PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Vs Warrior

Xegend
01-30-2013, 09:31 PM
Seems a top notch warrior will always win 1v1 against a top notch rogue. Too much HP to kill in time with highest burst damage. Or perhaps it's just me?

Heiki
01-30-2013, 09:49 PM
Highest burst damage? Where? How? Burst damage means high damage in very little time. That seems like the definition of aimed shot.

Traebeles99
01-30-2013, 10:03 PM
Highest burst damage? Where? How? Burst damage means high damage in very little time. That seems like the definition of aimed shot.

Ummm Warriors with that shield and the range of a bow(longer) own rogues...

Limsi
01-30-2013, 10:27 PM
I'd have to disagree with this. I'm a rogue with a maxed gear except a lvl 21 Miraculous Bauble of Brutality. I can easily solo top geared warriors with these series of steps:

Razor shield charged - Shadow veil charged for bigger diameter - stun lock - aimed - stun - normal.

You may think what if the Warrior goes out of the veil, no worries as long as youre inside it you get an additional 15 percent damage. Stun locking is the key here.

Limsi
01-30-2013, 10:27 PM
Rinse and repeat your normal attacks.

Zuzeq
01-31-2013, 12:37 AM
Rinse and repeat your normal attacks.

Agreed, I'd invite any Warrior to meet me in a corner in PVP.

Heiki
01-31-2013, 01:38 AM
Point proven. So effectively, rogues are at the top of the food chain.

Xegend
01-31-2013, 03:36 AM

I was saying even rogues don't have enough burst damage to take out a well equipped warrior

Noobiam
02-01-2013, 06:28 AM
i agree with limsyoker 1v1 rouge with top gears can take down any warrior with top gears.

GoodSyntax
02-01-2013, 10:03 AM
1v1 Rogues can take down warriors. The key is to kite and used charged (bow) attacks to stun the warrior.

Once the warrior is stunned, you launch charged Aimed Shots, Noxious Bolt, Shadow Piercer and another charged attack to stun again.

Rinse and repeat.

The most important part is to stay out of range, and stun effectively. You can't go blow for blow against a Warrior - you will lose every time that way. Kite, flee, stun and compress max damage into short bursts before you stun again.

Destructible
02-03-2013, 12:58 AM
I'm not much of a pro at using rogues, with my main being a warrior, but in my opinion Stunning is the key to winning. When a warrior fails to activate horn of renew, he's diced meat. Personally i think that the shield is the only thing that's keeping rogues from totally owning warriors.

Crabmeat
02-03-2013, 12:58 AM
1v1 Rogues can take down warriors. The key is to kite and used charged (bow) attacks to stun the warrior.

Once the warrior is stunned, you launch charged Aimed Shots, Noxious Bolt, Shadow Piercer and another charged attack to stun again.

Rinse and repeat.

The most important part is to stay out of range, and stun effectively. You can't go blow for blow against a Warrior - you will lose every time that way. Kite, flee, stun and compress max damage into short bursts before you stun again.
Fatal mistake when trying to lunch multiple blows after a stun. I've once cornered 3 end-game warriors with simple charged stuns and 1 skill/normal atk in between.

Cero
02-03-2013, 09:26 AM
I'm not much of a pro at using rogues, with my main being a warrior, but in my opinion Stunning is the key to winning. When a warrior fails to activate horn of renew, he's diced meat. Personally i think that the shield is the only thing that's keeping rogues from totally owning warriors.

agreed stunning is a good way to defeat a warrior but ive fought a rogue who doesnt use stun instead having a lifepack build.

exportedjunks ownd my warrior and ddnt use any stun.

crazyliketat
02-05-2013, 04:54 AM
Hmm as a rouge i would love to take a war in one on one :) its fun..

IGN: Dervy :)

GoodSyntax
02-05-2013, 08:21 AM
Fatal mistake when trying to lunch multiple blows after a stun. I've once cornered 3 end-game warriors with simple charged stuns and 1 skill/normal atk in between.

Then those are three lame Warriors.

How do you change the target? Everything is auto-targeted, so I can't figure out how you are able to keep three people stunned. Were these three AFK warriors? None of them could figure out how to put up a shield, or launch Windmill to slow you down, or anything...anything at all?

Crabmeat
02-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Then those are three lame Warriors.

How do you change the target? Everything is auto-targeted, so I can't figure out how you are able to keep three people stunned. Were these three AFK warriors? None of them could figure out how to put up a shield, or launch Windmill to slow you down, or anything...anything at all?

For a rogue, charged normal is an aoe. Those were end-game warriors, 2 of them were demonlords. I caught them in ambush while they were busy with another mage. Ask any rogue, should be easy enough to charged stun multiple opponents.

Spicy1
02-05-2013, 02:58 PM
For a rogue, charged normal is an aoe. Those were end-game warriors, 2 of them were demonlords. I caught them in ambush while they were busy with another mage. Ask any rogue, should be easy enough to charged stun multiple opponents.

GoodSyntax uses a bow am I right? Charged attack stuns no matter what weapon.
Daggers: aoe stun
Bow: single target stun
Rifle(sorc): single target stun
Staff(sorc): aoe atun
2h sword(warr): aoe stun
1h sword'n'shield(warr): single target stun (not sure about this since i never had sword'n'shield on my warr)
Hope this helped :)