PDA

View Full Version : l16 sorceror Guide

birdmasta
02-03-2013, 12:09 AM
WARNING: This guide is pretty long. Please finish reading it to understand the full concept of playing a sorcerer.
Pros of a Sorceror
-a ton of stuns, slows, and DoT’s which are all extremely useful
-shield move is amazing
-STUN EM TO DEATH
-cheapest class to make a twink
Cons of a Sorceror
-too little amount of health
-no speed jump moves like rogues and warriors (shadow piercer, skyward smash)
-tornado could make up for it but in my build I don’t use tornado
-low armor
My Experience with a Sorceror
As some of you may know, my sorceror’s name is Suspense. He is a level 16 sorceror with a 3-1 kdr in ctf. When I first started sorcerer pvping it was pretty hard, but I got the hang of it and have become able to destroy most rogues even the famous ones such as Lilbless(sometimes but he’s the only one ik of that’s able to defeat me without luck). Even with all the pros ive stated above, it is still very hard to be a good sorcerer, so if you are one of those NON-HARDCORE ppl don’t keep reading… Ive also learned many things about sorcerer. Lifegiver and charging fire are not things for a sorcerer that are a NECESSITY. Uncharged fire still stuns, and lifegiver heals barely anything. Also, most warriors use horn of renew so they can heal u instead with a better healing move, and there are a ton of those full heal packs around the map(corners and middle). Mana also isn’t much of a problem for a sorcerer since we should be running around the map going to each flag area and getting the mana pack.
Gear
All lvl 16 gear
-watch rifle of force or watch rifle of fatality
-more dmg than flamestrike and has a very useful push back proc that can save lives
-Clever Demonologist cap of Fitness(I don’t have it yet but good boost in stats)
-Clever Demonologist robe of Fitness(I don’t have it yet but good boost in stats)
-Divine chain of Brutality
-Ensorcelled Band of Brutality
Stats
-pure int
Skills
The skills used for my sorcerer are very different compared to other sorcerers. This build is for attackers NOT support. I do not use heal which is a skill EVERY sorcerer uses pretty much… Sorcerers need at least 3 attacking skills. Mine are fireball, Lightning, and ice bolt. Lightning is ur main dmg move its like “Aimed Shot” for a sorcerer. I only invested one point in ice bolt, 4/5 points in shield, 4/5 points in lightning, and 4/5 points in fire. One int passive and all the rest in str passive. I don’t use dex passive bcuz it BARELY adds any crit so useless…
Skill Order
Sorcerer (you) vs Dagger Rogue (opponent)
-probably the easiest opponent you’ll get bcuz once u r able to run circles around them (circles should be pretty big so they cant hit u but u can hit them) they wont be able to touch u with ur frequent slows, stuns, and DoT
-Skill Order: Charged fire or light, shield, ice, light or fire (the opposite of what u used in beginning), circle around, spam lightning and ice and regular attack
Sorcerer (you) vs Bow Rogue (opponent)
-These are a bit tougher but still fairly easy. Shield is very important bcuz watchman bow is pretty strong.
-Skill Order: Charged fire, shield, ice, light, circles (they still will be able to hit but in the beginning when he stunned u want to be able to unleash the most dmg u can), spam all skills except fire
Sorcerer (you) vs Sorcerer
-Gun and staff no diff except watch rifle more dmg and push proc, so the fights are basically the same. These battles are a bit tougher if ur opponent knows what hes doing
-charged fire, shield, ice, light, spam all skills try to kite a bit. Don’t do circles since anywhere in that circle is his range. Just like how mages fight in PL when they kite is back away from opponent then NUKE. Ur NUKE is charged fire, ice, light. This should be ur final move.
Sorcerer (you) vs Warrior
-*In Development*
Dustybottoms and Suspense’s Pro Build
Dustybottoms, a pro sorcerer, was talking to me about my guide, and he changed the skills a bit and is one of the top sorcerer of 16’s. He told me his build and I decided to post on forums a build he and I made by combining our builds. At first Dustybottoms was a 2-1 kdr sorcerer but became a 443-63 kdr sorcerer (wow way better than me).
WARNING: This build is to be used for sorcerers with a base health of 1000 without any str passives or u will die easily.
Skills
-3/5 fire
-3/5 lightning (stun and dmg increase one)
-4/5 shield
-2/5 ice bolt (DoT)
-3/5 int passive
Stats
-pure int
Not working for you?
-one way pm me and ill be able to help u. (all pvp characters on my sig)
-Warriors with elite gear and dark watch sword of potency will pretty much destroy u 1v1 bcuz they can heal and survive ur 2 seconds of immortality. You might be able to win if u late shield but its still incredibly hard.
-Sorcerers are “underpowered” to most so it takes a ton of practice to be a good one.(I don’t really feel that they’re “underpowered” just hard to play. They just need a speed jump move like maybe “teleport” or something. Stuns make up for everything for a sorcerer. If u don’t stun, try to ice and lightning him for a while to get some stun moves back up for attacking)

UPDATES
-2/2/13 guide made
-2/3/13 new build made and up :D
-2/5/13 updated skill order(order should be used for both builds)

If this guide helped, please press the thanks button thanks!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Energizeric
02-03-2013, 05:24 AM
Thanks for this information. I'm a L21 Sorcerer and I have a similar setup, except I have heal instead of shield.

I think the only advantage of shield is that you are safe from that one-hit from a rogue. But otherwise, the shield only absorbs 500 points of damage where as my heal gives around 700 health, so overall a well placed heal in the middle of a battle will give me longer life. Also, I think you overestimate the how easy it is to grab those blue mana packs. In my experience usually another sorcerer or a rogue will grab it and then you have to wait for another which can be a long time. If you are in middle of a battle and you run out of mana you are basically dead if you don't have heal. While heal only gives you around a 12% boost in mana, it is enough to use about 3 skills which helps greatly.

I find it interesting that you lead with a charged Lightning. I've never tried this but in my experience charged lightning usually does not stun, while charged fireball almost always stuns. I find my success in a fight usually depends on if I am able to successfully stun the enemy, so if I lead with lightning and it fails to stun, I could be dead before I have a chance to do much more. I also do find that while running away and facing the opposite direction Fireball will still shoot back over my shoulders and hit an enemy if they are within range, so using a charged fireball while running away is usually the best chance to escape if you are being chased. But I will have to try the charged lightning and see how that works.

Overall I think I am more successful than most sorcerers, but not nearly as much as you. I have about a 7-5 k/d ratio. But I still feel that sorcerers are underpowered in that we have had many of our stuns taken away compared to PvE, while other classes have not had much taken away compared to PvE. So in order for a good sorcerer to win a fight, we must fight a perfect fight. We cannot get hit or stunned even once, but we have to hit the enemy many times to win a fight. Maybe at L16 things are easier for sorcerers, but at L21 it seems like we are at a big disadvantage.

Ruejade
02-03-2013, 06:07 AM
^small extra information: powerups (health/mana/speed packs) spawn about 40 seconds after they are taken. As I play a rogue, I sometimes try to "monopolize" the powerups especially the mana packs. Just take the pack and start counting, go out do your business and come back when it is ready to spawn again.

Bless
02-03-2013, 06:50 AM
Yeah orbs are the way to go! Suspense nice guide but I can't really test it out :/

Energizeric
02-03-2013, 08:09 AM
Another issue with not having heal: how do you carry flags? Does shield help protect you from the flag damage?

Bless
02-03-2013, 08:16 AM
Another issue with not having heal: how do you carry flags? Does shield help protect you from the flag damage? susp doesn't normally run flags

Cero
02-03-2013, 09:17 AM
Add: 2secs invulne is also applied to uncharged Arcane Shield.

this skill setup is just like Dingle(endgame sorc) and ive seen how it works.
-stunlock
-2sec invulne helps alot if properly used.
-3attack skills kills fast.
-

Great guide with this you help other Sorc class players to know what Sorc realy can do.

birdmasta
02-03-2013, 12:17 PM
shield is applied to flags. i take flags sometimes but i usually shield run to health pack and then go to base pretty much. buts its boring so i dont do it...

birdmasta
02-03-2013, 01:16 PM
charged lightning has a 25% stun chance but also has a longer stun duration. shield makes up for a stun since ur invincible for 2 seconds. i have tried shield and heal and... shield wins... armor up invincibility rogues really cant do 500 dmg to me while im runnning around them xD also regular attack is abuot 100 dmg each so ireally dont care if i run outta mana. shield is also good escape skill. invibility then reg attack hoping for push proc

birdmasta
02-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Thanks for this information. I'm a L21 Sorcerer and I have a similar setup, except I have heal instead of shield.

I think the only advantage of shield is that you are safe from that one-hit from a rogue. But otherwise, the shield only absorbs 500 points of damage where as my heal gives around 700 health, so overall a well placed heal in the middle of a battle will give me longer life. Also, I think you overestimate the how easy it is to grab those blue mana packs. In my experience usually another sorcerer or a rogue will grab it and then you have to wait for another which can be a long time. If you are in middle of a battle and you run out of mana you are basically dead if you don't have heal. While heal only gives you around a 12% boost in mana, it is enough to use about 3 skills which helps greatly.

I find it interesting that you lead with a charged Lightning. I've never tried this but in my experience charged lightning usually does not stun, while charged fireball almost always stuns. I find my success in a fight usually depends on if I am able to successfully stun the enemy, so if I lead with lightning and it fails to stun, I could be dead before I have a chance to do much more. I also do find that while running away and facing the opposite direction Fireball will still shoot back over my shoulders and hit an enemy if they are within range, so using a charged fireball while running away is usually the best chance to escape if you are being chased. But I will have to try the charged lightning and see how that works.

Overall I think I am more successful than most sorcerers, but not nearly as much as you. I have about a 7-5 k/d ratio. But I still feel that sorcerers are underpowered in that we have had many of our stuns taken away compared to PvE, while other classes have not had much taken away compared to PvE. So in order for a good sorcerer to win a fight, we must fight a perfect fight. We cannot get hit or stunned even once, but we have to hit the enemy many times to win a fight. Maybe at L16 things are easier for sorcerers, but at L21 it seems like we are at a big disadvantage.

shield wont allow u to die... every time i team fight i get out 50% health while getting most of the kills. every time i 1v1 i get out alive with about 50%-100% health left... or dead SOMETIMES but still shield overrules heal bcuz of the extra armor increase.
EDIT: srry for triple post

drgrimmy
02-03-2013, 03:03 PM
Overall great guide and good advice. Never really tried leading with lightening, but I think I
would personally prefer the longer range and more consistent stun of fireball. It has 14 v 12m
range (fire vs light). You have to remember that aimed shot also has 14m range. Thus a good
rogue will always get their aimed shot in before your light. Thus why you need invincibility for
2 sec with your approach. Also any good opponent would just avoid you for two sec after you
put up your shield. With the 14m range of fire, if you are better at timing and judging distance
than your opponent, they will never get in the aimed shot. Plus the more consistent stun gives u
the time to finish them off. Just my 2 cents, although it looks like your build is really successful.
That's what I like about the mage, there has been a lot of strategy needed to make a build that is
competitive, and there are a number of interesting and successful builds :)

@energizeric I think your k/d would be much better at lvl16. Try it out. I briefly did since I had
the extra gear sitting around :)

birdmasta
02-03-2013, 04:31 PM
i feel like light has more range tho

Energizeric
02-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Overall great guide and good advice. Never really tried leading with lightening, but I think I
would personally prefer the longer range and more consistent stun of fireball. It has 14 v 12m
range (fire vs light). You have to remember that aimed shot also has 14m range. Thus a good
rogue will always get their aimed shot in before your light. Thus why you need invincibility for
2 sec with your approach. Also any good opponent would just avoid you for two sec after you
put up your shield. With the 14m range of fire, if you are better at timing and judging distance
than your opponent, they will never get in the aimed shot. Plus the more consistent stun gives u
the time to finish them off. Just my 2 cents, although it looks like your build is really successful.
That's what I like about the mage, there has been a lot of strategy needed to make a build that is
competitive, and there are a number of interesting and successful builds :)

@energizeric I think your k/d would be much better at lvl16. Try it out. I briefly did since I had
the extra gear sitting around :)

I don't really have a huge problem with rogues except that they shouldn't be able to kill me with one hit, especially with an arrow. I sometimes die from one hit from an arrow at range, and I have 1820 health which is more than almost all sorcerers.

My main issue is with warriors. Unless a warrior has really crappy gear, I won't be able to beat him. I have a better chance if we are in the spawn room or in the flag room as it is very spread out and I can run circles around him while spamming my skills. But if he catches me with his windmill, I become stunned and then he can usually keep me stunned long enough to kill me. In a regular hallway, there is nowhere for me to run and it's very easy for him to stun me. And running away from the warrior does not work as a warrior has incredible range and can always catch up to me. They can even jump over walls which is ridiculous.

Put 2 warriors together and they can beat just about any group, even an entire team of 4 or 5 mages/rogues.

birdmasta
02-03-2013, 07:00 PM
I don't really have a huge problem with rogues except that they shouldn't be able to kill me with one hit, especially with an arrow. I sometimes die from one hit from an arrow at range, and I have 1820 health which is more than almost all sorcerers.

My main issue is with warriors. Unless a warrior has really crappy gear, I won't be able to beat him. I have a better chance if we are in the spawn room or in the flag room as it is very spread out and I can run circles around him while spamming my skills. But if he catches me with his windmill, I become stunned and then he can usually keep me stunned long enough to kill me. In a regular hallway, there is nowhere for me to run and it's very easy for him to stun me. And running away from the warrior does not work as a warrior has incredible range and can always catch up to me. They can even jump over walls which is ridiculous.

Put 2 warriors together and they can beat just about any group, even an entire team of 4 or 5 mages/rogues.

for fighting against warriors try the new build i posted :D stun em to death! run around him too never too close. shield negates their aimed shot thats y i use shield bcuz ur invincible for 2 seconds...

Yakiniku
02-03-2013, 08:49 PM
Thought I should chime in here. We encountered each other briefly in a CTF game today. I was playing a mage by the name Nerfbat. :D It was funny seeing you come down the corridor for the first time. I was like "nooooooo not him!" haha.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks very much for the informative guide. I'm still experimenting with variations on your build and skill rotations, but all have been pretty successful TBH. This is a must read for mages who are having issues because I think a lot of the same principles can carry over into the 21 bracket too.

I will say that I'm a believer in shield now. I tried it before in the 21 bracket without much success, but it turns out I just wasn't using it properly and my timing was off.

So yea, it's too bad you had to go a little early. Would've loved to chat with you a bit about skill priorities, rotations and such. Perhaps another time though. I'm flying out to go overseas tomorrow and won't be around much for a while.

Energizeric
02-03-2013, 09:33 PM
Sam said in one of the posts a few days ago that they may explore the idea of adding a special PvP slot for players so they can have separate PvE and PvP builds. That would clearly solve this problem. Because right now I really don't want to give up Frost as it is my best skill for farming kills in PvE. Without Frost I cannot imagine being able to solo the tombs. It really is the most useful tool at controlling the mobs. If they would only make it work in PvP.

STS says they nerfed some of the stuns because they didn't want PvP to become a case of "whoever stuns first wins the fight". But it has become that anyway since a rogue can kill me in one hit. Who needs to stun you when the first hit wins the battle. All they did was nerf sorcerers with that move. Rogues and Warriors still have that power.

birdmasta
02-03-2013, 10:53 PM
means a lot nerfbat but u were pretty good for a new sorcerer thats y i asked for ur lvl bcuz not every mage manages to kill me MULTIPLE times even within a team :D

Thought I should chime in here. We encountered each other briefly in a CTF game today. I was playing a mage by the name Nerfbat. :D It was funny seeing you come down the corridor for the first time. I was like "nooooooo not him!" haha.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks very much for the informative guide. I'm still experimenting with variations on your build and skill rotations, but all have been pretty successful TBH. This is a must read for mages who are having issues because I think a lot of the same principles can carry over into the 21 bracket too.

I will say that I'm a believer in shield now. I tried it before in the 21 bracket without much success, but it turns out I just wasn't using it properly and my timing was off.

So yea, it's too bad you had to go a little early. Would've loved to chat with you a bit about skill priorities, rotations and such. Perhaps another time though. I'm flying out to go overseas tomorrow and won't be around much for a while.

birdmasta
02-03-2013, 10:53 PM
i have frost in my build....

Sam said in one of the posts a few days ago that they may explore the idea of adding a special PvP slot for players so they can have separate PvE and PvP builds. That would clearly solve this problem. Because right now I really don't want to give up Frost as it is my best skill for farming kills in PvE. Without Frost I cannot imagine being able to solo the tombs. It really is the most useful tool at controlling the mobs. If they would only make it work in PvP.

STS says they nerfed some of the stuns because they didn't want PvP to become a case of "whoever stuns first wins the fight". But it has become that anyway since a rogue can kill me in one hit. Who needs to stun you when the first hit wins the battle. All they did was nerf sorcerers with that move. Rogues and Warriors still have that power.

birdmasta
02-03-2013, 10:54 PM
well ive beaten most rogues -.- lilbless, passives, dyvash (hes beaten me more tho) and a lot more... i feel like mages op at 16 pvp xD
EDIT: wow srry for triple post again

Bless
02-04-2013, 02:38 AM
If only I had my tablet. I can't wait for tomorrow man.

Heiki
02-04-2013, 06:47 AM
I find having shield and heal to be the real game changer. Lightning cool down is so fast there really isn't any use to invest in frost. Moreover, you can always charge a canon normal shot for a stun or a chance at pushback.

birdmasta
02-04-2013, 10:52 AM
i believe lightning and frost is both 3 seconds. heal is so bad compared to shield. i dont really have to stun later on if i stun my opponent in beginning and run circles around him when he cant hit me (especially dagger rogues) and then i win...

Bless
02-04-2013, 11:10 AM
run circles around him when he can't hit me (especially dagger rogues) and then i win... nope it's possible.

birdmasta
02-04-2013, 09:20 PM
nope it's possible.
??? who u talking to? me? of course its possible because of frequent slows and llightning and gun for the extra dmg when i run around u. ice just to slow rogues down so they cant catch up and unleash a fury of dagger stabs on a low health mage

Heiki
02-05-2013, 02:05 AM
i feel like mages op at 16 pvp xD

Wait so... is it mages or warriors that are OP? You just started a thread whining about warriors being OP at lvl16 so I'm confused.

Back on topic. You shouldn't think in terms of taking heal OR shield. Taking both allows for more leeway when the proverbial **** hits the fan.

birdmasta
02-05-2013, 02:15 AM
warriors more op lol... only warriors beat warriors no other class can mtach
might also respec a new build to test heal and shield together... not sure tho... we'll see :D

Wait so... is it mages or warriors that are OP? You just started a thread whining about warriors being OP at lvl16 so I'm confused.

Back on topic. You shouldn't think in terms of taking heal OR shield. Taking both allows for more leeway when the proverbial **** hits the fan.

Heiki
02-05-2013, 03:45 AM
The mage heal everyone seems to ditch is actually the most useful of all the classes in PvP.

Yes it heals less than horn of renew from warriors but it heals instantly, which can really turn tables in a group fight. Add to this that it replenishes mana and allows rogues to continue their rampage and it is a necessary skill if you're even remotely interested in teamplay.

Try teaming with a rogue friend and enjoy the carnage. You'll see, warriors won't be an issue anymore.

birdmasta
02-05-2013, 03:52 AM
@Heiki srry im a 1v1 mage mostly i dont play teams that much since its not rele u killing... anyways no shield = insta kill by rogue. rogues output dmg extremely fast. ive tried heal and it fails so bad at 16... even the insta heal... i rele dont even need heal when i usually end my fights with 25%-75% health left

Snalin
02-05-2013, 03:53 AM
I think a good player will shine regardless of which class they use

Give a ninja a toothpick and they'll still kill you xD

birdmasta
02-05-2013, 03:55 AM
@snalin true but sometimes build does matter and strategy (to be good ;) nice warrior btw

Snalin
02-05-2013, 07:46 AM
money guide

gj!!

birdmasta
02-05-2013, 10:43 PM
eh?

money guide

gj!!

Energizeric
02-05-2013, 11:52 PM
I find having shield and heal to be the real game changer. Lightning cool down is so fast there really isn't any use to invest in frost. Moreover, you can always charge a canon normal shot for a stun or a chance at pushback.

Yes, but that is in PvP. In PvE you give up your ability to control crowds if you do not have either Frost or Clock. IMO frost is the single best skill for farming the tombs, hauntlet or any other dungeon with large mobs.

i believe lightning and frost is both 3 seconds. heal is so bad compared to shield. i dont really have to stun later on if i stun my opponent in beginning and run circles around him when he cant hit me (especially dagger rogues) and then i win...

Once again you are talking PvP specifically. Shield in PvE is rather useless, and heal in PvE saves a ton of money that you would otherwise spend on potions.

While I do love PvP, I'm primarily a PvE player who will do PvP sometimes. I guess if we had one build for each that we can switch between, that would solve this problem. However, I would prefer STS made some changes to better balance PvP so that sorcerers could be relevant without needing shield.

Any class should be able to be relevant without needing one single skill in their build. It's very easy to balance this. For example, if heal is not currently useful in PvP, then maybe they need to make it stronger. Likewise for all other skills. Skills should be such that any offensive skill should be able to be substituted and be just as effective. Same goes for defensive skills. If one is much better than the other for PvP, them maybe the lesser one needs to be made stronger. Choosing which skills you want for PvP should not have anything to do with which is more effective, and should have much more to do with your personal preference for playing style. Until we reach that point, STS should continue to fine tune this.

birdmasta
02-06-2013, 12:31 AM
@Energezic i only play pvp... twink... and this is in pvp section so talking pvp-wise

gundamsone
02-06-2013, 05:48 AM
shield was a necessity capping to 21 I remember

If I remember correctly max exp/h was a combo of 2 mages and 2 rogues.
Both mages would lure skeles from both sides and draw to the middle where rogues would bomb and razor em to death.

Anyways offtopic..I think the 2s invulnerability on skills should be lowered down to 1s or 1.5s. It doesn't take long for a l16 mage to deal 1k dmg on a rogue

Cero
02-06-2013, 06:36 AM
hey bird, tried uncharged fireball but it doesnt stun.

so how you do it?

Energizeric
02-06-2013, 01:14 PM
hey bird, tried uncharged fireball but it doesnt stun.

Same here. Also tried lightning charged and it never stuns either, nor does the charged watch rifle attack although sometimes it causes that push back effect, but never a stun. The only skill I've ever managed to get a stun out of is charged fireball.

birdmasta
02-06-2013, 09:03 PM
Yep just found that out lol... lightnig does stun buts it like smash 25% chance if u learn the skill (first lightning->then i think the 4th one allows stun) sometimes i dont even need stun to beat rogue, just charge lightning for extra dmg output. highest dmg with it so far is 1146 :D

Heiki
02-06-2013, 11:45 PM
I was talking exclusively PvP because your thread is about lvl 16 pvp twinks. Shield is a must I agree, it gets worse as you lvl higher but it's still a necessity. I just think about the time when a heal has saved me after shield went down and it allowed me to finish off someone or avoid a death and I feel like its more useful than having frost.

But i'm always happy to try new builds so if anyone can make a good case for frost in PVP i'm all ears.

Energizeric
02-07-2013, 01:13 AM
Frost would be great if it actually worked in PvP. But it doesn't. It just is a plain attack, not a stun at all. I'm hoping they will fix that.

uzidredar
02-07-2013, 03:40 PM
This tips are awesome, thanks a lot. I wish you would go all the way to 21 to test this strategy.
Sadly I burnt too much plat already and I stopped playing altogether since pvp was my only interest and the devs didn't even bothered replying to our observations.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

birdmasta
02-07-2013, 08:51 PM
ya... well... I HATE LVLING... ESPECIALLY sorcerers... making a warrior 21 atm
@Energezic frost better DoT and skill dmg than fire... and slow which is useful for getting health pack and kiting. rele dont care about stun cuz i believe u have to charge it...

This tips are awesome, thanks a lot. I wish you would go all the way to 21 to test this strategy.
Sadly I burnt too much plat already and I stopped playing altogether since pvp was my only interest and the devs didn't even bothered replying to our observations.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Heiki
02-08-2013, 12:10 AM
We're not comparing frost and fireball. Fireball is a must in any build. Frost needs to be charged to slow in PvP. Frost is a better DoT yea. It does what, 20 dmg at your lvl?

I personally think its negligible for anything but boss fights where you can actually stack it or in mobbing maps where you have fireball and timeshift dots running as well.

The way I see it forst is useless for anything but raw damage. And i'd rather use the time i spend charging it to shoot my rifle which hits for about the same value, has a chance to stun and a chance to pushback.

birdmasta
02-08-2013, 12:20 AM
ya 20 also it doesnt need to be charged to slow... time shift cooldown too high... more dmg output with frost.

We're not comparing frost and fireball. Fireball is a must in any build. Frost needs to be charged to slow in PvP. Frost is a better DoT yea. It does what, 20 dmg at your lvl?

I personally think its negligible for anything but boss fights where you can actually stack it or in mobbing maps where you have fireball and timeshift dots running as well.

The way I see it forst is useless for anything but raw damage. And i'd rather use the time i spend charging it to shoot my rifle which hits for about the same value, has a chance to stun and a chance to pushback.

gundamsone
02-08-2013, 02:25 AM
how much additional hp do you get per sp u add into that passive?
i'm thinking of specing my sorcer with 4 str points

my strat...slow and steady wins the race

Heiki
02-08-2013, 03:07 AM
+10 HP per point. You won't be able to stack strength enough to make a difference without sacrificing too much of your killing power.

Best way to survive is to always engage when you have the advantage and chain your stuns as much as possible.

Oh and shield + invul at the right time.

gundamsone
02-08-2013, 04:09 AM
wow thats pretty insignificant

o and thx for the tip although im not the type to panic shield when I see someone

gotta save those best cards for when the time is right:P

birdmasta
02-08-2013, 07:06 AM
invulnerability shield doesnt even need to be charged even tho it says that in description. also my first build had high str just for safety health reasons but no longer felt need since rogues are a bit too easy... (EXCEPT lilapple and decisive best 16 rogues that can own me...)

o and thx for the tip although im not the type to panic shield when I see someone

gotta save those best cards for when the time is right:P

Cero
02-08-2013, 08:38 AM
ive tried fireball-frost-sheild-heal.

frost dmg is ok and the dot is greater than fireball. like 30+ per tick.
the only thing i dislike is with the build it kills so slow. either people KS me or cant KS
rogues also kill me first then i killed them after with frost.

so i switch back to lightning.

Bless
02-08-2013, 10:24 AM
invulnerability shield doesnt even need to be charged even tho it says that in description. also my first build had high str just for safety health reasons but no longer felt need since rogues are a bit too easy... (EXCEPT lilapple and decisive best 16 rogues that can own me...)

gotta save those best cards for when the time is right:P who's lilapple and decisive? I wanna vs em :o

Holla @ me

drgrimmy
02-08-2013, 12:14 PM
how much additional hp do you get per sp u add into that passive?
i'm thinking of specing my sorcer with 4 str points

my strat...slow and steady wins the race

+10 HP per point. You won't be able to stack strength enough to make a difference without sacrificing too much of your killing power.

Best way to survive is to always engage when you have the advantage and chain your stuns as much as possible.

Oh and shield + invul at the right time.

Sorry, not correct. Each point in passive str boosts you str by 5 which boosts your health by 50. In my current build I put two extra skill points in str which increased my health by 100. May seem somewhat insignificant but this 7% or so increase in health may save you from getting one shotted by rogues. You can still do this with having a full int build with 5/5 int passive to max out your damage and mana. Nevertheless, I agree stuns are your best friend.

Energizeric
02-08-2013, 03:41 PM
I have kept my stats full INT, but for PvP I use gear which gives more STR so I have 1800+ STR. I still get one-shoted by rogues sometimes, but often times I only get hit for around 70%, and once a rogue comes at me and fails to kill me, I can quickly stun them, heal myself, and take them down with a few combos. So STR definitely does make a difference. You don't know how may times I've left a fight after killing the other player where I have been down to less than 10% health. If I had 1500-1600 health like many sorcerers I would be dead.

birdmasta
02-08-2013, 10:07 PM
yep i usually get str int gear cuz int dex gear is pretty crappy imo. dex barely boosts anything... like what 0.03 crit??? and 0.03 dodge??? even more insignificant so passive str and int is the way to go

Janini
03-16-2013, 09:58 PM
What is your upgrade for fire?

birdmasta
03-17-2013, 01:24 AM
What is your upgrade for fire?
stun, dot, forgot the last one

Bless
03-17-2013, 07:42 AM
stun, dot, forgot the last one u still play?

Janini
03-18-2013, 08:18 AM
Thanks man! :)

birdmasta
03-18-2013, 09:44 PM
not that much. went on yesterday but none of you guys were on :( but sorc still seems rele hard. i hate that they fixed shield DAMMIT WE WOULDA BEEN SO OP

u still play?