low levels. This does not deserve a place on Leaderboards. Just saying, since Leaderboards are more for when the player is good/skilled etc. Not by farming newbies all day. What ya think?

PS: Limsyoker, you're hot <3

By far I hate this comment and I think I will have every twink on AL to back me up on this lmao. LB should be available for everyone of all levels! level 21 and 20s are matchmaked with 18s and 19s, even 16s at some point so its not as if we are the only level types that are considered as farmers. Maybe, adjusting the matchmaking system OR STS creating a level type for leaderboards would be a better idea, e.g. a level 1-10 leaderboard, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39 etc.

Don't eliminate the lowbies especially the current one's who've spent a lot of time aiming for LB.

Astrocat
01-29-2013, 08:38 AM
By far I hate this comment and I think I will have every twink on AL to back me up on this lmao.

Lol

Energizeric
01-29-2013, 03:16 PM

You can't argue with the following:

1) A certain percentage of players (the exact percentage is of course up for debate) who are "twinks" have not chosen to be twinks forever but instead are new players who have not yet leveled up to cap but are in the process of leveling up. I would argue that this percentage is far greater than 50%. Perhaps you would argue it is much lower. But you cannot argue that it does not exist.

2) Since these players are new to Arcane Legends, their skills are not yet as developed as they will be when they get to end game, nor are they as developed as those who have been at their twink level for a long time.

3) Because of this, the average twink player has much less experience than the average end game player.

4) Therefore, a very experienced twink player can dominate lower level PvP to a greater extent than a very experienced end game player can dominate end game PvP.

That being said, I don't think there should be separate leaderboards for PvP. Twinks can never compete on the leaderboards for any other category. Since they are not going to be able to fight in the higher level dungeons, they will not be able to get enough achievement points to complete in that category. And since they must turn off their XP, their PvE kills get turned off as well, so they will not be able to compete in that category. So if they want to compete for best PvP player, then let them do so. It will not affect the "top player" leaderboard which is the one that most end game players care about, and is the one that is the total best players in all categories combined (PvE, PvP, Wealth, etc.)

Marrypoppins
01-29-2013, 03:55 PM
Very well stated brother man :)

Megabird56
01-29-2013, 04:25 PM
Except some twinks are being twinks to climb the leaderboards quickly and then finish all the achievements at the end if the season. All the nonpvp achievements r easy.

mafiainc42
01-29-2013, 07:22 PM
Oo someone say Judge. Im here im here. How bout ya quite wineing like little school girls. Lube up those thumbs make a lvl 6 anything snd come see me. We will then see whats up.

STS EXTRAORDINAIRE... plz dont ever forgit it!!!!

Takezaki
01-29-2013, 07:36 PM
Who really cares about the leaderboards anyway?

Energizeric
01-29-2013, 08:01 PM
All the nonpvp achievements r easy.

If that was the case, then why were there only a few players (fewer than 10) who had max achievement points before PvP was introduced??

Taxxor
01-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Oo someone say Judge. Im here im here. How bout ya quite wineing like little school girls. Lube up those thumbs make a lvl 6 anything snd come see me. We will then see whats up.

STS EXTRAORDINAIRE... plz dont ever forgit it!!!!

Nice statement, I think i find too many sore losers out there in the game that whines a lot...isntead of coming up with ways to beat them, they come forum to whine to gte devs to do something.

Megabird56
01-29-2013, 10:09 PM
All the nonpvp achievements r easy.

If that was the case, then why were there only a few players (fewer than 10) who had max achievement points before PvP was introduced??

Because of the bottle necking effect of story token pets. Then they made those eggs tradable so it has loosened up ALOT. What non pvp achievement did you find difficult? Please tell me.

Gassyllama
01-29-2013, 10:46 PM
How about changing the leaderboards to account for a little bit more than just kills?

We could have:

-Total damage done
-Total healing performed
-Total damage taken
-Total killing blows

That way if you wabt to spec support (tank/heal) you still have something to vouch for. Current leaderboards are made to have rogues on top.

This would be sick and create more variety in PvP, people would make different builds to do these things and PvP would be more fun than it is. I personally would like to see PvP currency system or goals that actually give you something other than AP

Energizeric
01-29-2013, 10:56 PM
Because of the bottle necking effect of story token pets. Then they made those eggs tradable so it has loosened up ALOT. What non pvp achievement did you find difficult? Please tell me.

Difficult or time consuming? The PvP achievements are not difficult, but they are very time consuming. Same goes for some of the PvE achievements. Beastmaster took a very long time and was extremely time consuming. Whether you decided to farm for all the pets and do all the hauntlet & bards quest runs yourself, or if you decided to save up enough gold to buy all the pets, either way it would be extremely time consuming (assuming you did not just buy millions of gold for plat and just buy them all).

As for "difficult", the 90 second hauntlet run, and defeating all the elite bosses were difficult. They were NOT time consuming but required many many tries over and over, and the elite bosses caused tons of deaths, and trying different things and trying different groups before I was able to finish them all.

I would actually like to see some more difficult PvE achievements. I posted a thread in the suggestions forum about a possible achievement for leveling all of your pets to cap.

Delphina
01-29-2013, 11:06 PM
Thread closed:

1. Please Respect Others.
The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, conflicts may arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. Debating the opinion is appropriate, however criticism against the originator of the opinion is not allowed. Disrespect can be construed as flaming, trolling, harassing, profanity, abusive language or abbreviations, personal attacks, racial, religious, ethnic, sexual slurs, or similar behavior/language.

Flaming is defined as posts which are designed to personally berate or insult another.

Trolling is defined as deliberately posting derogatory, inflammatory comments/threads in order to bait other users into responding. Trolling or accusing someone of being a troll is also a form of trolling and is not permitted.

Posts similar to “Moderator Notified” or “Needs thread lock” are discouraged, as these types of posts are a form of trolling. If a thread is in violation of the forum rules, use the notify moderator button or send a private message to a moderator or administrator directly.

Personal attacks include, but are not limited to insulting a poster directly:

Example: “You are stupid, you suck, and you should [censored].”

Vystirch
01-29-2013, 11:08 PM
:) posted before closed :)

Duflie
01-29-2013, 11:09 PM
haha same

azefekie
01-29-2013, 11:16 PM
twinking is easy.. it's end game pvp where the more "skilled" players are. getting kills from people just downloading the game and trying pvp out for the first time is weak at best..

Come to our world at end game