PDA

View Full Version : My Solution to Quit Leaving & Balanced Teams

gundamsone
02-03-2013, 03:58 AM
1. Being RANDOMLY assigned to a team
2. The game shouldn't start until both teams are equally numbered
3. Quit leavers get additional deaths and an "x minutes" penalty from rejoining any new games
4. Include a team chat, for ex. "/t" command
5. Game will end within 1 minute when there is only 1 remaining player on a side

#3. will cause problems so,
1. D/Cers automatically rejoin if they reconnect (already implemented) (can't rejoin if a new player filled up the vacant spot)
2. New players can fill up existing spots
3. For every player that leaves, the team gets a 10% combat buff (no dmg reduction, no speed, no luck) and 15% stats buff (no crit, no dodge)
so when it's 5v2, the remaining 2 players have an additional 30% dmg/def/armor and 45% increase in hp/mana

Implement this and we'll have some real CTF games

Genuinous
02-03-2013, 05:22 AM
Erm how to put it... NO maybe?

I understand you are a bit annoyed at this point otherwise you wouldn't have come up with this. So I'll pretend to take it seriously

1) no no and no. How am I gonna play with my friends? How will I decide who to go with? I quite often end up being in 1v1 parties, where we don't go for flags, just testing each other. How would I do that otherwise?
2) This would mean a lot of waiting, but does make some sense. Already people join in quite quickly when the game starts with 3 players.
3) This is just ridiculous....
4) Yes, we do need a team chat
5) No need for this, that player can decide already if he/she wants to play or not. If they do not want to do 1v5 then they can just leave, while you would force them to stay and fight.

3. No no no. Think about how badly this could be abused? Ppl ending up with huge buffs. So if there is 1 rogue left after everyone in the team quits, will that rogue do 4-5k crit with aimed shot? No thank you...

Rollo
02-03-2013, 05:33 AM
Terrible suggestions. I'm pretty sure all those ideas would drive more people away than anything.
All they need to do is balance classes/lvl and less people would leave.

gundamsone
02-03-2013, 05:44 AM
Erm how to put it... NO maybe?

I understand you are a bit annoyed at this point otherwise you wouldn't have come up with this. So I'll pretend to take it seriously

1) no no and no. How am I gonna play with my friends? How will I decide who to go with? I quite often end up being in 1v1 parties, where we don't go for flags, just testing each other. How would I do that otherwise?
2) This would mean a lot of waiting, but does make some sense. Already people join in quite quickly when the game starts with 3 players.
3) This is just ridiculous....
4) Yes, we do need a team chat
5) No need for this, that player can decide already if he/she wants to play or not. If they do not want to do 1v5 then they can just leave, while you would force them to stay and fight.

3. No no no. Think about how badly this could be abused? Ppl ending up with huge buffs. So if there is 1 rogue left after everyone in the team quits, will that rogue do 4-5k crit with aimed shot? No thank you...

When you say friends you mean 5-0 right at the start of a new game.
And I'd say I have a better chance at winning the lottery when its 2v5. SO WHY NOT GIVE ME MAYBE A SLIGHT CHANCE WITH SOME BUFFS.

Use your head, I might not be entirely right but I think you and your friends are abusing

gundamsone
02-03-2013, 05:45 AM
Terrible suggestions. I'm pretty sure all those ideas would drive more people away than anything.
All they need to do is balance classes/lvl and less people would leave.

If you even have any sort of experience with serious MMOS out there you should know that balancing a game by nerfing/buffing classes is the worst possible solution.
The solution is balancing the game by adjusting it's rules

Genuinous
02-03-2013, 05:56 AM
Me and my friends does mean sometimes 5 of us teaming up and it does mean 10 of us playing together. You could just get your friends or guildies or whatever and play with them. And yes you will end up in bad teams and outnumbered, but this is why leaving helps. :)

Chickenrunnn
02-03-2013, 06:00 AM
Team chat is already being existing.....

/team [message]..

LoL at the 3rd proposition.. What if the guy lags and gets disconnected during a fight? and don't you think it would be farmed and exploited to reach leaderboards? people will have 1billion deaths? xD

Just make it as in PL.. if u leave during a fight -> 1 death. nothing more..

Cero
02-03-2013, 06:40 AM
teaming up with friends could see as abusing/bullying other players? maybe. it depends on how you look at it.

me and my guildmates/friends group together to play and practice teamplay. for in the near future there is a huge chance that someone will host a ctf tournament and we will participate with our team.

and i disagree with the suggestion.

gundamsone
02-03-2013, 06:42 AM
Team chat is already being existing.....

/team [message]..

LoL at the 3rd proposition.. What if the guy lags and gets disconnected during a fight? and don't you think it would be farmed and exploited to reach leaderboards? people will have 1billion deaths? xD

Just make it as in PL.. if u leave during a fight -> 1 death. nothing more..

maybe play al first before you comment

AL does NOT have a deaths LB and yes #3 is a bit too much maybe 5 deaths and not 100 but you should get my point

edit: also d/cing shouldn't be counted towards quit leaving. the system should easily be able to determine if someone d/c'd from a game or if they left into town or to another map

gundamsone
02-03-2013, 06:43 AM
teaming up with friends could see as abusing/bullying other players? maybe. it depends on how you look at it.

me and my guildmates/friends group together to play and practice teamplay. for in the near future there is a huge chance that someone will host a ctf tournament and we will participate with our team.

You can look at it both ways. To newbie players they probally might just quit pvp for good when 5 guildmates are destroying them and not even giving them a chance.

Also why dont your friends and guildmates pratice teamplay on each other, 2v2 or 2v3 or 3v3 etc in a public match? why must you all go over to 1 side and "practice" on "randoms"
(just noticed your sig and ur in game name...so i'm one of your victims that you and your m8s pratice on huh...idm but drop the bm if you wanna 5v1 me)

My suggestions are 100% my opinion so I don't expect people to agree with them however I fully respect yours as well so I won't argue further

Cero
02-03-2013, 06:52 AM

You can look at it both ways. To newbie players they probally might just quit pvp for good when 5 guildmates are destroying them and not even giving them a chance.

It's only my opinion and I fully respect yours

thanks and i understand. i do feel like its an overkill coz most of the time after the 1st "wave" 1-3 player(s) quit and not making progress. then ending up the room as 1vs1.

gundamsone
02-03-2013, 07:02 AM
Players who want a healthy KDR to show off contribute to 99% of this problem so theres no one to blame really

No one likes dying and i'm one of them but i'm also the 1% who chooses to go over to the lonely side >.<

Rollo
02-03-2013, 12:05 PM
LOL what!!!! Are you kidding me?? All but the cheapest mmos do regular class balance, because its very hard to nail down. That said, most F2p mmos don't, simply because they can't afford too.

Yoho
02-03-2013, 12:25 PM
Probable solution: different mods of the game - arranged teams (teaming up), and random team games. Well-coordinated team that has huge experience playing together shouldn't be able to play against 'randoms'. A lot of games have such option, bcs randoms can't stand a chance.

really
02-03-2013, 01:29 PM
At no specific individual.
1. We will always sit out when mismatched.
2. Institute brackets - 1-5, 6-10, etc.
3. Why should a low level hang around in the current system and be slaughtered by guys 4 levels higher (or more)? Punish them for leaving a lousy situation due to poor bracketing? Really?

D-:
02-03-2013, 02:28 PM
Sometimes when I sneeze I try to keep my eyes open even though its impossible.

Genuinous
02-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Sometimes when I sneeze I try to keep my eyes open even though its impossible.

This made more sense than most of the OP :D

Testi
02-03-2013, 04:01 PM
Instead of adding deaths for quitting in the middle of battle, why not remove kills? Boy that would shakeup the leaderboards within 2 days.

Deadbite
02-03-2013, 04:04 PM
I love new players to STS games! Makes me laugh! D

gundamsone
02-03-2013, 04:47 PM
I love new players to STS games! Makes me laugh! D

You make me laugh if you think i'm "new" to legends games or pvp in general

gundamsone
02-03-2013, 04:57 PM
Instead of adding deaths for quitting in the middle of battle, why not remove kills? Boy that would shakeup the leaderboards within 2 days.

They could do it that way but the LB won't be changing much since most of the people up there got skills to back up their massive kills.

Come on people is their really no solution to this? except for priv locked games (which will ultimately mess up the leaderboards)

gundamsone
02-05-2013, 12:58 AM
del

gundamsone
02-05-2013, 01:12 AM
i smell a rat

D-:
02-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Omg where?