PDA

View Full Version : Hidden secrets about various weapons.

Catwomann
01-29-2013, 08:21 AM
Appaently many weapons have secret procs and other secrets. Some of these secrets are known by many, others are not.

1. AGILE LIFETHIEF OF POTENCY - Even though it has max DPS out of all rogue weapons, like agile heart seekers of brutality, but it does variable damage according to how much 'LIFE IT STEALS PER HIT'. AFAIK and have seen, its damage ranges from 100-700 per a normal (non charged hit). It does AOE damage like any other rogue blade.

2. VILLANIOUS BLADES OF POTENCY - Even though its description mentions a different proc, aside from that it has a hidden proc making this blade special and value for it rarity. When u charge and release these blades (in air or on any enemy), it has a good chance of procing 25% dodge for 5-10 secs.

3. DARK WATCH SWORD OF ASSAULT - Similar to villainous blades of potency, this sword has a chance to proc 15% damage for 5-10 secs when charged in air or while fighting and released. This needs confirmation as it was tested by a friend of mine and I haven't personally tested it.

I am pretty sure many other rare weapons have hidden proc or secrets.

Some weapons I think may have some kinda hidden proc or secret are -

Charward rod of assault.

The new dark rod which was in watch crates.

Pit sword of potency.

New shield and blade in watch crates.

The new cannon in watch crates.

If any1 knows something about some particular weapon aside from what is mentioned in its description, pls share here. Also if someone can test the above mentioned weapons, it will be great.

Lesmiserables
01-29-2013, 08:25 AM
great guide keep it up :tranquillity:

Astrocat
01-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Awesome Guide, Cat!

PS: Pit Sword of Potency tested, but can't find any secrets!

Catwomann
01-29-2013, 09:02 AM
Thanks. @astrocat yes, I had my doubts. I think new weapons which dropped in watch crates, all have some secrets.

BoomBox
01-29-2013, 09:11 AM
I've been wondering about all the procs and everything keep it going!

GoodSyntax
01-29-2013, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the heads up Catwomann - just picked up lv 21s for 2K :-)

I can confirm the hidden buff on the Villianous Blades of Potency. The +25% Dodge appears to only work on maps (not in towns - I haven't tested in CTF yet). The Dodge buff seems to occur at around a 25% chance, so if you want the buff, make sure you always charge your autos. I will check into the CTF buff and report back. If this is indeed the case, I may have finally found something better than the Watchmans Bow for PvP.

GoodSyntax
01-29-2013, 09:35 AM
Doesn't appear to work in PvP - at least I haven't been able to get the proc to run.

Too bad :-(

Catwomann
01-29-2013, 09:57 AM
@goodsyntax it works in PvP. I have tested it. Once got 2x of the dodge proc on consecutive charges + razor shield = MORE THAN 100% DODGE.

Cero
01-29-2013, 10:03 AM
@goodsyntax it works in PvP. I have tested it. Once got 2x of the dodge proc on consecutive charges + razor shield = MORE THAN 100% DODGE.

for how long? 5 or 10secs?

Catwomann
01-29-2013, 10:15 AM
Haven't counted exactly. That's why I wrote 5-10 secs.

Edit : just counted. This should narrow it for u, 8-9 seconds.

GoodSyntax
01-29-2013, 10:31 AM
Is the proc rate significantly reduced then? I wasn't able to get the proc to execute. It is only when you hit an enemy in PvP, because hitting air didn't seem to do anything for me; whereas in PvE, hitting air does execute the proc.

Catwomann
01-29-2013, 10:34 AM
I dont know about reduced proc rates but yes, it surely does work in PvP and in air as it works outside, it works for 8-9 secs as it works outside. If the rate is 25% of activating it that doesn't means it will surely happen in 1/4 times, once it didn't happen in 10 charges. Once I got 2 consecutive procs in 2 charges.

GoodSyntax
01-29-2013, 10:38 AM
Geez - bad luck for me then.

I ran a test with 30 charged autos and none of them proced.

Catwomann
01-29-2013, 10:57 AM
It surely works. U must be really unlucky. Make sure u charge them properly.

csyui
01-29-2013, 12:00 PM
nice work. but dont know if the figure is correct or not.

Lady_Pebbles
01-29-2013, 12:26 PM
Watchman Riffles have a push back proc.

Catwomann
01-29-2013, 12:50 PM
Watchman Riffles have a push back proc.

Yeah, but isn't that mentioned in its description? I'll check.

Raxin
01-29-2013, 01:17 PM
Ill confirm abnormally high dmg from dark watch of potentcy

Catwomann
01-29-2013, 01:22 PM
Hmmm...and 15% damage proc ? I saw that activate when Bali was hitting walls while waiting for an opposite team. He was charging. Pretty sure 15% damage proc .

@goossyntax I think u aren't that unlucky after all.
After further testing in PvP, I think the chance of the proc is reduce to half. I think its 10% outside and 5% in PvP. Also duration might also be only 5 secs. Though proc value itself is same, 25% dodge.

GoodSyntax
01-29-2013, 01:48 PM
A 5% proc rate probably isn't so worthwhile for PvP. PvE on the other hand, is acceptable.

Thanks for the update...was beginning to think that I couldn't figure out probabilities any more. Still seems to be >10% for PvE though, 15% maybe?

Catwomann
01-29-2013, 02:01 PM
A 5% proc rate probably isn't so worthwhile for PvP. PvE on the other hand, is acceptable.

Thanks for the update...was beginning to think that I couldn't figure out probabilities any more. Still seems to be >10% for PvE though, 15% maybe?

I am really really confused now. Just got 3 consecutive procs. 119.40% dodge with razor sheild. -.-. Now I am also confused if its 5% or 10% or something else. Definitely though. Seems higher for pve, maybe 15%, yes.

Cero
01-29-2013, 05:16 PM
tested watch rifle of force/fatality no hidden procT_T
idk with the watch staff, dont have it.

Catwomann
01-29-2013, 05:22 PM
tested watch rifle of force/fatality no hidden procT_T
idk with the watch staff, dont have it.

I have confirmation about warrior,s dark sword. That leaves only mages with no special proc in their watch crate items. I feel for u guys. U really get a hammer from sts.

Lalarie
01-29-2013, 05:42 PM
No proc in charward I can see....

Catwomann
01-29-2013, 06:23 PM
No proc in charward I can see....

Anything else, unusual damage? Unusual DPS? Unusual stun duration? Any special debuffs. Its a mage weapon, I have my doubts. Also its not from watch crates.

Cero
01-29-2013, 06:24 PM
on rogues and warriors,
when they do the hidden proc does it show any buff signal?

Catwomann
01-29-2013, 07:08 PM
on rogues and warriors,
when they do the hidden proc does it show any buff signal?

Yes, a buff indicator flashes around character body for 1 sec and then u can see buff in main health bar. Also my rogue Char's body starts glowing dark blue-purple when buff is on.

Lady_Pebbles
01-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Flamestrike doesn't seem to proc in pvp... In pve I rarely (if any) see it proc as well. :\

xxsaraixx
01-29-2013, 09:25 PM
I tested the dark watch sword of potency. I couldn't get the 15% damage to proc, but I did note that when the 100% crit buff procs a red flame appears around the character. The red flame/100% crit buff procs with both charged and non charged attacks and hitting air can cause it to proc. Perhaps this the buff cat saw? Im not 100% sure though just guessing at it.
I also tested the villanious knives and exactly as cat said they buffed a 25% dodge on charge attacks only. This buff can stack if it procs more then once within the duration of the buff. I think the most I saw was 2 procs at the same time for a total of 50% additional dodge, which i think cat also confirmed she received. The villanious knives list a debuff of opponents dodge rate. Has anyone confirmed that dodge rate debuff listed in the description procs? The reason I ask is because oddly, the buff for Steel Commando Blades lists this 25% buff that we are seeing in the villanious knives. Perhaps STS mixed up the descripitions? Again not 100% sure, but I know some of the weapon damage stats were previously not accurate so maybe this might be possible. It may be a hidden buff but it also might be STS mislabeling something.

Dragonrider023
01-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Add pic plz, will make it more believing!

Good work BTW

Catwomann
01-30-2013, 02:52 AM
I tested the dark watch sword of potency. I couldn't get the 15% damage to proc, but I did note that when the 100% crit buff procs a red flame appears around the character. The red flame/100% crit buff procs with both charged and non charged attacks and hitting air can cause it to proc. Perhaps this the buff cat saw? Im not 100% sure though just guessing at it.
I also tested the villanious knives and exactly as cat said they buffed a 25% dodge on charge attacks only. This buff can stack if it procs more then once within the duration of the buff. I think the most I saw was 2 procs at the same time for a total of 50% additional dodge, which i think cat also confirmed she received. The villanious knives list a debuff of opponents dodge rate. Has anyone confirmed that dodge rate debuff listed in the description procs? The reason I ask is because oddly, the buff for Steel Commando Blades lists this 25% buff that we are seeing in the villanious knives. Perhaps STS mixed up the descripitions? Again not 100% sure, but I know some of the weapon damage stats were previously not accurate so maybe this might be possible. It may be a hidden buff but it also might be STS mislabeling something.

After testing dark watch sword, it seems that the buff I was noticing earlier is indeed the 100% critical buff, which works for 1 sec.

So I guess u could be right, this could really be just all about bugs rather than hidden buffs (except ALPs).

Add pic plz, will make it more believing!

Good work BTW

http://db.tt/G5rlsSc1

http://db.tt/Dw5V75U4

[url]http://db.tt/mjXTfM3I[url]