PDA

View Full Version : Malison's Arcane Ability needs a buff, discuss

Genuinous
01-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Currently Malison's arcane ability grants a 15% dodge for 5 seconds to all allies in range. While this sounds like a good deal all of us who have Mal know that it has quite a few flaws. Mal is a dragon and just like Blight/Frost/Cinder it fights from a long distance sending ranged attack at the enemy. The problem starts here however, that this creates a considerable distance between Mal and the fighting party. The range of Mal's arcane ability is similar to Koko's/Horton's/etc, its is quite small. While all the other pets who have similar abilities to grant bonus to players in range fight close range, meaning that they will be standing next to the player hence allowing him to be in range to receive buff, Mal is too far and the arcane ability is just fasted.

Suggestions:

I. Change Malison's arcane ability's range, so that it will be larger. An ideal way to do it would be to make the range of the ability to be equal to the range Malison stays away from the fight thus ensuring that players will receive some sort of buff. (Just like Blight/Frost have a huge range to compensate for their distance from the battle).

II. Change Malison's arcane ability so that it will only give buff to the player who has Malison. This would at least ensure that the ability is not just wasted, while keeping the balance by only giving buff to one player in 100% (over having a chance to buff any number of players)

Please discuss and say which option would you prefer. Should you have more suggestion towards the change of arcane ability feel free to say so and I will update the OP to reflect your opinion as well.

Thanks for reading

Genuinous
01-31-2013, 05:19 PM
Bump. I do think Malison's ability is something that should be changed so I will bump this once. Should I get no reply again I'll assume ppl aren't really interested in this...

Lalarie
01-31-2013, 05:20 PM
I like the idea

SuRfY
02-01-2013, 02:07 AM
I personally think the 90 plat price for Malison need a buff to match the Sharks. LOL.

Genuinous
02-01-2013, 04:10 AM
Why would you make a pet like Mal more expensive in plat, when it can be fairly easily obtained from Bael? :)

parnasofication
02-01-2013, 06:48 AM
Signed :)

SuRfY
02-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Why would you make a pet like Mal more expensive in plat, when it can be fairly easily obtained from Bael? :)

Personally, i think chances of getting it without loot reroll elixir is 0.001%. LOL.

Genuinous
02-01-2013, 10:23 AM
1) I've seen couple drops without lix so I doubt that
2) With lix they drop quite nicely :)

abekrivy
02-01-2013, 10:32 AM
I must be getting the wrong elixers then, cause they ain't dropping for me.

Genuinous
02-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Anyway dropping or no dropping, the topic is about the arcane ability and whether it should be changed or not :) so lets move back on topic ;)

CosmoxKramer
02-01-2013, 01:36 PM
if any pet Arcane ability range needs a bump it's Colton. a group aoe buff but the circle isn't big enough to buff me when Colton is on one side of Jarl and i'm on the other side....

Genuinous
02-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Same range as mal, but colton is within range of some players at least. Just like all the other pet who give boost in small circle (koko, deary, etc).

Vystirch
02-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Hmmm nope doesn't need a buff. Besides look at the sharks......

Genuinous
02-01-2013, 04:21 PM
Hmmm nope doesn't need a buff. Besides look at the sharks......

The current arcane ability is kind of useless, you are never in range. Though there is no doubt that Mal has one of the best (if not the best) happiness bonus.

And sorry I don't have either shark, so all I can see is their not so great bonus. Which... Which could be reason for another topic :D

Darthmase
02-02-2013, 02:15 PM
I love mal but i find the arcane ability useless. Mages (like me) usually are in range of mals arcane ability and i still never feel any type of effect. I think they should do SOMETHING about this. Like letting me know i dodged because of mal. SOMETHING.
ALSO barney (and close combat pets) are problems for mages the same way mal is a problem for wars (not being in range...) ...... it would be cool if pets came to you and buffed you so you dont waste it. Yeah.

Lady_Pebbles
02-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Honestly, for all buffs on all pets I think there shouldn't be a range at all. They should just buff the players no matter where the pet is. This way it won't interrupt a dam thing. #justsayin'

EDIT: I do however, believe that since Malison is the best overall pet in game stats wise & most expensive droppable pet, it should have much better stats and buffs in general.