PDA

View Full Version : Loss of XP when arriving in Kraag

Anuvastar
02-03-2013, 10:05 AM
Ok, I run Watchers Tombs 4 with random players. From 800/1600 to 1432/1600. I want to take a break, so I go to Kraag. Once arrived there, my experience gained disappeared and i'm back from 1432/1600 to 800/1600. Ok, it's not a big deal, i'm just like, confused? Did I miss something?

EDIT: It is a big deal, since I bought a 35 platinum elixir, and it's like, what, 10 minutes of it wasted?

Vystirch
02-03-2013, 10:07 AM
I've had this happen before. It's a sad thing :(

LwMark
02-03-2013, 10:49 AM
Yes has happened plenty of times to me, devs didnt even respond, i notice happens when u lag out, it hPpen to u? An yes, makes me mD cause it waste exiers an plat, 10mins worth of elexier

Justg
02-03-2013, 11:06 AM
We've never seen this happen, can you guys give us more detail on it? Did the XP tic back down or go down suddenly? Would love to find a reproducible case here, thanks!

SuRfY
02-03-2013, 11:12 AM
We've never seen this happen, can you guys give us more detail on it? Did the XP tic back down or go down suddenly? Would love to find a reproducible case here, thanks!

Just finish killing all the monsters but don't exit through the door that ends the timer. Either teleport back to town,log out or disconnected. High chances of it happening. The experience you have before you start killing will be the same as after you kill everything and teleport back to town,log out or disconnected. Something like that.

As a matter of fact, this happened to me before, during the level 16 cap before L21 max level cap came out.

Lalarie
02-03-2013, 11:19 AM
Just finish killing all the monsters but don't exit through the door that ends the timer. Either teleport back to town,log out or disconnected. High chances of it happening. The experience you have before you start killing will be the same as after you kill everything and teleport back to town,log out or disconnected. Something like that.

As a matter of fact, this happened to me before, during the level 16 cap before L21 max level cap came out.

Yep, and he xp disappears all of a sudden. Like after the loading screen that appears when your going to a town, the xp that you earned is just gone. If you dc long enough the xp is gone too.

BodMaster
02-03-2013, 11:25 AM
It's a known bug and being looked into I thought G? A few threads explaining this.

After you want to take a break you need to finish the timer and enter the lobby walk into the town stay and stay for a long period before either logging off, etc. The worst is when you get DC'd and you lose all the XP gained.

Don't teleport to a town or will most likely lose all xp gained. If you lvl in the time you lose the extra XP gained after levelling but not the new level itself.

Anuvastar
02-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Exactly like Surfy said. The biggest part is my 35 platinum elixir 10+ minutes wasted. And it just happened again. Few minutes more wasted. Oh well. (:

Vystirch
02-03-2013, 11:27 AM

Exactly, the xp you earned only from only that run disappears immediately. It happens if you teleport out of the dungeon, get a ping spike and dc before you leave the dungeon via the manual entrance. Its like all the xp you earned that dungeon isnt saved to your toon unless you manually leave the dungeon. I have seen this mainly in the Watcher Tombs.

Prototypedwar
02-03-2013, 11:31 AM
Has happened to me before aswell

SuRfY
02-03-2013, 11:34 AM
I managed to dig out past threads when other players posted it. There should be more but here is what i have at the moment. Do note the date of the threads.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?75742-Wow-really
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?81086-No-xp-again-wth!

One of it is by LwMark. LOL.

Didn't post what i experienced that time because there are already a lot of these threads churning out.

Anuvastar
02-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Oh come on.. it just did it again. Maybe it's Chrome?

SuRfY
02-03-2013, 11:40 AM

It happened to me once on IOS and a few times on Chrome.

BodMaster
02-03-2013, 11:49 AM

Are you completing the whole map, killing boss/crossing line and walking into a town? Or just teleporting? As it happens a lot if not.

Anuvastar
02-03-2013, 11:53 AM
Are you completing the whole map, killing boss/crossing line and walking into a town? Or just teleporting? As it happens a lot if not.

I run Watchers Tombs 4, so I do the whole map (the round), then I arrive at en entrance again (not killing boss) and from there I go into the door then come again.

Vystirch
02-03-2013, 11:53 AM

I have it happen on my iPad 3

I have it happen when i complete the whole w4 dungeon excluding the boss and then either teleport out or dc without manually leaving the dungeon.

BodMaster
02-03-2013, 12:05 PM
I run Watchers Tombs 4, so I do the whole map (the round), then I arrive at en entrance again (not killing boss) and from there I go into the door then come again.

There's your problem, continue doing that "speed runs" and expect to lose a lot more. Unfortunately you have to kill boss and cross line at top to make sure you do not lose the XP then before logging off you need to "walk" to town not teleport.

A right pain, reason I stopped levelling my Mage to 21.

Anuvastar
02-03-2013, 12:06 PM
There's your problem, continue doing that "speed runs" and expect to lose a lot more. Unfortunately you have to kill boss and cross line at top to make sure you do not lose the XP then before logging off you need to "walk" to town not teleport.

A right pain, reason I stopped levelling my Mage to 21.

Darn son..

BodMaster
02-03-2013, 12:07 PM
I have it happen when i complete the whole w4 dungeon excluding the boss and then either teleport out or dc without manually leaving the dungeon.

Same, trying to explain how to avoid the issue. (Most just carry on and prefer fast runs than securing the XP so all's good :p)

Anuvastar
02-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Ok, made Anuvastar, and it seems to work fine on it.

LwMark
02-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Happend to me during 16 and 21 cap, i would run the whol map or part of it an vet a lag spike an reconnect and boom loss the xp from that room. Idk bout leavin towns but disconnects always lose xp, ive lost alot of plat doin this, maybe 20-30

SuRfY
02-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Happend to me during 16 and 21 cap, i would run the whol map or part of it an vet a lag spike an reconnect and boom loss the xp from that room. Idk bout leavin towns but disconnects always lose xp, ive lost alot of plat doin this, maybe 20-30

one of your thread is in post #11...:)

BoomBox
02-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Ive never noticed I wonder how many times this happened to me lol

LwMark
02-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Ive never noticed I wonder how many times this happened to me lol

Bad part is if ur usin elexier and u dont notice its a waste, an im pretty surr theres no way to a tually know how much u lost on to get some sort of return u kno, blahhhh

BoomBox
02-03-2013, 04:05 PM
Ya that sucks, I guess ill be checking from now on lol

Jcyee
02-03-2013, 05:57 PM
This happened to me once or twice before. I was doing runs in WT4 I think and got dc. When I came back I had less xp. Not a significant drop but there was less.

fatcharlie
02-04-2013, 12:00 AM
Sad to hear this happen, fortunately for me, it didnt happened or I just didnt noticed. Im using chrome btw.

Chaim Nail
02-10-2013, 03:47 AM
Just happened to me, I was nearly at 15000 when I lost connection and now I'm back down to 14002. This sucks, why can't the server keep track of XP properly?

LwMark
02-10-2013, 04:10 AM
Just happened to me, I was nearly at 15000 when I lost connection and now I'm back down to 14002. This sucks, why can't the server keep track of XP properly?

Ikr sucks :/ especiallybif u usin elexiers, it wastes it

McBain
02-10-2013, 04:39 AM
It seems to me that STS should be able to track this activity. I'd try emailing to see if you can get that lost xp back, or at the very least a refund on your elixirs (if they were plat purchased, that is). Glad I saw this thread, because I didn't know this could happen. I'm definitely checking my xp constantly now.

Chaim Nail
02-10-2013, 05:24 AM
I haven't lost any elixirs but it is quite disheartening to have spent time doing lots of solo runs in WT4 to build up XP to get to level 21 and discover you lost so much so close to the level up.