PDA

View Full Version : Luck elixers

abekrivy
02-02-2013, 06:25 PM
I may well be the unluckiest player in the game. I've been buying lots of luck elixirs, but more often than not, they either don't reroll or only reroll once or twice.

Last night was farming elite jarl with a luck elixir & kept getting greens. When it wore off, I got silver & 2 copper chests.

Anyone else having no luck with luck elixirs?

Jcyee
02-02-2013, 06:54 PM
I don't really buy luck elixirs, well elixirs in general in AL. The pinks that you drop aren't generally that great in stats or price. Just farm for chests. But yes, it looks you may have been a little unlucky considering my experience with luck elixirs. Don't be discouraged. Just keep farming

abekrivy
02-02-2013, 06:59 PM
I'm not discouraged. I've still managed to get good gear and squirrel away a good bit of gold. I just didn't know if my experience was normal.

I do wish the elixirs would work when trying to get Malison & Flap Jack, though. Countless runs have amounted to nothing but greens & purples.

SuRfY
02-03-2013, 02:50 AM
I'm not discouraged. I've still managed to get good gear and squirrel away a good bit of gold. I just didn't know if my experience was normal.

I do wish the elixers would work when trying to get Malison & Flap Jack, though. Countless runs have amounted to nothing but greens & purples.

It's not 100% reroll. So same for me..no luck.Try and run with party that only you have the loot reroll elixir. The chances of getting something good is EXCEEDINGLY high. :)

Energizeric
02-03-2013, 03:09 AM
I don't really buy luck elixirs, well elixirs in general in AL. The pinks that you drop aren't generally that great in stats or price. Just farm for chests. But yes, it looks you may have been a little unlucky considering my experience with luck elixirs. Don't be discouraged. Just keep farming

A luck elixir reroll would cause a silver chest to upgrade to a gold chest, and a copper chest to upgrade to a silver chest. ;)

abekrivy
02-03-2013, 09:12 AM
It's not 100% reroll. So same for me..no luck.Try and run with party that only you have the loot reroll elixir. The chances of getting something good is EXCEEDINGLY high. :)

Its not 100% anything, imo. I have better drops without them.

Case in point. Today i got a luck elixir from klaas. I did what you suggested and got nothing. Greens & whites, no reroll, no nothing. Found a map with a couple of others on luck elixers and watched them reroll 2 and 3 times per map. My elixer? Only rerolled once in the 15 minutes and when it did i got a green. The rest of the drops were whites.

I'm beginning to think that 90% of the time it lowers my luck.

SuRfY
02-03-2013, 09:18 AM
Its not 100% anything, imo. I have better drops without them.

Case in point. Today i got a luck elixer from klaas. I did what you suggested and got nothing. Greens & whites, no reroll, no nothing. Found a map with a couple of others on luck elixers and watched them reroll 2 and 3 times per map. My elixer? Only rerolled once in the 15 minutes and when it did i got a green. The rest of the drops were whites.

I'm beginning to think that 90% of the time it lowers my luck.

May i ask what map is that?

PS: I happened to have a loot reroll elixir from Klaas few hours ago..a 60 minute one. I went to solo normal rook nest as usual to try for flap jacks. i used to farm blight and ribbits to sell because they can sell about 24-28k. Their value have dropped so i changed to farming flap jacks..no luck with flap jacks. After the elixer finished, all i got was 2 granite egg, 1 gold chest, 1 silver chest and 1 locked crate...no flap jack.. :(

abekrivy
02-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Shoot, I don't remember. I was doing my dailies. Probably rooks nest, rooks hideout, & yrda forest.

I have been trying for Flap Jack for a long time. Never had him drop. Never.

SuRfY
02-03-2013, 09:24 AM
Shoot, I don't remember. I was doing my dailies. Probably rooks nest, rooks hideout, & yrda forest.

maybe u should try solo. Personally, i think its better.

abekrivy
02-03-2013, 09:29 AM
Wish I could! You know how hard it is to solo when none of your friends are online?

The ability to solo is something I really wish the devs would add to this game.

You know you got more from your 60 minute elixer than I ever have. Last 60 minute I got rerolled twice. Once for a purple & once for a copper chest.

SuRfY
02-03-2013, 09:31 AM
Wish I could! You know how hard it is to solo when none of your friends are online?

The ability to solo is something I really wish the devs would add to this game.

You know you got more from your 60 minute elixer than I ever have. Last 60 minute I got rerolled twice. Once for a purple & once for a copper chest.

Normal maps are quite easy. What class are you? Maybe i can give u some humble pointers to solo more efficiently? :P

abekrivy
02-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Warrior. I used to be able to party invite myself to solo. Can't do that anymore. 90% of the time I'd prefer to solo, including elite maps (with the exception of the Tower).

I've found no way to solo short of joining a party & ditching them. That tends to get me booted, though.

SuRfY
02-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Warrior. I used to be able to party invite myself to solo. Can't do that anymore. 90% of the time I'd prefer to solo, including elite maps (with the exception of the Tower).

I've found no way to solo short of joining a party & ditching them. That tends to get me booted, though.

i can give u a small tip of what i do normally. just go to windmoore and invite any level 1-7. best is have a party of 4. just keep inviting. once u get the 1st person in the party, just go for the map u wanna solo. chances are they are unable to go there because their level is not high enough and map not unlocked yet. after the party members leave 1 by 1 and u are finally alone again. repeat the process.

PS: its a bit unethical but it works. LOL.

abekrivy
02-03-2013, 09:50 AM
LOL, I'm too nice for that! I have found that if I party invite a friend who is already in a party a couple or 3 times I end up solo until i log out & back in. Unfortunately, I only have a few friends & my guild mates rarely play these days.

Maybe I need to accept those random friend requests...

SuRfY
02-03-2013, 10:49 AM
LOL, I'm too nice for that! I have found that if I party invite a friend who is already in a party a couple or 3 times I end up solo until i log out & back in. Unfortunately, I only have a few friends & my guild mates rarely play these days.

Maybe I need to accept those random friend requests...

it works both ways sometimes. sometimes the low levels want to solo but can't find a party. many a times, after i am done solo, i go to the map they are in to help them. the moment i enter, they leave. lol.

abekrivy
02-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Well, I tried doing some elite runs without luck elixirs and got 2 elite silver chests in a row. No big deal right? Except the first one had a lvl 21 Mighty Vorpal Sword of Assault & the second one had a lvl 21 Divine Pendant of Assault (both of which I already had). Made some good coin that day. While off the elixir, I picked up several chests.

The next day, got a luck elixir from Klaas and went back to getting greens as drops & maybe one re-roll. Off the elixir again and I got a few more chests, mostly copper, but still chests. Got the 1 hour "everything" elixer from Klaas today and am halfway through the timer, and it has not re-rolled once. I quit for a while and will see what the other 30 minutes nets me later.

And will a moderator fix the misspelling in the title? I don't know why I thought elixir was spelled that way.

SuRfY
02-05-2013, 02:56 PM
Well, I tried doing some elite runs without luck elixirs and got 2 elite silver chests in a row. No big deal right? Except the first one had a lvl 21 Mighty Vorpal Sword of Assault & the second one had a lvl 21 Divine Pendant of Assault (both of which I already had). Made some good coin that day. While off the elixir, I picked up several chests.

The next day, got a luck elixir from Klaas and went back to getting greens as drops & maybe one re-roll. Off the elixir again and I got a few more chests, mostly copper, but still chests. Got the 1 hour "everything" elixer from Klaas today and am halfway through the timer, and it has not re-rolled once. I quit for a while and will see what the other 30 minutes nets me later.

And will a moderator fix the misspelling in the title? I don't know why I thought elixir was spelled that way.

Seems like you are having some luck already..

Anyway, I usually use the elixirs on maps that would get me eggs. To me, its more practical than getting a chest and getting normal items out of it that i will trash eventually.
No doubt best weapons comes from there but i rarely wanna take chance. lol

abekrivy
02-05-2013, 03:03 PM
I've been farming for eggs. You know how long I've been trying to get Flap Jack? I originally wanted him because he was worth a lot. Now I want him because he has never dropped for me. Same goes for Malison. I've had a ton of Loki, Deary, and Ribbit drops - even a few Granites, but never the Flap Jack or Malison.

I guess what irritates me is that if I get a luck elixir, it is supposed to make me luckier. Instead they seem to make me unlucky & hardly ever re-roll, yet I've been through maps and seen other players that have re-rolled up to 4 times in 1 area. I don't get it.

I do know I will no longer waste platinum on them, though.

SuRfY
02-05-2013, 03:08 PM
I've been farming for eggs. You know how long I've been trying to get Flap Jack? I originally wanted him because he was worth a lot. Now I want him because he has never dropped for me. Same goes for Malison. I've had a ton of Loki, Deary, and Ribbit drops - even a few Granites, but never the Flap Jack or Malison.

I guess what irritates me is that if I get a luck elixir, it is supposed to make me luckier. Instead they seem to make me unlucky & hardly ever re-roll, yet I've been through maps and seen other players that have re-rolled up to 4 times in 1 area. I don't get it.

I do know I will no longer waste platinum on them, though.

You will get it eventually as long as you keep trying (with loot reroll elixirs of course).

Sometimes i have loot reroll elixir and doesnt get anything good and it goes on for days...eventually something good will come out. hehe..IMHO, go solo everytime if you want flap jack and u have a loot reroll elixir on.

abekrivy
02-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Trust me, I've done solo. I've been through rooks nest hundreds of times with elixirs, solo and with a party. No Flap Jack - ever. Same goes for Malison. I'm about to give up. I wouldn't use them anyway, just wanted to sell them.

I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I have better luck running without elixirs than I do running with them.

Eh, never mind. Thanks for listening.

Darthmase
02-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Elixir has never helped Malison drop for me but i have had 3 Malison drop total. Today i saw Malison drop 2 runs in a row and both times to different players with luck reroll. I usually see 2 drop per day.

SuRfY
02-05-2013, 03:21 PM
Trust me, I've done solo. I've been through rooks nest hundreds of times with elixirs, solo and with a party. No Flap Jack - ever. Same goes for Malison. I'm about to give up. I wouldn't use them anyway, just wanted to sell them.

Eh, never mind. Thanks for listening.

No problem. Just go solo everytime in Rook Nest. :P

Cashews
02-05-2013, 04:20 PM
It seems to me that luck elixir is counter productive when jarl farming. It seems like it rerolls frequently and when it does you get a worthless item 99% of the time. It also seems like chest drop rates are reduced in favor of regular items. It doesn't help that loki eggs and watch crates are practically worthless.

lovestriker
03-04-2013, 10:39 PM
I have little luck with elixirs as well! I've been farming for 5 days and all I got was a blights egg and a crate. >.<

Off topic, who drops Malison eggs???