PDA

View Full Version : LEVELING Build

shenanagins
09-25-2010, 07:55 PM
So I was just wondering what spec did ou guys level with.

I am 19 and I recently switched to a pally build and I feel I am very squishy

Is there a certain level that I should wait untill before becoming a pally (like say when i get BOV BOM)?

Thanks guys

Royce
09-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Paladin is a rough road, really til you hit level 40. It's doable though, but even when you start feeling less squishy, you will still spend a fortune on health and mana pots. Int mage is the cheapest way to level since the ranged weapon and heal means few health pots, and the little bit of mana regen from Int along with better low level regen gear available means you will use fewer mana pots too. However, I always tell people play what you enjoy. For a pally, you will never be a real tank, enchantresses just don't have the stats or skills for it. However, you can stand up in melee for a while if you max BOV (which you will learn soon), max weakness, use mana shield when needed (you will also learn that soon), and heal a lot.

Raxie
09-25-2010, 08:27 PM
leveling a paladin from scratch can certainly take on a toll on your money because you have to drink so many pots.
however, if you really enjoy it, you can. at level 45, paladins are very good, especially with thoth gear.

Arterra
09-25-2010, 10:29 PM
I leveled a up with a dexmage and then switched to pure at 45. Then went pally. Pally ftw so far.
I found dexmage easy enough, gives a little more armor and power.

Inching
09-26-2010, 10:39 PM
level up with pure mage... till lvl 40 like what Royce said, then switch to pally if you want. This is the quickest route.

Xviperr
09-28-2010, 09:31 AM
how about going into level 30 and using iceberg items (: having like 6h/s regen per iceberg item is madness(:
imagine using, iceberg plate + iceberg 1H sword + iceberg shield a godly 18H/s regen on items alone, and with ur stats, u will probably have like 21H/s if ur having 116str(if i never rmb wrongly) and when u reach lvl35 change into a mamboza plate armor, it be has 5m/s, so u will drop 6h/s
and u will have like 15h/s(with equip and str stats) 6-7m/s (with equip and int stats). very much a L45 isis and thoth setup.

as im using, mynas helm isis, zuraz shock lance, mynas plate isis, pharaoh shield thoth. 15Hs 6ms (base stats 142str 87dex, mine is a bear btw)

ER please dont flame me..
but seems like there isnt a MAMBOZA plate armor ):

Royce
09-28-2010, 10:18 AM
H/s is absolutely worthless for a mage. If you take a hit you must heal immediately or risk instant crit death. Slow acting regen never even plays into the picture. Basically the heal spell gives you more than 25 H/s, and mages really just need mana regen. At 45 Isis is nice, but more for the dodge and armor bonuses. Iceberg is fine if you have no other option, but an Int mage in Brain Freeze is much better off.

shenanagins
09-28-2010, 09:30 PM
thanks guy for the timely feedback! Now I am 26 and I got my first pink, it was meh. Right now, it seems to me, that the 2 pieces of gear I should be equiping as an int mage are either +crit gear or +m/s gear. I am leveling dex with my int. This gives me less regen, but I get to hit cap quicker and will have more crit. Does this make sense? Thanks.

Inching
09-29-2010, 01:12 AM
forget crit gear at ur current level.. just M/s should be ur focus.... unless u never solo, pure M/s is ur best bet at lvl 26....

Xviperr
09-29-2010, 04:13 AM
I believe what everyone is advising u is, SPAM spells(: eg, ice+fire for a hot flash? Combo, but perhaps doing nightmare or weakness first then combo, as it lowers the mob def and also their dodge rate of ur killer combo(:

Add my bird or enchantress ingame (see my siggy) and we might just be levelling together(:

shenanagins
09-29-2010, 12:14 PM
1 more question, should I buy the Lost Expedition or just the Elite Map pack for lvl 30? THanks

Royce
09-29-2010, 12:34 PM
1 more question, should I buy the Lost Expedition or just the Elite Map pack for lvl 30? THanks

I love Frozen Nightmare, but it is difficult, and there are many games full of 45s who don't want 30s in their party unless they are friends. Also, I wouldn't recommend FN for players under 28 or so at least (that's when you can start using the decent FN greens). I would really recommend both, but until there's a larger population of leveling players in FN, I think you'd probably be better of with LE if you can only get one.

Xviperr
09-29-2010, 12:42 PM
my suggestion, get the LE(Lost Expedition)pack for now. it will hit u up till 3X(arent sure 30 what is the cap on that map) then get into AO1 maps couple of lvl30ish there often.

even with a full team of 45, we had couple of death at FN(Frozen Nightmare) maps.

Royce
09-29-2010, 12:55 PM
my suggestion, get the LE(Lost Expedition)pack for now. it will hit u up till 3X(arent sure 30 what is the cap on that map) then get into AO1 maps couple of lvl30ish there often.

even with a full team of 45, we had couple of death at FN(Frozen Nightmare) maps.

LE can get you to 33. After that, I would recommend the Swamps (to 38). AO1 is boring and has crappy gear. I recommend all the campaigns, but if there was ever one to skip it would be AO1 (okay and Skeller).

As for FN, the problem is that since the swamp cap days ended, new players haven't had to learn how to actually play this game as a team. I have beaten the entire Frozen Nightmare campaign with a whole team of 30s several times. It just takes teamwork and careful play, and it's also the most fun to be had in PvE in this game.

Xviperr
09-29-2010, 01:01 PM
Skeller Map - my most loves for some 300g money on the purples to Htiek HAHAS
AO2 Plasma - my love for some crapy drops which sells for 1000g to Htiek again.

man i just love Htiek for changing my liquidate items into more gold HAHAS

Royce
09-29-2010, 01:08 PM
Skeller Map - my most loves for some 300g money on the purples to Htiek HAHAS
AO2 Plasma - my love for some crapy drops which sells for 1000g to Htiek again.

man i just love Htiek for changing my liquidate items into more gold HAHAS

What the heck does he do with Skeller purps? They are more common than many oranges, and completely worthless. People would laugh at you if you tried to give them away. I really wonder what his scheme could be...

Xviperr
10-01-2010, 08:25 AM
What the heck does he do with Skeller purps? They are more common than many oranges, and completely worthless. People would laugh at you if you tried to give them away. I really wonder what his scheme could be...

HAHAS, IDK, but at least selling him at 275-300g each is about 2x better then liquidating the items(:
just a little advice to get slightly more gold for ur efforts to run-