PDA

View Full Version : PvP Kill System opinions

Hroovitnir
02-02-2013, 02:48 PM
So I am a geared out warrior with a custom pvp build. I can stand around and take dmg forever, and i deal out about 300 or so a hit, so i LOVE when everyone else has died im running around buffing attacking holding off the other 2-3 players waiting for everyone who died to come back, they come back and get the last hit and take my kill. This displeases me.

Lalarie
02-02-2013, 02:50 PM
Like Bodmaster said, this isn't really pvp this is ctf, ctf is capture the flag

Hroovitnir
02-02-2013, 02:53 PM
yes, but noone cares about ctf, otherwise wouldnt be so many twinking...pvp kills and a decent k/d ratio is all most players care about and ST needs to recognize that and do something accordingly. ctf is so stupid its a lame wow throwback and noone liked it then either except for pve superstars and thats not an mmo, mmo is all about kills of other players, otherwise go grind a console rpg

Lalarie
02-02-2013, 02:54 PM
yes, but noone cares about ctf, otherwise wouldnt be so many twinking...pvp kills and a decent k/d ratio is all most players care about and ST needs to recognize that and do something accordingly. ctf is so stupid its a lame wow throwback and noone liked it then either except for pve superstars and thats not an mmo, mmo is all about kills of other players, otherwise go grind a console rpg

I care about ctf

Hroovitnir
02-02-2013, 02:56 PM
you are one of the few, ctf has 0 merit in a game where gearing up is supposed to mean you can take on other players...so who cares about ctf ? only a few pve superstars like i said...and also like i said, then go grind a console rpg

because im tired of working kids over and getting no kill credit for it

Lady_Pebbles
02-02-2013, 03:02 PM
Well then wait for a DM type of FFA PvP to be released on AL. Where kills have more merit over flag captures in a team based PvP. The goal there would be to get a certain amount of kills per TEAM in order to win. Then you can brag about having the highest kills... But I gotta warn ya, no one will care. XD

Lalarie
02-02-2013, 03:32 PM
you are one of the few, ctf has 0 merit in a game where gearing up is supposed to mean you can take on other players...so who cares about ctf ? only a few pve superstars like i said...and also like i said, then go grind a console rpg

One of the few.... A lot of friends ONLY care about flags

XghostzX
02-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Eh, STS isn't very good at balancing gear. I recommend making a rogue right now if you want to get kills, because the class that starts OP, usually ends up being OP.

Trust me, I've had this experience through PL. They don't listen to us.

Lowlyspy
02-02-2013, 03:45 PM

You seem not to notice, this game is built around pve. Pvp is a side thing. You get gear in pve, you level up in pve, you learn to play in pve. In my opinion ctf is better than just straight up deathmatch, it actually takes some teamwork to achieve victory, unlike DM where you just beat the crap out of eachother and after about 5 minutes the game is over.

nicoB
02-02-2013, 04:02 PM
Ok so heres the scenario. your fighting aomeone as good as or better than you. you end taking about 80% of the opponents health before you die. then a rogye comes by and finishes him off. would it be fair for you to get the kill when you failed? Honestly dmg based kill system is stupid. ctf is a team game. and warriors arent assasins anyway. Oh and ive seen warriors with decent kill streaks. soooo maybe a.new strategy is in order

warbluefish
02-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Haha. this my opion on CTF. first STS has done a hard work on it. i think they trying to make AL CTF the best in all their games atm. and i agree the guy above. u mainly play the game for pve. CTF is only for two purpose. one for those guys wanna get on LB to get achievmentpoints. second. it for the trash time like now. two weeks to cap rise. auction equips price crashed. nobody wanna farm. everyone is bored. so play some CTF. but hope u r good with it. u know. :).

just dont take it too seriouce. there is a long way to go to make balancing better. as i said in other thread. want kills. just chase mages. they r so weak.
ba

Hroovitnir
02-02-2013, 04:32 PM
Ok so heres the scenario. your fighting aomeone as good as or better than you. you end taking about 80% of the opponents health before you die. then a rogye comes by and finishes him off. would it be fair for you to get the kill when you failed? Honestly dmg based kill system is stupid. ctf is a team game. and warriors arent assasins anyway. Oh and ive seen warriors with decent kill streaks. soooo maybe a.new strategy is in order

Well im not dieing is my point, lol...i will still be there fighting off 2 people and someone comes back after dieing and hits someone while im tanking someone else and gets the last hit when i did all the dmg and was still alive to get the kill and all they did was die and not contribute, kills should be based off dmg

Hroovitnir
02-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Well then wait for a DM type of FFA PvP to be released on AL. Where kills have more merit over flag captures in a team based PvP. The goal there would be to get a certain amount of kills per TEAM in order to win. Then you can brag about having the highest kills... But I gotta warn ya, no one will care. XD

THIS! This is an epic idea, except let us pick teams instead of randomly assigning as well so we can go in with guildies or friends. But yes a DM type FFA with teams AND a 1v1 arena, all for points/kills. But THE DEVS ARE LISTENING!!! This appears to be a rare game where that happens as one has already PM me about the PvP.

Bless
02-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Deathmatches will come later on this month no need for drama.

really
02-03-2013, 01:54 PM
Many build tanks because they want to survive. There are trade-offs.

Energizeric
02-03-2013, 06:39 PM
So I am a geared out warrior with a custom pvp build. I can stand around and take dmg forever, and i deal out about 300 or so a hit, so i LOVE when everyone else has died im running around buffing attacking holding off the other 2-3 players waiting for everyone who died to come back, they come back and get the last hit and take my kill. This displeases me.

Yes, this displeases me too. I think you should not be able to "stand around and take dmg forever" and should die like everyone else when you get hit enough times.