PDA

View Full Version : Questtion about choice between gun and staff

math83
01-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Hi all,

What the best for a sorcerer wich using only skills on jarl? Flamestrike with a better dps or gun with better damages?
If i doesnt use normal attack gun is little bit better than the other no?

Energizeric
01-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Correct. The higher your damage, the higher your skill damage will be. DPS is only useful if you spam the regular weapon attack.

Noobiam
01-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Correct. The higher your damage, the higher your skill damage will be. DPS is only useful if you spam the regular weapon attack.

this is helpful informatiom. ive only recently started with my sorcerer. its really fun playing with it.

math83
01-31-2013, 06:31 AM
In a first time i have choosen gun but the push provoc is so boring, so i retjrn on a classic flamestrike.

The difference between damages is so bit. Only 15 dmg

Fastorro
01-31-2013, 06:48 AM
I think that if you havent mana problems its better only dmg and you can forget dps.

My question is similiar...

What its better? "clever rod of flamestrike" or "Chaward rod of flamestrike" same skills but item model and price its diferent...

Valsacar
01-31-2013, 09:45 AM
clever vs chaward, the difference is price.

As for the rest, I'd go for the DPS personally as I spam normal attacks in between skills. In PvP I'd probably go with the gun. In PvE the push back could be irritating if you use time, as pushing them out of the bubble would mean they can now move.

Raxin
01-31-2013, 10:33 AM
In a first time i have choosen gun but the push provoc is so boring, so i retjrn on a classic flamestrike.

Only 15base dmg.... Lol its alot

CosmoxKramer
01-31-2013, 01:16 PM
15 damage difference or 1.7*15 or 25.5 avg damage increase for basic lightning/frost/time. heal will avg 54 more per cast, fireball/gale will do on avg 20.25 more damage (all prior to armor reduc%)

drgrimmy
01-31-2013, 01:20 PM

You also have to look at the difference in skill damage (look at you skill page for differences in skill damage after equiping each weapon). A change of 15 in base damage equals about a change of 30 in skill damage for lightening and frost. This starts to make a huge difference when your chance of surviving against a rogue is based on how fast you can kill it. So now you talking a difference of over 100 or so in damage for a quick blast of fire, frost, light and rifle which takes a second or two.

See above from cosmo for exact numbers (he got his post in before I finished mine ;))