PDA

View Full Version : in-game music....

Darthmase
02-01-2013, 04:00 PM
I have been playing with the volume down for a month because the music never changes.
Wouldnt it be great if the new expansion had different music? Maybe even boss music???

Vystirch
02-01-2013, 04:03 PM
I nvr turn up the volume so i wouldn't care. But for people that do, yah it would be pretty cool.

Imwatchingyou
02-01-2013, 04:18 PM
The first map of Windmoore is considered to be nostalgic. I don't understand why spacetime studios would make one good background music and the rest .... well dull. Just saying, music + game blends the atmosphere well.

Ladycandyheal
02-01-2013, 04:37 PM
I permanently turned off the music in the options setting, so don't even remember what the music sounds like

Vystirch
02-01-2013, 04:38 PM
I permanently turned off the music in the options setting, so don't even remember what the music sounds like

same! its so much more peaceful now :)

SuRfY
02-01-2013, 04:50 PM
I have been playing with the volume down for a month because the music never changes.
Wouldnt it be great if the new expansion had different music? Maybe even boss music???

Boss music reminds me of Final Fantasy games.hehe....

Imwatchingyou
02-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Oh come on... no it doesn't. Sounds nowhere near it.

Samhayne
02-01-2013, 05:04 PM
In general, music files take up a decent amount of memory, which not all devices have tons of. This is in part why we choose to no longer support older ARMv6 devices.

So, the reason, as I understand it, why there are not a lot of different music files is because of space constraints and performance on mobile devices.

I'm sure that, as technology continues to crank along, this will become less and less of an issue on newer, faster devices.

Darthmase
02-02-2013, 01:41 AM
Good answer, Sam. Audio is one of the most commonly overlooked aspects of games, which is evident in the number of posts by people who play muted.