PDA

View Full Version : Blackstar Chronicles Description Contest

Battlegrinder
02-01-2013, 05:31 PM
I've been writing a novelization of the SL for the past few months (link in my signature), and have recently been trying to come up with a good description of the resulting novel for the websites I've published it on. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to come up with something I like. So now, I'm asking the rest of the community for help.

The Challenge: Write a short description/back cover blurb for the novel. You don't have to read the novel (but it might help), just write what you think would be a good description for a novelization of SL. protagonist's name is Vance Dawes.

The Reward:Your description (or a modified variant thereof) will be used as the official novel description, granting you fame and fortune. Well, probably not fame and fortune, but you will be credited for your work, and added to the list of contributors for the novel.

In addition, you can submit a character name (and a background, if you wish) along with your description, and I will add that character to the novel. Keep any characters reasonable (epicpwnage117 might be a fine name for an MMO avatar, but I doubt you'd meet anyone by that name in real life).

Zaonabiuibil
02-01-2013, 06:37 PM
I've been writing a novelization of the SL for the past few months (link in my signature), and have recently been trying to come up with a good description of the resulting novel for the websites I've published it on. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to come up with something I like. So now, I'm asking the rest of the community for help.

The Challenge: Write a short description/back cover blurb for the novel. You don't have to read the novel (but it might help), just write what you think would be a good description for a novelization of SL. protagonist's name is Vance Dawes.

The Reward:Your description (or a modified variant thereof) will be used as the official novel description, granting you fame and fortune. Well, probably not fame and fortune, but you will be credited for your work, and added to the list of contributors for the novel.

In addition, you can submit a character name (and a background, if you wish) along with your description, and I will add that character to the novel. Keep any characters reasonable (epicpwnage117 might be a fine name for an MMO avatar, but I doubt you'd meet anyone by that name in real life).

K. Here we go :-)

"The year is 2368. Mankind is starting into their second apocalypse. Backstabbing, war and tyranny are running rampant throughout the universe.

Vince Dawes is a young man who always dreamed of joining the UC Military and defending his species, known as a "human", but what he discovers leads him into something much bigger than he ever could imagine. His journey will swallow him up, take him captive, and shoot him through the likes of space and time."

Hope you like! I didn't read the whole story, only what year it took place.

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

Ucazhaus
03-24-2013, 11:51 PM
Pssh why the name Vince Dawes when u could pick "mike rotch"

Battlegrinder
03-25-2013, 07:36 PM
Pssh why the name Vince Dawes when u could pick "mike rotch"

Cute.

Cephei
03-25-2013, 07:45 PM
Delete

bmendonc
04-17-2013, 10:19 AM
It is the end of the world and all is lost...

(that's it)

hellrussian
07-30-2013, 03:32 PM
A new York times best seller (top of cover)

A time had come. The time to revolt against the weak government of URS. The facility ship Blackstar had been set up as HQ for the rebels. Mercenary's were recruited for the final strike. But what one mercenary found changes the whole motivation of the rebels, and the the universe... journey as Vince Dawes and find out what was the government and what became know as the Scorn.

also:if you can add Hellrussian as a character in ur book.He is a former space Cossack who fights with a enormous mini gun and swigs vodka. :)

hellrussian
08-03-2013, 04:06 PM
REDO

Vince Dawes is a veteran of the Uprisings and a former UC marine. He has decided to turn to a slightly quitter life aboard UCS Blackstar, when he gets a briefing from dynstar that will change his life..forever.Follow Vince as he gets thrown from place to place working as a merc for hire.

Taipan
08-05-2013, 03:20 PM
3 necro's -_-

Fireface
08-05-2013, 06:13 PM
4:D

Zaonabiuibil
08-05-2013, 07:11 PM
I remember this thread

-------------------
Sent using spray paint on the city walls.

Sadman
08-08-2013, 08:43 AM
The galaxy trembles with fear, the cries of the several worlds can be heard afar, is there anyone that can stop the evil scorn on there conquest of the universe, blackstar marines are on the job!!! Join blackstars elite marines on a action packed intergalactic adventure you won't never forget ,so break out your space suits and get ready for a bumpy ride AT LIGHT SPEED!!!!

"It's a big job but someone's gotta do it , and they'll never see us coming" uc captain smith.

Conquered
08-11-2013, 07:45 AM
The galaxy trembles with fear, the cries of the several worlds can be heard afar, is there anyone that can stop the evil scorn on there conquest of the universe, blackstar marines are on the job!!! Join blackstars elite marines on a action packed intergalactic adventure you won't never forget ,so break out your space suits and get ready for a bumpy ride AT LIGHT SPEED!!!!

"It's a big job but someone's gotta do it , and they'll never see us coming" uc captain smith.

Very Expert Indeed. :Livid: