PDA

View Full Version : Lets just clear things up.

Bless
02-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Hello :) I just want to clear things up about twinking. Firstly let me start by saying I have been twinking since minute 1 of the pvp update so dont call me a noob, but I will not give biased statements.

Twinking should and WILL always be a part of AL, its in a lot of mmos. There are some people who feel that twinking requires no skill, my response is that it does require skill - heck even logging on takes skill. If pvp on a L21 is considered skillful, why shouldnt L16/10 pvp, considering it has the same skill points (I mean character skills IE. Fireball), be considered skillful? I say it requires more Brians because skill points are limited on a twink.

Then people say you are just killing newbies. Firstly this happens in Endgame as well, 6/10 times I enter an arena I get paired up with L20s.

There is also comments that say that twinks have the best gear (you dont say! Thats what twink means) at their level and it gives them an advantage over newcomers because elite L15/16 gear is discontinued now. My response: It does give them a small advantage BUT there are lots of bundles that can be brought for twinks - if someone wasnt around at the 16 cap, they can purchase a bundle which has sub-par gear. Secondly, it would be no fun if everyone had the same elite loadout, thats why sts introduced watcher gear for under L20's.

Finally dont hate, appreciate! Seriously, devs INTENDED for twinking to take place in pvp. They couldve wrote when a low level tried to enter arena "you have to be level 20 or above to enter the arena" (like in elites). I really encourage people to try out twinking ;)

Cheers!
~ Lilbless

Infrico
02-03-2013, 04:26 AM
I pwn u.

gundamsone
02-03-2013, 04:32 AM
Endgamers will never understand no matter how convincing you are

Genuinous
02-03-2013, 05:14 AM
I don't have a twink, but yes they definitely require different skills. However saying that top gear for lvl 10-16 is the same as other gear available is not quite right. If you compare yourself against other twinks, yes you both will have the money to purchase the items. But when you compare yourself with low lvl players, newbies will not be able to make hundred thousands by going to elite lvls farming gear or eggs. Also I have a hard time accepting that fighting with twinks is just as difficult as with end game toons, when many twinks put up 10:1, 20:1 k/d ratios, which is quite unseen in end game toons.

Again I'm not hating, just saying what I think. Twinks definitely do require good skills and not everyone can do them for sure.

Energizeric
02-03-2013, 06:42 PM
As I posted in another thread, a certain percentage of twinks are just there because they are new players on their way towards leveling up towards end game. And so, on average twinks have less experience than end game players. So if you are a very experienced twink, you will dominate more than you would as a very experienced end game player. It's just the way it is. I wouldn't say it requires no skill. But if you are very skilled you will dominate more than you could at end game.

Another reason is this: New players who have yet to reach end game have not gotten an opportunity to farm the elite dungeons, so most likely will have inferior gear. You on the other hand probably have superior gear, and this too gives you a bigger advantage.

Zeus
02-03-2013, 06:54 PM
Wait, twink gear is discontinued/unobtainable? What?

birdmasta
02-03-2013, 07:01 PM
@Apollo yep sucks huh?

TEOKILLO
02-03-2013, 07:08 PM
Lets make this clear, lilbless spawned me and ruined my 6-1 kdr

birdmasta
02-03-2013, 07:28 PM
@TEOKILLO no rule to spawning and if u cant keep up 6-1 kdr then its not really 6-1 kdr

Deadbite
02-03-2013, 07:31 PM
Well Teo looking at what your sig says. Good job lib!!!!

Bless
02-03-2013, 07:34 PM
@TEOKILLO no rule to spawning and if u cant keep up 6-1 kdr then its not really 6-1 kdr chill he's kidding :) he's a baws like that.

Caiahar
02-03-2013, 08:17 PM
The elite gear at lvl 16/15 cap is discontinued. And I wonder what will little kids do at pvp considering they can't buy plat.......I don't buy plat myself.....I only use free offers and plat when there is no free offers.

gundamsone
02-03-2013, 08:34 PM
the gear from watchman gear have similar stats I believe.

I think the armor has identical stats to the elite counterparts

Takezaki
02-03-2013, 08:41 PM
the gear from watchman gear have similar stats I believe.

I think the armor has identical stats to the elite counterparts

For Level 16 Heroic and Villainous gear is useless.

Energizeric
02-03-2013, 09:34 PM
I wonder what STS is going to do when the cap goes up again. Are they going to once again raise all of the elite dungeons to the higher level? Will we still be doing elite jarl runs, but now for level 26 versions of the same exact gear we've been using for 2 campaigns now? I seriously hope they don't do that.

TEOKILLO
02-03-2013, 09:38 PM
@TEOKILLO no rule to spawning and if u cant keep up 6-1 kdr then its not really 6-1 kdr chill he's kidding :) he's a baws like that.

:D.

birdmasta
02-03-2013, 11:21 PM
:D.

sorry xD