PDA

View Full Version : Friday Dev Report - Traveling the Kraken Isles by Ship

Samhayne
02-01-2013, 06:43 PM
Work on the new Kraken Isles Expansion for Arcane Legends continues as we march toward releasing it later this month. It is a lot of fun to see the expansion take shape. I can play the in-development version and see how things are coming together. I log in and keep my eye out for fun things that I can let you all know about.

As we mentioned in our last In-Development Post about the Kraken Isles expansion (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?84781-Kraken-Isles-Expansion-Coming-to-Arcane-Legends-in-Late-February), there is new functionality to the map that shows a pop up of the different regions in that area you can go to. This will help to reduce clutter on the map interface. Here is a shot of the 5 zones coming in the Kraken Isles expansion (please keep in mind that this is all work in progress and could very well change before going live).

When your character travels between different areas, they will do it via ship. This means when you start a zone it will be from the dingy you used to row to show. Likewise, if you are playing from area to area, you'll hop back in another dingy to head out to your ship and sail to the next area. The design team was telling me how they can use this common ship area as a quest hub and/or another point of interest as you play through the zone. I'm keen to see how that plays out. Oh, and needless to say, where there are ships involved, there are pirates. Keep your cutlass handy :D

Here is a screenshot of the ship:

The sailors aboard have some funny bits of conversation. Unfortunately, my screen cap didn't do them much justice.

That's what I have for you this Friday. Check in next week for a closer look at some of the new armor coming in the Kraken Isles expansion. Have an awesome weekend!

SuRfY
02-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Wow!!!

quaziest
02-01-2013, 06:45 PM
NICE!!! raise level cap to 30!!!

Bootdaddy
02-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Awesome

Anifionaky
02-01-2013, 07:36 PM
Is here will be new chest for new stuf or that will be still Locked crate :((

Samhayne
02-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Is here will be new chest for new stuf or that will be still Locked crate :((

Yes, there will be new items. I'm not sure yet on the specifics of how they will be distributed - drops, quests, store, crates, etc.

Next week we will look at some of the new armor coming in advance of the expansion to the store. I also think some of the art that will be used for drops might be ready for a sneak peek.

SuRfY
02-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Yes, there will be new items. I'm not sure yet on the specifics of how they will be distributed - drops, quests, store, crates, etc.

Next week we will look at some of the new armor coming in advance of the expansion to the store. I also think some of the art that will be used for drops might be ready for a sneak peek.

Maybe let the Insiders have priority? LOL.

Daueden
02-01-2013, 08:20 PM
We should get a cool helm this time for capping

Extreme
02-01-2013, 08:29 PM
That was fast:O

Lowlyspy
02-01-2013, 08:31 PM
We should get a cool helm this time for capping
I'd prefer a banner with an image that represents the campaign the elite cap was for, not just a different colored chevron banner. Perhaps a banner with a Ship's Wheel.

SuRfY
02-01-2013, 08:32 PM
I would prefer a small little handkerchief. hehe...

Vystirch
02-01-2013, 08:59 PM
I'd prefer a banner with an image that represents the campaign the elite cap was for, not just a different colored chevron banner. Perhaps a banner with a Ship's Wheel.

Awesome idea! (Out of rep)

Edit: Also turned ELIT on this post! Woooooo!

Arcana
02-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Haiyaya captain !!!

Anegriv
02-01-2013, 10:32 PM
Awesome!

BoomBox
02-02-2013, 01:33 AM
Or a pirate banner for cap! Or a kracken head banner!

Deathblaze
02-02-2013, 03:38 AM
IM SO EXCITED BUT I HAVE ONE QUESTION,Will the new items be in the Mythic Rarity?

Vystirch
02-02-2013, 03:53 AM
IM SO EXCITED BUT I HAVE ONE QUESTION,Will the new items be in the Mythic Rarity?

Only a few über rare will be in arcane rarity. And I assume only a few or a bit more in the less than über rare mythic category.

Deathblaze
02-02-2013, 06:34 AM
Got it thanks

Limsi
02-02-2013, 06:40 AM
Cool beans, can't wait!

Xbuddyjosh
02-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Is there a new town or are we still stuck with kraag and outpost? If so, is the stash right next to the default spawn location??? That would be a big help!
:banana:

Vystirch
02-02-2013, 11:00 AM
Is there a new town or are we still stuck with kraag and outpost? If so, is the stash right next to the default spawn location??? That would be a big help!
:banana:

When your character travels between different areas, they will do it via ship. This means when you start a zone it will be from the dingy you used to row to show. Likewise, if you are playing from area to area, you'll hop back in another dingy to head out to your ship and sail to the next area. The design team was telling me how they can use this common ship area as a quest hub and/or another point of interest as you play through the zone. I'm keen to see how that plays out.

There is the closest thing to your Answear.

Gaabelec22
02-02-2013, 06:20 PM
They should make the banner a pirate flag with the skull on it that would be sick :)

Caf Navarro
02-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Or a pirate banner for cap! Or a kracken head banner!

or maybe a kracken costume! :D lol

TexanPrince
02-05-2013, 05:05 AM
So excited. Cant. Even. Wait.

Melodicdeath
02-05-2013, 06:06 AM
Looks awesome! cant wait!!

Busterbiebe
02-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Yes!!! I've saved 100k already