PDA

View Full Version : Harg'kyth relic drop. Do you beat him w/o breaking stones to get relics?

Phreakazoid
02-02-2013, 12:46 PM
I was wondering if Harg'kyth will drop a relic if you break the stones around him. I was told if you break them he wont drop relics. Is this true? If it is then why do people run in and break the defense stone right away? It is almost impossible to farm for good drops from him.

Lady_Pebbles
02-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Its. A. Myth. Relics can drop when his crystals are damaged. Only reason -not- to damage his crystals is to get the title.

Players often use a strategy to keep the boss at the very top of the map. Breaking the defense stone is part of that strategy because it releases the hearts that regen your hp when his shield is up. Gives players enough time to survive and run in a circle. When the shield pops up and a player has already consumed a heart, the player's toon is pushed back taking damage but not killed due to the regen of the heart (depending on how much hp said toons have).

Phreakazoid
02-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Thank you very much for the info.

Kraoracha
02-04-2013, 06:21 AM
I always break the top stone because that is where I start attacking him, and I got 3 relic stones so far. Strangely they all dropped in one week, never got one before or after it.

Phantomas
02-04-2013, 09:13 AM
@ if Harg'kyth will drop a relic if you break the stones around him

Yes, found Relic Hammer and several relic gems (Obsidian Crystals) and in all cases broke 1 or more stones.
In most cases i destroyed the 'green' stone because this stone gives Harg boss extra health regeneration.

Kraoracha
02-04-2013, 09:18 AM
I just break any stone I am close to basically and hit Harg when he is not in the yellow dome. No strategic movements here.

csb
02-06-2013, 01:56 PM
I usually try to kill him within 10 seconds at the top where he stands. No worries about other stones if he dies fast.

I killed him hundreds of times. I never had a relic drop for me or anyone in my group. I just assumed it was a 1 in million chance, so i gave up on relics. Same with Kriegberg stone.

Kraoracha
02-07-2013, 03:44 AM
I got 3 relic stones in about a few hundred runs, so they do drop, all of mine dropped in a short period of time though.
Never got a relic weapon and bought the Kriegberg stone. Relics are only 1 in a few hundred chance, but still that is not that high, I guess.

Dan Paloay
02-07-2013, 05:08 AM
I hunt a hundreds times in hunter killer,, but undead antler mask cant drop

kluu
02-11-2013, 02:32 PM
I hunt a hundreds times in hunter killer,, but undead antler mask cant drop

you can hunt any map forever and undead mask wont drop.. that vanity does not drop anymore

Freanagok
09-30-2015, 04:12 AM
Hmm i think i will try beat the hargh without defeating any stones thats so easy 2 players easy can beat him i and my friend killed him and then i and my wife without destroying the stones maybe we will have better luck because i got 150k+ kills in hargh with my old account and now my main account but i got only few obsidian.