PDA

View Full Version : We need CRAFTING Please!

Ladycandyheal
01-29-2013, 12:30 PM
We need crafting!!! PLEASE give us something to do besides hoping to randomly get a drop.

It will prolong interest and be profitable to those who no doubt will race to level 26, when Kraken Isles is released next month and those of us who won't be trying to get to level cap right away.

I was here since AL was only on Android and I do hope you consider adding crafting. Adding this would help the AL economy, relieve the monotony of farming and give those who don't PVP, something to strive for. Not everyone cares about leader boards or banners.

Thank you for your time

Energizeric
01-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Yes, this would add some fun for sure.

GoodSyntax
01-29-2013, 01:56 PM
I agree. I just hope it doesn't turn out like PL crafting where the crafting items are so expensive and so difficult to attain (like Glyphic Steel or Red Diamonds).

Actually, I would like to see something like passive slots on our gear where we can farm something (gems?) that adds +5 Dex/Int/Str, +5 Armor, +3% Crit, +3% Dmg, etc. depending on the type of gem. Each item could have 3 passive slots so everyone could mix-and-match. It would be even better if that would change the look of the gear...even if it is only a spin on the fire, dark, electric and poison auras.

It would also be cool to "enhance" our pets - even if it only affects the pets damage and crit rate, any customization would be welcomed.

itsmagic
01-29-2013, 02:28 PM
Yes YES YESS!!!
Crafting would be very good!!!!
Indeed something like gems to add to your gear.
And things like enchanting to put some permanent stats to your gear.

Herbalisme to make like potions/elixers that give minor stat boost or something
Like +5% damage reduc or +25str for 15m etc..

Make like monsters drop recipi's and gems etc.
Make plat exclusive recepi's
But lets say i bought the "plat exlusive" recepi's that other people still can pay me so i can craft the stuff for them/add to their gear.

Sts please make something like this!

CosmoxKramer
01-29-2013, 04:55 PM
even if it wasn't getting drops, but the ability to recycle white/green/purple/pink items for crafting materials, since they are hardly worth selling...

Energizeric
01-29-2013, 08:28 PM
I agree. I just hope it doesn't turn out like PL crafting where the crafting items are so expensive and so difficult to attain (like Glyphic Steel or Red Diamonds).

If the crafted sets do not cost way way more than the non-crafted sets, then crafting is pointless and they should just not even bother. The only crafting in PL that is actually fun to do is glyph and gemstone.

The gemstone are fun because you need so many components and they can only be acquired from the various quests, and the recipes can only drop and so they are expensive and rare.

The glyph are the most fun because it takes a really long time and lots of effort to acquire all of the expensive crafting items, so when you have a demonic crafted set it is actually a very rare and exclusive set.

Crafting for Fang and Humania gear is a joke. I can get all of the items needed to craft any of those sets in about an hour or two of play, and as a result the non-crafted sets are actually more rare than the crafted because everyone crafts as it's so easy.

I'm sick and tired of challenges that are not challenging at all. If it's going to be easy to craft, then save me the time and just make the final item drop from the bosses (or chests).

STS, PLEASE PLEASE make there be some rare and very exclusive gear. I mean rare like so rare that only 1% of players have it. I don't care if I'm not in that 1%, I will work really hard, farm and save my money and at least have a goal of getting this rare gear. I'm just tired of every single item in the game being so common.

Traebeles99
01-29-2013, 10:19 PM
I can see it in the future... Arcane Legends is BECOMING SKYRIM!!!!!! lol

CosmoxKramer
01-29-2013, 11:34 PM
I think better than just crafting gear would be crafting stuff with use abilities. Items that have a 1 time use to buff gear for a short time. Or maybe a alchemy/cooking type profession that allows u to create potions, elixirs, or like Wizard mike said in another post, some pet biscuits
Then there isn't just some gear that may or may not be the best but always makes professions enticing, to give u that extra buff. They could also charge a small Plat fee for empty elixir bottles (to replace straight up buying the elix) but at maybe 1 less plat per.

GoodSyntax
01-30-2013, 11:09 AM
I think better than just crafting gear would be crafting stuff with use abilities. Items that have a 1 time use to buff gear for a short time. Or maybe a alchemy/cooking type profession that allows u to create potions, elixirs, or like Wizard mike said in another post, some pet biscuits
Then there isn't just some gear that may or may not be the best but always makes professions enticing, to give u that extra buff. They could also charge a small Plat fee for empty elixir bottles (to replace straight up buying the elix) but at maybe 1 less plat per.

I guess Alchemy is more what I was thinking too.

As Energizeric said, everyone had the Fang Crafted gear. If STS could come up with a system so that everyone's setup was different (via Alchemy), it would be better than everyone using the same builds. I'm not saying that everything should be easy...perhaps the +10 STR gems would be a 0.5% drop, while the +5 STR would be a 2.5% drop. A Junk/Elite/Legendary system for enhancements is what I was envisioning.

I could easily see high dodge crafted gear, high crit, high STR, etc. The point is that there would be so many different combinations that the likelyhood of two people with the same exact build would be relatively low.

As it stands now, end-game Rogues are mostly the same - ALPs or Watchman Bows with Demonlord or Agile Ranger gear. Same with Warriors and Sorcerers. It would be nice if I could enhance my leathers to max out armor and max out my bow for Crit or Dmg. Rogues could enhance their gear to add Mana (which they always seem to be lacking) or Sorcerers could add HP and Armor, etc.

Allowing for numerous crafting methods allows us to tailor our gear to best suit our play-style. I would really appreciate the ability to have two gear setups, one with daggers to get down and dirty with the Warriors while farming the new maps, and another high dmg, high crit bow for sniping on elite maps and boss encounters.

Bidella
01-31-2013, 06:26 PM
After reading all the ideas, I tried to gather the ones I liked best, and here are the following:

1. Crafting not too expensive. Only make one or two extremely good items expensive and difficult to acquire.
2. Crafting results in better equipment than drops. Well, most drops.
3. Item socket system for crafting, resulting in the ability to create multiple different types of weapons.
4. Crafting not just items, but stuffs with use abilities. (1 time used/multiple times used)
5. Enhance pet abilities (from stuff crafted?)
6. Platinum exclusive recipes
7. Numerous crafting methods, resulting in different weapons with different abilities (suitable for different needs) e.g. crafting in a forge, or crafting in a Apocryphal Crystal (what is an Apocryphal crystal?). Just as an example.

I'd also like to add:

1. Professions? So that not everything is available to everyone i.e. herbalism, weaponscrafting etc. all available to the individual player. This will cause other players to trade, barter, interact.
2. Criticals. This means the weapon crafted can result in being Legendary, more slots available, more buffs, etc.
3. Not too long. Don't let the crafting take up half an hour or something. I prefer instantaneous results, where all the hard work has gone into fetching the materials, not sitting and waiting for the loading bar to become full.

Darthmase
02-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Some good ideas here. I would like to mod my gear - not so much on the other stuff.