PDA

View Full Version : Does AL have any elite vanities like PL/SL?

Zeus
02-02-2013, 01:32 PM
I was just wondering because I'm thinking about starting to play AL!

Currently, I have a L9 called Zeus (Warrior).

I will also be making two other characters, named Apollo (Rogue) and Poseidon (Mage)

Also, any tips/tricks of the game for me to do while leveling up? Any skills to invest in? Any knowledge that you think is useful, I'll appreciate. :)

BoomBox
02-02-2013, 01:33 PM
No elite vanities:) just a banner! Need any help feel free to add

Zeus
02-02-2013, 01:35 PM
No elite vanities:) just a banner! Need any help feel free to add

Banner? Can you elaborate on that a little?

Anuvastar
02-02-2013, 01:37 PM
Banner? Can you elaborate on that a little?

It's like a Vanity flag, that you can wear with other Vanities also. It's a grey and yellow flag, with a 'rank' symbol on it. Pretty sexy banner! Good luck! Oh, you can also stash it!

BoomBox
02-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Well basically when you cap youll recieve a mastery banner flag, that when you equip it it just attaches to your back as a vanity, in the AL Player Guides, Vys has a guide on all the banners you can have.

LwMark
Everytime u win on leaderboard at ebd of season u get a banner or when u reach level cap u get a banner or now they have the myyhic banners if u get a mythic item, its a little banner that is behind u if u equip it, theres a banner guide in guide area u can check that out

To bad u didnt cap during lvl 16 cap, u missed that banner :(

Zeus
Well basically when you cap youll recieve a mastery banner flag, that when you equip it it just attaches to your back as a vanity, in the AL Player Guides, Vys has a guide on all the banners you can have.

Okay, cool! Thanks :)

Was this the first cap to offer banners?

EDIT: Never mind, read the guide and got the answer. :)

Anuvastar
02-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Got completely ignored... :dispirited:

Lowlyspy
02-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Nah 16 cap was.

BoomBox
02-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Well from the start of AL the lvl 16 cap was the first vanity banner, also there banners for LB and ataining the mythic pet and new arcane pet! Anytime!

BodMaster
02-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Okay, cool! Thanks :)

Was this the first cap to offer banners?

16 Cap was the first (:

ETA: Ninja'd

Zeus
02-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Got completely ignored... :dispirited:

No you didn't, I thanked ya :)

BoomBox
02-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Here:) list of all vanity banners that have been gathered
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?82962-Guide-All-Vanities-List-With-Pictures

Zeus
02-02-2013, 01:44 PM
Well from the start of AL the lvl 16 cap was the first vanity banner, also there banners for LB and ataining the mythic pet and new arcane pet! Anytime!

Thanks guys!

It's a pity that I missed the 16 cap banner, as I love the red/gold combination, but oh well!

I'll see when I can find the time to cap. College keeps me pretty busy :/

BoomBox
02-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Welcome! For sure but its pretty easy to cap! :) Good luck!!

BodMaster
02-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Just good to see you back (:

With your Warrior you shouldn't have much difficulty, pots shouldn't really be needed if you have the right skills.

Solo/Lvln build; (Full Str, Passive Might)

Sky (Stun proc)

WM (Duration)

Venge (Recover mana, save pots)

Horn (Heal hp, and invincible for 2 secs)

Jugg is a possibility if you really want to save on pots but it got nerfed a few times and CD is 45secs.

Will be good to finally catch you in CTF/PvP, think you will kill it, from watching you dominate in SL.

If you need help later on with your Rogue, msg me ingame on Amaterasu and I'll give you some builds/tips (:

Mage you are prob better off asking someone else, least played in all class for me atm.

Anuvastar
02-02-2013, 02:04 PM
No you didn't, I thanked ya :)

Well thanks to you kindly sir! :)

Edit, WOOT 1st thanks eh!

Zeus
02-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Just good to see you back (:

With your Warrior you shouldn't have much difficulty, pots shouldn't really be needed if you have the right skills.

Solo/Lvln build; (Full Str, Passive Might)

Sky (Stun proc)

WM (Duration)

Venge (Recover mana, save pots)

Horn (Heal hp, and invincible for 2 secs)

Jugg is a possibility if you really want to save on pots but it got nerfed a few times and CD is 45secs.

Will be good to finally catch you in CTF/PvP, think you will kill it, from watching you dominate in SL.

If you need help later on with your Rogue, msg me ingame on Amaterasu and I'll give you some builds/tips (:

Mage you are prob better off asking someone else, least played in all class for me atm.

Okay, cool!

One question? Full Str? I was doing Half Str/Half Dex like in PL, but I'm guessing I have that wrong idea?

Anuvastar
02-02-2013, 02:09 PM
Okay, cool!

One question? Full Str? I was doing Half Str/Half Dex like in PL, but I'm guessing I have that wrong idea?

Yes, as a tank you must always put FULL Strength, just a tip, maybe add +5 in Intelligence for more Mana survivability. Just my 2 little cents!

Fyrce
02-02-2013, 02:12 PM
Oh, so Zeus was you! Welcome!

I actually think, at least for the moment, that AL is a really good PUG game for those of us who mostly get on, do a few minutes and have to log off again. This was the reason I picked up PL in the first place, so I am really liking AL at the moment.

Zeus
02-02-2013, 02:15 PM

I actually think, at least for the moment, that AL is a really good PUG game for those of us who mostly get on, do a few minutes and have to log off again. This was the reason I picked up PL in the first place, so I am really liking AL at the moment.

I was getting that feel too when I picked up AL. At first I didn't like it because I don't like trying new stuff (I'm just that type of guy), but I'm getting into it!

I have a question though? Does that annoying fixed camera mode remain throughout the game? I couldn't tell because some screenshots look like they were taken from different camera angles.

LwMark
02-02-2013, 02:21 PM

I was getting that feel too when I picked up AL. At first I didn't like it because I don't like trying new stuff (I'm just that type of guy), but I'm getting into it!

I have a question though? Does that annoying fixed camera mode remain throughout the game? I couldn't tell because some screenshots look like they were taken from different camera angles.

Na cameras stay as is

BodMaster
02-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Okay, cool!

Since Str is the main attribute, it also adds a secondary stat to overall dmg. Tho Dex is nice to have a little later on and also adds HP as a secondary stat (small amount).. for levelling pure is the way to go. Crit/Dge etc can be gained through gear so, not really needed through attributes. (Changed in 16 Cap, atm Pure seems to be the best overall, and if you prefer extra you can use skill points and make up for the dex/int in Passives.

Main things to make sure are spot on is high HP/Armour and a reasonable amount of Dmg (If solo'n, dmg is a must, but can also be used through Windmill)

Zeus
02-02-2013, 02:25 PM
Na cameras stay as is

Why? Personally, I'd find that really annoying, especially in PvP when you can't look around to see who is coming at you.

Zeus
02-02-2013, 02:26 PM
Since Str is the main attribute, it also adds a secondary stat to overall dmg. Tho Dex is nice to have a little later on and also adds HP as a secondary stat (small amount).. for levelling pure is the way to go. Crit/Dge etc can be gained through gear so, not really needed through attributes. (Changed in 16 Cap, atm Pure seems to be the best overall, and if you prefer extra you can use skill points and make up for the dex/int in Passives.

Main things to make sure are spot on is high HP/Armour and a reasonable amount of Dmg (If solo'n, dmg is a must, but can also be used through Windmill)

Okay, cool, sounds easy enough.

Thank you, bro :)

Lowlyspy
02-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Why? Personally, I'd find that really annoying, especially in PvP when you can't look around to see who is coming at you.
Basically because sts doesn't want to design the backs of everything in the game. You'll get used to it.

Jcyee
02-02-2013, 02:30 PM
You'll get used to the camera the more you play. Yes it would be helpful but not much we can do about it.

As for builds, full str would be the way to go. If anything else maybe a little dex but not really necessary. Mana shouldn't be a problem if you use vengeance.

BodMaster
02-02-2013, 02:34 PM

Unfortunately yes.

As they put so much visual effects into the game they only covered a certain amount of the 3D aspect. Meaning if they turned the camera, the other side of what looks like a normal buildings/setting in a town will have no backing just a blank space.

There has been confirmation this will not be changing anytime soon if at all, as it would take a lot of time for the designers to completely re-work the art.

However, after a while you do become accustomed to it, and it hardly bothers you except maybe in places like Watchers/Tombs/CTF.

(Quickly searched for JustG's explanation on the subject and failed, will add it if I find it)

BodMaster
02-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Ahh not exactly what I was looking for, but pretty good news/hope that it will be possible to rotate in PvP/CTF in the future; http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?83293-Official-PvP-Feedback-Thread-Capture-the-Flag&p=933680&viewfull=1#post933680

Seiyen
02-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Also dont mind adding ur son,lvl 10 warrior 'Hercules' :)

Zeus
02-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Also dont mind adding ur son,lvl 10 warrior 'Hercules' :)

Crap, I forgot to tell you...the legends forget to tell that I was very inebriated the night I created you. :/

Bless
02-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Is apollo you? Saw a dude (warrior) named Apollo :p

Welcome to AL anyways. You planning on twink pvp?

Zeus
02-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Is apollo you? Saw a dude (warrior) named Apollo :p

Welcome to AL anyways. You planning on twink pvp?

I haven't made my character named Apollo yet, but it shouldn't be taken considering I paid 20 platinum to reserve my name.

Seiyen
02-02-2013, 04:17 PM
Crap, I forgot to tell you...the legends forget to tell that I was very inebriated the night I created you. :/

Thats the reason why i get those lame ping spikes when am on 'Hercules'..:mad:

BodMaster
02-02-2013, 04:18 PM
There was a bug from the people that used the APK before full release which were able to get names that had been reserved.

Though a quick PM to a Sam/Email to support and they will rename them, and open the name up for you again. (Happened to a few peeps on launch)

Zeus
02-02-2013, 04:19 PM
There was a bug from the people that used the APK before full release which were able to get names that had been reserved.

Though a quick PM to a Sam/Email to support and they will rename them, and open the name up for you again. (Happened to a few peeps on launch)

Okay, thank you so much. I started panicking for a second.

Zeus
02-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Yup, I'm trying to make my other two characters which I reserved and have been known through all 4 games by and it's not letting me.

Poseidon and Apollo are the other two characters that it will not let me make.

BodMaster
02-02-2013, 04:25 PM
Okay, thank you so much. I started panicking for a second.

Yhh when I see, Apollo, Zues, and Poseidon I'm like.. Parth's names.. Lol

Know how much they mean to you, so thought I'd quickly chime in before you freaked out :p (Rightly so too)

ETA: Damn, well contact Sam/Support and they will get it fixed for you. After all you purchased/reserved the names so nothing to worry about.

Zeus
02-02-2013, 04:31 PM
Yhh when I see, Apollo, Zues, and Poseidon I'm like.. Parth's names.. Lol

Know how much they mean to you, so thought I'd quickly chime in before you freaked out :p (Rightly so too)

ETA: Damn, well contact Sam/Support and they will get it fixed for you. After all you purchased/reserved the names so nothing to worry about.

Do you happen to know if the person who currently has the names has a forums account? I'd like to get into contact with him.

I did contact both Sam and support. Hopefully they can sort me out, as I'd love to play, but only with the names that are so dear to me.

Bless
02-02-2013, 04:37 PM
I'm pretty sure that "Apollo" does not come on very often and is a newbie

Zeus
02-02-2013, 04:39 PM
I'm pretty sure that "Apollo" does not come on very often and is a newbie

What about Poseidon?

BodMaster
02-02-2013, 04:40 PM
Do you happen to know if the person who currently has the names has a forums account? I'd like to get into contact with him.

I did contact both Sam and support. Hopefully they can sort me out, as I'd love to play, but only with the names that are so dear to me.

First I heard about it, was when Miracle mentioned it with Apollo. I would have PM'd them thinking it was you if I had seen them in game.

Will keep an eye out in sigs etc.

Zeus
02-02-2013, 04:41 PM
First I heard about it, was when Miracle mentioned it with Apollo. I would have PM'd them thinking it was you if I had seen them in game.

Will keep an eye out in sigs etc.

Thanks Bod :)

Vystirch
02-02-2013, 05:03 PM
hey apollo i think you will enjoy AL. to answear the original post here is my vanity guide ive made: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?82962-Guide-All-Vanities-List-With-Pictures

Energizeric
02-03-2013, 03:30 AM
Hey Apollo, AL is lots of fun. You will get used to the camera angle. As a veteran of PL it annoyed me at first too, but you do get used to it. You will see that they fixed a number of issues that plagued PL for so long. In AL you don't need plat to compete, and other than vanity items (which have no stats), all of the other items sold for plat are chests that give random items, and all of the items are tradeable and can be purchased for gold in the CS. Elixirs are not really needed as you can get them from your gift chests, and even if you do spend plat on them, they don't give a huge advantage like in PL. There is no shamus or 3x thrasher here. Best you can hope for is a 25% boost. Overall it's much more fun.

If you could use some help, I'd be happy to give you some gold to get started. Just add me in game. Once upon a time someone game me some gold to help me get started in PL....... :)

kateku
02-03-2013, 12:36 PM
Hey buddy, glad to see you here. Not sure if you remember me in SL. Hope you have fun in AL and add me if you can :)

Bless
02-03-2013, 01:04 PM
Parth if ur thinking about twinking at L16, pm me on forums.

Zeus
02-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Hey Apollo, AL is lots of fun. You will get used to the camera angle. As a veteran of PL it annoyed me at first too, but you do get used to it. You will see that they fixed a number of issues that plagued PL for so long. In AL you don't need plat to compete, and other than vanity items (which have no stats), all of the other items sold for plat are chests that give random items, and all of the items are tradeable and can be purchased for gold in the CS. Elixirs are not really needed as you can get them from your gift chests, and even if you do spend plat on them, they don't give a huge advantage like in PL. There is no shamus or 3x thrasher here. Best you can hope for is a 25% boost. Overall it's much more fun.

If you could use some help, I'd be happy to give you some gold to get started. Just add me in game. Once upon a time someone game me some gold to help me get started in PL....... :)

Thanks Energizeric! Karma does come around, I guess, lol. (:

@Kate How could I forget you?! I definitely still remember you. (:

@TheMiracleBird Alright, thanks!

Hadec
02-04-2013, 06:35 AM
it would be lovable to have them though