PDA

View Full Version : Noob times

Caiahar
01-31-2013, 09:09 AM
Hey guys! Last night I was wondering on how much of a noob I was when I started PL. So I thought that this would be a thread everyone would post their funny noob times. Like Example: I had a bear and I kept on using int, cuz I thought that intelligence is good, but I never got swords. Something like that!

Here's mine: when I started PL, I didn't know anything about it. I didn't bother checking forums, since I thought it was a waste of time. I started as an archer and when I got attribute points, I always put them in str! I thought that str was good because it makes you strong! I did this up to lvl 30 and began wondering why I never used bows but I use swords! Finally I checked forums and saw those wonderful threads about how to be an archer. I respeced and became full dex! Whenever I pvped, I always rushed cuz I didn't know what to do!
That's mine, so now you guys can share the noob times you had!

TheDaftness
01-31-2013, 11:55 AM
STR bird is actually a pretty good build, Shadow! Trick is, you only use enough STR to equip STR gear for your level, then the rest in DEX for crazy bird DMG. Having said that, I recently respec'd to full DEX... it is def the best use of a bird in PVE, if you dont mind getting squishy!

My best n00b memory: I was so jeally of people with guns & alien blasters when i first started that I actually bought a crappy "green" L50 gun from a SPAMmerch, figuring I would hold on to it until I was able to use it. By the time I hit L40 i realized it was trash.. lmao

TheBedtBird
01-31-2013, 12:16 PM
Sadly but truly, I have been a pro all my life
I think my ancestor was the one who first invented video games, it would explain how I am really good at what I do
But it would be nice to hear some of you guys moments(:

Multibird
01-31-2013, 12:42 PM
never took anyone's help

Deadsoldiers
01-31-2013, 12:55 PM
Hmmm lol my first char was a bird aswell, i put every skill points into int because i thought i would learn new spells and trick enemies doing that lmao.
But i figured really soon that this was crap. ;)

Chopper
01-31-2013, 01:29 PM
When i started playing, i didnt know there was a forum and just blasted my way through like the first 30 levels or so. I was so clueless that i didn't even check or use CS at all and i ended up just liquidating some valuable pink drops i got because they were simply taking up needed inventory space and i didnt know what was rare or worth anything. Yup, pretty noob LOL

Puddleglumm
01-31-2013, 01:38 PM
when i started, i join a very helpful guild that would help lvl me and make the game more interesting, player vs pimps, i rly didnt know how to play and didnt know about the forums, then i stoped playing, one day i got back on because i was bored and now i play it alot, best surprise ever!! angel set!! that is the only reason i want to lvl up to wear that cool int dex set!! once i got there i was like "why stop now?'' now im 76 :))))))

MightyMicah
01-31-2013, 02:00 PM
When I was like a level 36 bird (first character I had made) I started putting int into my stats because I wanted to equip this level, like, 7 staff that I thought looked awesome. You see, I had gotten the black cowboy hat, cardinal face, and a black cloak. So I wanted the black staff to go with it. Genius, right? *facepalm*

Deathofan
01-31-2013, 03:05 PM
Bird all the way. Was going for pure str as a bird since I though str would rise my dmg, then I met a cool friend during 56 cap that oriented me that enought-str-to-equip/rest dex build was the best build for warbirds. I stopped beign a warbird when I met zusolo during mt fang cap and started beign pure dex since then.

Rawrimafish
01-31-2013, 03:09 PM
anyone else remember that everytime you level, people always say "grats"? now alot more people are capped and rude :P

iacito
01-31-2013, 03:14 PM
Sold a L61 orlok shield for 10k during fang cap:upset::sorrow::stupid:

MightyMicah
01-31-2013, 03:15 PM
anyone else remember that everytime you level, people always say "grats"? now alot more people are capped and rude :P

I remember that! Unfortunately that's not all that has changed for the worse... :(

skrapicoco
01-31-2013, 03:33 PM
turned down black set for my red helm before they made it vanity :cower: im still thinking about it..

Puddleglumm
01-31-2013, 04:49 PM
I remember that! Unfortunately that's not all that has changed for the worse... :(

nice sig :)

Puddleglumm
01-31-2013, 04:49 PM
turned down black set for my red helm before they made it vanity :cower: im still thinking about it..

sold my dragon helm for 200k............. yea ik...... 2 days before it came vanity........

MightyMicah
01-31-2013, 05:19 PM
nice sig :)

Thanks, you too :)

LwMark
01-31-2013, 05:37 PM
No one listened about black items, thats why i stack stack stacked

skrapicoco
01-31-2013, 06:22 PM
sold my dragon helm for 200k............. yea ik...... 2 days before it came vanity........

Yeah those days..

No one listened about black items, thats why i stack stack stacked

Wew share some of your stack lol

Caiahar
01-31-2013, 07:07 PM
Lol I enjoyed reading these stories. Ahh those noob days.. I thought str would make me really strong, int was stupid cuz I thought who needs to think in game? I had NO idea what was dexterity!

MightyMicah
01-31-2013, 10:30 PM
Lol I enjoyed reading these stories. Ahh those noob days.. I thought str would make me really strong, int was stupid cuz I thought who needs to think in game? I had NO idea what was dexterity!

I know the noob stories always brighten my day. Haha

Phoenixking
02-01-2013, 01:01 AM
When I created my char I was like derp and spent more of my time checking out all the different buttons and menu, I got curious fast >.<
then I saw a staff and saw I could buy it and all I needed was int so I remade char (didn't have plat for respec) and because I thought choosing elf was girly I went with bird and became an intbird :D maybe the first or second cause I did this in early August and I went on to being an intbird all the way to lvl 50 cap :3 memories

TEOKILLO
02-01-2013, 01:04 AM
Lies i knew yew at 50 cap and u were dex

Phoenixking
02-01-2013, 01:05 AM
I don't remember you, remember you at 56 though

Doodlebeast
02-01-2013, 01:16 AM
Someone try to sell me lv 50 AO 2 and 3 gears for 500 gold each. Omigosh I wished I bought it.

TEOKILLO
02-01-2013, 01:17 AM
I don't remember you, remember you at 56 though

I had a completely stupid name

Jcyee
02-01-2013, 01:39 AM
Ahh. The noob days lol

I first started playing because my brother found the game. My very first character was actually an archer, but I deleted it after like level 10 for a mage because my bro was using one and I thought it was cool. Then I made a warrior and I would alternate between my mage and warrior after I completed all quests of a campaign. By doing this, I had finished all AO1, 2, and 3 quests and I was lvl 50 something and my mage was maybe lvl 32. But by that time, rumors were spreading like crazy about the next cap (level 61). So I skipped the whole alternating thing because Alien Oasis took way too long and I wanted to cap really bad for the CoP! Turns out I had plenty of time to cap but by the time I did, I was too lazy to level my mage xD It actually wasn't until the humania cap that I started leveling my mage again because of the angel sets we received. Now I'm too lazy to level my rhino... I'll level him... one day...

And that's my noob story... I was pretty weird lol

Doodlebeast
02-01-2013, 03:16 AM
I don't even know how did I get all 4 of my char names.

Yep. My forum name.

LwMark
02-01-2013, 03:21 AM
Idownloaded app on gf phone but her phone broke an i didnt get a smart phone for a while so when i redowloaded it I remember when i seriously had no gear or had no idea where places were or when i was begging for the cool guys in the cops to help me level, an as time progressed i joined forums an made a couple hundred mil, had more fun i think when i disnt have no moneys or gear

DocDoBig
02-01-2013, 06:04 AM
made a couple hundred mil, had more fun i think when i didnt have moneys or gear

Wanna change ? :P

LwMark
02-01-2013, 11:23 AM
made a couple hundred mil, had more fun i think when i didnt have moneys or gear

Wanna change ? :P

Ok meet me in the alley behind balefort and dark forest

Chopper
02-01-2013, 11:41 AM
...had more fun i think when i disnt have no moneys or gear

this is true. When you are noob, things are new and everything you get, even some purples seem exciting and a boost to your character's abilities. You get to plan out what other items you will be able to afford and use in the future, and actually have to work for them. All fun.

When you are super rich, i can imagine it's just a question of managing prices (buying stuff when low, selling high). You already have the best gear so not as much to look forward to at all. Even new caps seem more like just going through the same routine to move up to the next set of crafted gear.

Chiti
02-01-2013, 12:02 PM
Thanks, you too :)

Your sig? Made by?