PDA

View Full Version : Game Lag? I cant even PVP with this kinda lag

Darkgenocide
02-02-2013, 08:56 AM
so iv talked to a few people and they tell me its not my internet that its the AL Servers. Is this true? I run fine in citys but once i go into PVP or something and get close to someone on the other team i lag HARD..so hard i cant even shoot my bow or ANYTHING and end up just getting killed over and over and over. Anyone else having this issue?

BodMaster
02-02-2013, 09:07 AM
Yup close to 100% of the time. AL servers/speed is horrendous, no matter what connection/device I try using.

I'm at 500/1k ping at all times in PvP, then get DC from ping spikes reaching from 20k-120k.

Got used to it, but hoping StS can fix these issues.

SuRfY
02-02-2013, 09:10 AM
Reached 2k-3k ping while doing the bard quests. almost died inside.

Darkgenocide
02-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Yeah I get 120k ping too and get DC'd. I am having trouble even going from area to area without getting disconnected.

Justg
02-02-2013, 10:07 AM
What part of the world are you guys in, and what kind of connection are you using?

BodMaster
02-02-2013, 10:10 AM
What part of the world are you guys in, and what kind of connection are you using?

UK - 3G/4G and WiFi, same issues but only in AL. SL, downloading, internet etc is fine.

SuRfY
02-02-2013, 10:14 AM

Singapore, WIFI, playing on my laptop using Google Chrome.

Darkgenocide
02-02-2013, 11:13 AM
US in Arizona on Google Chrome with 3G wifi good connection, everything else runs smooth youtube and every webpage but once im in PVP I lag HARD when i get near people and iv had several people tell me its doing the same to them too. I dont lag TOO bad in places like guild hall but i still hit like 10k ping and 30k pings in the guild hall with 1 other person in there with me. gets worse in packed towns like kragg.

Justg
02-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks guys. We can't recreate this yet in the offices but we'll keep looking in to it. I assume you have gone through the whole reboot device/ game/ internet connections?

Darkgenocide
02-02-2013, 11:36 AM
lol iv rebooted my pc like 10 times just tonight and even did a virus scan and cleared everything that WAS wrong and still messing up. heres a pic of my ping just sitting in the guild hall

Uzii
02-02-2013, 11:49 AM
This was alredy discussed in few threads:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?84622-Say-what
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?85037-Game-Freeze-after-latest-update
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?84886-Lagging
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?84833-Lag-much-!
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?84963-LAG

Asireuz
02-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Yesterday I had very regular spikes. Wait 8 seconds, lag spike, wait 8 seconds, lag spike.
No one else was using my connection. I even changed router, no difference.

I know there is a lot between the AL server and my phone, and AL is the first game I have
played over wifi where ping matters (a lot in pvp), but it's just no fun that way.

I hope STS get some sort of feedback of average ping over time for clients, because imho they
need to be able to investigate further than just saying they don't see the problem at their end.

Darkgenocide
02-02-2013, 11:55 AM
ah didnt notice n e of those, at least my thread got a mod in it to let us know something

Uzii
02-02-2013, 12:05 PM
I noticed as i have lag often. But i can blame my connection. But also ppl with good connection complaints.

I just log to game to collect ally reward or chat dont actualy play nor pve nor pvp more then week now. Bc even when my ping is green or yellow thers delay and it almost unplayable. Few times in pvp it just throw me out of game completly so i must log in again. No rising ping nothing i was just out of game.

BodMaster
02-02-2013, 12:08 PM
ah didnt notice n e of those, at least my thread got a mod in it to let us know something

JustG isn't just any "Mod" he's CEO of Spacetime Studios O.o

But yup, no luck here comes and goes no change, can reset device and clear cache etc etc no luck.

Here's a few occurrences where I took some ScreenShots from my DB;

http://db.tt/I9uRrKNQ

http://db.tt/2iAGcte3

http://db.tt/vaOrO2jF

Justg
02-02-2013, 12:22 PM
Uzii, where are you, what are you playing on, and with what kind of connection?

darthdlo
02-02-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm playing on a HTC EVO view tablet sprint 3g connection and usually have a ping of 150-200 but as soon as I play PvP or wt4 I get terrible lag. I have to turn off everything on screen just to try and play, my name, my buffs, other ppls buffs, other ppls names and titles and music off. Just hope this info helps, other than those 2 places my tablet plays flawlessly.

Uzii
02-02-2013, 12:55 PM
Europe - Slovakia i play on phone through wifi but my connection is slow so i in most cases blame it.

spiderpig
02-02-2013, 01:02 PM
justg this happens a lot also to other players even with a green ping indicator (usually 200-250 works smoothly before ripmaw update). warriors just drops from the sky out of nowhere, rogues flying from one end of the room to the other end when using pierce and toons appearing in screen when they are not really there. when these things happens i usually check my ping but its still green. there was also a time when everything seemed to be running quite slow and the screen freezes during combat with 2-3 opponents. after hammerhead update my game freezes when i die sometimes which is a bit unusual since this didnt happen before. i am using samsung galaxy s2 and have a great internet connection here in norway.

btw tnx for reading this thread

spiderpig
02-02-2013, 01:06 PM
i also want you to look at the zoning glitch justg where capped toons can easily join low level zones when a level 18 selects replay first and the 21s follow thru

Paindisher
02-02-2013, 08:17 PM
I have the same issue. Started two updates ago only in pvp and wt4 for me. I'm using ipad. Razr phone. Phone using 4g. Ipad using 15mbs Internet connection on a fiber network. Does the same thing with both connections.

Darkgenocide
02-03-2013, 04:43 PM

This is while sitting in guild hall..not even trying to pvp lol... its basiclly unplayable

BoomBox
02-03-2013, 06:03 PM
Was laggin for a few days after update, but it seems to have gotten better

TheBedtBird
02-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Everything works fine until I approach an enemy and try to kill them, then my ping goes to 10,000. It wasn't doing it this morning, I live in oklahoma by the way, and I have 4g connection and youtube works just fine, pocket legends works swell its so smooth:)

McBain
02-14-2013, 04:56 AM
AL has always run smoothly for me, but I was playing just now and it was suuuuupper laggy and choppy. Especially running a map like Watchers 4. The game came practically to a standstill whenever there was a large group of enemies. I keep checking my ping and it's always around 100 or lower.

Asahetek
02-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Usually have a pretty good ping but through out the day yesterday pvp was laggy and had massive ping spikes up to 80k+ and got dc a few times after the server maintenance.

Samhayne
02-14-2013, 11:52 AM
For those reading this thread, we resolved an issue on our end that was specific to after yesterday's maintenance. Everything is back to running smooth. If you continue to have connectivity issues, please get in touch with Spacetime Customer Support http://support.spacetimestudios.com/

McBain
02-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Hm, yeah that's weird, because it was actually running fine for me until yesterday, and it wasn't until after the maintenance that I'm getting the frame rate problems. The connectivity on my end is fine as far as I can tell. Ping is always good when I check it. If it persists I'll contact support.

Denver Cartagena Poria
02-15-2013, 04:37 PM
Im having the same issue. My connection is good but my ping gets high when Im closer to mobs.

Darkgenocide
02-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Ever since the last update again, my lag has gotten even worse. I cant even sit in the guild hall without a 100k ping. since iv made this thread, it was going good a few days later and then another update and with that update came just tremendous lag.... even more then it was before by far.

WindTurbine
02-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Heavy lag!!!!!!! I download stuff, do speed and ping tests. Everything works great except for this game. I get disconnected from server like 8 times in half an hour. Game was fine until last 2 updates. Its really annoying not being able to play this beautiful game coz of the lag and ping spikes!! Normal ping is now 3-4 sec, goes up to 8-10 sec. Either I get disconnected or it hits the spike and 110+ secs and i have to force close!

I play using my Sony Xperia SL on wifi connection and Google Chrome on PC. Both same issue. I download stuff, browse webpages, Youtube videos, everything else works fine!

PLEASE FIX IT!!!!

My location: Pune, India

Jessicazx
02-24-2013, 08:08 PM
The lag is worse after the new update.. my average ping is around 400-750 D: