PDA

View Full Version : Newbie rogue here

iSupah
01-30-2013, 12:58 PM
Hi guys, I recently just made a rogue and found this class to be epic. Now, I'm currently level 6 and just want to know do you guys have any tips such as skills, stats, items, etc..? I usally put 4 DEX: 2 STR and idk if it will be good at the endgame. I also really want to pvp and pve with the rogue so if you have a good- hybrid build for me, I would greatly use it. Thnx and can i add any of u in game? I really want to start meeting people and becoming friends with them. Thnx :)

Vystirch
01-30-2013, 01:27 PM
Hi guys, I recently just made a rogue and found this class to be epic. Now, I'm currently level 6 and just want to know do you guys have any tips such as skills, stats, items, etc..? I usally put 4 DEX: 2 STR and idk if it will be good at the endgame. I also really want to pvp and pve with the rogue so if you have a good- hybrid build for me, I would greatly use it. Thnx and can i add any of u in game? I really want to start meeting people and becoming friends with them. Thnx :)

It depends on the lvl u want to PvP. For end game you should go full dex no str. You will want to pick up a lifethief sometime also.

GoodSyntax
01-30-2013, 01:49 PM
STR has very little value for Rogues. If you were to put attribute points anywhere I would recommend INT. Honestly, I would go full DEX, but that's just me...

iSupah
01-30-2013, 03:37 PM
STR has very little value for Rogues. If you were to put attribute points anywhere I would recommend INT. Honestly, I would go full DEX, but that's just me...Really? But what bout our low hp?

Vystirch
01-30-2013, 05:24 PM
Really? But what bout our low hp?

Made up for with our dodge percentage.

GoodSyntax
01-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Good armor can add a lot of HP. Armor like Agile Ranger Leather of Security should get you over 1200 hp easily - that's without STR rings and amulets.

As a Rogue, damage, dodge and crit are what you are looking for. You have to balance damage output with survivability and enough mana that you can be productive in combat. I go nearly full dex with just enough points to get to about 700 mana. The rings and amulets add some armor, but mostly dex and damage. My lvl 21 rogue has about 750 armor, 1300 hp and 20% crit and dodge. Obviously my build isn't perfect and is a balance of PvP and PvE. I need enough to solo elite maps and enough to be a consistent kill leader in CTF games. I am a bit squishy and my damage isn't maxed out, but that is simply the concession I have made.

It all depends on your play style. Just don't play like you are some kind of Tank and expect to have a good KDR.

iSupah
01-30-2013, 09:04 PM
Good armor can add a lot of HP. Armor like Agile Ranger Leather of Security should get you over 1200 hp easily - that's without STR rings and amulets.

As a Rogue, damage, dodge and crit are what you are looking for. You have to balance damage output with survivability and enough mana that you can be productive in combat. I go nearly full dex with just enough points to get to about 700 mana. The rings and amulets add some armor, but mostly dex and damage. My lvl 21 rogue has about 750 armor, 1300 hp and 20% crit and dodge. Obviously my build isn't perfect and is a balance of PvP and PvE. I need enough to solo elite maps and enough to be a consistent kill leader in CTF games. I am a bit squishy and my damage isn't maxed out, but that is simply the concession I have made.

It all depends on your play style. Just don't play like you are some kind of Tank and expect to have a good KDR. Thnx :) i had to re-do my rogue D: messed up pretty badly

iSupah
01-31-2013, 01:05 PM
I still need help with a skill build. I need one good for pve and pvp.

GoodSyntax
01-31-2013, 01:47 PM
Your skills setup is very much dependent on your play-style and whether you use bows or daggers.

Aimed shot is a must - the rest is based on what your preferences are.

I have seen successful Rogues with Razor Shield and Smoke Veil. I have also seen many that didn't have either of them.

iSupah
01-31-2013, 07:19 PM
Thnx. But ima daggers type of rogue. I will max Aimed Shot, but idk bout Shadow Veil and the others :/

GoodSyntax
01-31-2013, 07:41 PM
Shadow Veil is OK - I used to have it. Good for dagger Rogues.

iSupah
01-31-2013, 10:24 PM
And maxing our dex passive is a must, right?

SuRfY
02-01-2013, 02:21 AM
And maxing our dex passive is a must, right?

Preferably...

GoodSyntax
02-01-2013, 11:53 AM
I spent my passives on crit, dmg first then dex.

I figure that as my damage scales, the benefits scale along with them. The points spent in crit were worthless though. I will probably respec and use dmg and dex next time.

spuddragg
02-01-2013, 02:20 PM
I spent my passives on crit, dmg first then dex.

I figure that as my damage scales, the benefits scale along with them. The points spent in crit were worthless though. I will probably respec and use dmg and dex next time.

From everything I've read both Dex and Crit are better than dmg for now.