PDA

View Full Version : Curious..

Doodlebeast
01-31-2013, 08:04 AM
How do you have the title banned on top of the rep bar and can still post? :/

25thninja
01-31-2013, 08:05 AM
I have wondered that many-a-time, i dont know but im sure you will get a response, so this post is a waste of space....:livid:

DocDoBig
01-31-2013, 10:51 AM
oh ? who is possible to do this ?

TheBedtBird
01-31-2013, 12:32 PM
How do you have the title banned on top of the rep bar and can still post? :/

Well Doodlebeast, I can explain it to you(: Its what a pro does(:

Ok, so say a guy gets banned from the forums, but they did not get a permaban and it was a temporary ban, when there ban time is up it might still say that they are banned, even though they are unbanned, therefore they are able to post even though it says there banned

Hope this helps, your welcome Doodlebeast

Multibird
01-31-2013, 12:41 PM
and when you get ban through forums you also get banned in game...vise versa

The Happiness
01-31-2013, 04:23 PM

This is not actually the case. It is possible to be banned from the forums and still play in the game and vice versa.

KingFu
01-31-2013, 04:40 PM

Not at all. I've been banned from forums once or twice, and banned from in game twice. Never been banned from both at the same time.

Suentous PO
01-31-2013, 04:41 PM
Well Doodlebeast, I can explain it to you(: Its what a pro does(:

Ok, so say a guy gets banned from the forums, but they did not get a permaban and it was a temporary ban, when there ban time is up it might still say that they are banned, even though they are unbanned, therefore they are able to post even though it says there banned

Hope this helps, your welcome Doodlebeast

This is not true. If its a temp ban, the phrase "banned" is removed when the ban is lifted, I've seen this with a few of my friends.
I'm willing to bet OP is seeing posts made before the ban that recieve that title after the fact.

TheBedtBird
01-31-2013, 05:38 PM
Well Suentous PO you are one smart guy very smart, I do not doubt your intellgience, but I have been here since 2010 I usually lurked, but I have seen it all, I seen this happen a few times, where it says a person is banned but he's still posting, its just a glitch it happens(:

Suentous PO
01-31-2013, 07:10 PM
Thought of something else ; we dont know the moment someone is banned. Usually the offending post is also removed making it impossible to know if a post was made AFTER someone was banned.
It would just LOOK like a banned person was able to post after the ban.

The Happiness
02-01-2013, 03:10 AM
Well Suentous PO you are one smart guy very smart, I do not doubt your intellgience, but I have been here since 2010 I usually lurked, but I have seen it all, I seen this happen a few times, where it says a person is banned but he's still posting, its just a glitch it happens(:

Incorrect. The system regarding banning definitely would not permit forum users to post after a ban had been imposed. And, as soon as the ban had been lifted, the word 'banned' would be removed from the forumer's name. Any posts that you believe have been made during ban time were posted prior to the ban. However, I am not sure if a person is still able to log in and view the forums during the ban. I rather suspect they are. So it may show that someone is online during the ban although they would not be able to post or private message.

LwMark
02-01-2013, 03:11 AM
Ok lets test it out , someone get banned, not it!

:p

Doodlebeast
02-01-2013, 03:14 AM
Ok lets test it out , someone get banned, not it!

:p
I saw the title banned under dudetus's name yesterday

The Happiness
02-01-2013, 04:49 AM
I saw the title banned under dudetus's name yesterday

Yes...I am sure he won't mind me telling you that he had a one day ban which has now been lifted. Pretty sure that, although he could log in during this time, he was unable to post or pm.

Nihiliste
02-02-2013, 06:32 AM

I don't doubt your "intellgience" either! (: