PDA

View Full Version : ***official "al needs items of greater rarity"/"arcane pet is too rare, wah!!" thread

wvhills
02-01-2013, 03:23 PM
I'm not one to defend the devs but, geez, let's give them a break.

We have people on here clamoring that we need super rare items introduced to the game. They say the pink items don't hold their value, that, over time, everyone ends up with them and they aren't worth anything.

So STS introduces arcane pets and already we're getting the "wah, the new pet has been out 3 hours and I haven't got one yet!"

Seriously guys, here's how I view arcane items...pink or "legendary" drops are super rare and arcane is too rarity levels above that. That should tip you off to how rare the drop rate would be. I understand some people have dropped a lot of plat and are upset but "arcane" should have given you a clue that this is a really exclusive item.

Vystirch
02-01-2013, 03:32 PM
I'm not one to defend the devs but, geez, let's give them a break.

We have people on here clamoring that we need super rare items introduced to the game. They say the pink items don't hold their value, that, over time, everyone ends up with them and they aren't worth anything.

So STS introduces arcane pets and already we're getting the "wah, the new pet has been out 3 hours and I haven't got one yet!"

Seriously guys, here's how I view arcane items...pink or "legendary" drops are super rare and arcane is too rarity levels above that. That should tip you off to how rare the drop rate would be. I understand some people have dropped a lot of plat and are upset but "arcane" should have given you a clue that this is a really exclusive item.

Defiantly, I'm just sad that they put the first one in a plat chest that isn't cheep what so ever.

But otherwise I like the rarity lvl.

Takezaki
02-01-2013, 03:35 PM
Defiantly, I'm just sad that they put the first one in a plat chest that isn't cheep what so ever.

But otherwise I like the rarity lvl.

I feel the same.

Energizeric
02-01-2013, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I agree with you guys, but you have to admit they probably made a nice profit from this strategy. But for me, I'm treating it like it isn't available for plat, and I will just save up the gold and buy one from the CS. It will most likely take me a long time (a couple months maybe), but I will have one eventually. :)

But the OP is correct, nobody has any patience. Folks complain prices on rare pinks drop too much, but then they rage if they don't get every item they want within one day. You can't have it both ways. If you get the items you want after one day, then so will everyone else, and then your items won't be worth anything since everyone will already have everything they want.

The reason items keep their value is because there are players who are still in the market for new items, meaning they don't have the items they want yet. The longer it takes everyone to get the gear they want in a new campaign, the longer those items will retain their high value.

I know for a fact I'm quite a bit older than most players here, so here's some advise for the younger players: try to have some patience and set some long term goals, and then work towards those goals and don't give up. This is useful advise in your life in general, but also in MMORPG games. The most successful players are the ones who set long term goals and work towards them, and don't rage when they don't get everything in 3 hours. If you want Hammerjaw, then farm for items, sell those items, save your gold, and keep saving until you can afford to buy him in the CS. Then when you get him you can actually feel good about it because you will have something that 95%+ of the players do not have.

Rare
02-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Yeah, I agree with you guys, but you have to admit they probably made a nice profit from this strategy. But for me, I'm treating it like it isn't available for plat, and I will just save up the gold and buy one from the CS. It will most likely take me a long time (a couple months maybe), but I will have one eventually. :)

I'm pretty sure this was the intent. Problem is... a lot of people feel entitled to have everything. People dont understand.... somethings you just cannot have. Its unfortunate, but you are not entitled. I would like to buy a Bently... but will probably end up getting a Nissan. Thems the rules of life.

smeagolette
02-01-2013, 06:14 PM

I'm pretty sure this was the intent. Problem is... a lot of people feel entitled to have everything. People dont understand.... somethings you just cannot have. Its unfortunate, but you are not entitled. I would like to buy a Bently... but will probably end up getting a Nissan. Thems the rules of life.

Amen! Well said, aedenos.

Genuinous
02-01-2013, 06:47 PM
However if by going around the city and beating up goblins and other evil creatures you had a small chance, a really small chance that one of them dropped a Bentley key, wouldn't that just be better? I'm not saying we all need to have an arcane pet and I do appreciate the rarity of it. I do. The only thing that I do not appreciate is that you have to pay a considerable amount of real money in order to obtain it.

Let's say there was a boss (like Bael before the December update), which took 30 mins to beat and it dropped .01%-.001% arcane items.
Would it still be crazy hard to obtain? yes. Would everyone have it? no Would players still complain that it never drops? yes, they will complain
But if STS didn't require us to pay money to get even the chance to have that arcane item, then the system would be more fair and acceptable to players (me at least).

wvhills
02-01-2013, 06:50 PM
However if by going around the city and beating up goblins and other evil creatures you had a small chance, a really small chance that one of them dropped a Bentley key, wouldn't that just be better? I'm not saying we all need to have an arcane pet and I do appreciate the rarity of it. I do. The only thing that I do not appreciate is that you have to pay a considerable amount of real money in order to obtain it.

Let's say there was a boss (like Bael before the December update), which took 30 mins to beat and it dropped .01%-.001% arcane items.
Would it still be crazy hard to obtain? yes. Would everyone have it? no Would players still complain that it never drops? yes, they will complain
But if STS didn't require us to pay money to get even the chance to have that arcane item, then the system would be more fair and acceptable to players (me at least).

Start Saving ur gold. The egg will be in the auction house in a few weeks/months. So, it won't require plat to get it.

Liquid Ice
02-01-2013, 11:19 PM
No one is forcing anyone to use their hard earned, real life currency. I have been disgusted at all the complaint threads I've seen. For one, both the mythic and arcane pets are garbage. There's no need to buy them or even desire except to look "cool" because arcane is so rare. Secondly, does anyone that complains know what "incredibly rare" means? It means you will spend a lot if you really want it that bad. Just hold off for free, highly time consuming drops.

BodMaster
02-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Treat it like you would the Lottery, is my answer to all.

Peeps spent 2k+ opening crates, with no luck. So just open one every now and then and hope to get lucky.

KillaSkillz
02-02-2013, 09:58 AM
I don't care either way really, I am confident people really wanted uber rare items that were droppable. And not a super rare random pack for cash. I am sure this is a money maker for STS, but they run the risk of making people tighten up on spending and making people skeptic of their plat purchased products doing this, hurting revenue generation when they need it in the future.

Good luck with that. I hope it works out for STS. It's not a path I would choose for my company or customers.

Zeus
02-02-2013, 02:22 PM

After finding the Bentley key, the new challenge to be find the car that matches up with that Bentley key... LOL!