PDA

View Full Version : Allow kills with locked xp.

Xyzther
02-03-2013, 02:49 PM
If you lock your xp you should still be able to get kills imo :( why can't it be like before?

Spyce
02-03-2013, 03:04 PM
If you lock your xp you should still be able to get kills imo :( why can't it be like before?

Everyone would be farming kills and it would be madness.

Spyce
02-03-2013, 03:06 PM

MightyMicah
02-03-2013, 03:45 PM

Yeah because no one is farming kills with elixirs and there's no madness right now...

AvidLegend
02-03-2013, 10:03 PM

Yea I would be farming kills like crazy. Saw someone in game with 160k pve kills and I was jelly. My new goal...

Yich
02-03-2013, 11:24 PM
It'd be another reason for me to play on so many of my toons... This really should be re implemented.

Jhawkeye
02-13-2013, 11:40 AM
I agree nd its funny because deaths do count so its only fair that kills count too..

Griffinfan
02-13-2013, 11:45 AM
+1.

Rawrimafish
02-13-2013, 11:52 AM
you would see more lvl 10 with about 10k kills :P

Roberto077
02-13-2013, 01:49 PM
The guild <Level One> would be active again if this happened! :D

Lady_Pebbles
02-13-2013, 02:03 PM
I agree nd its funny because deaths do count so its only fair that kills count too..
Exactly why I agree as well.

Pandamoni
02-13-2013, 02:06 PM

Another one in agreement! If deaths count, kills should count!

Roberto077
02-13-2013, 05:17 PM
Everyone thank this post so we have more than a .01% chance of getting what we want!

Roberto077
02-15-2013, 12:08 PM
woooo .02%

Chickenrunnn
02-15-2013, 12:31 PM
If they do that, then I won't receive "HAXOR!!!!" pms on my bear anymore :(

Roberto077
02-15-2013, 02:42 PM
If they do that, then I won't receive "HAXOR!!!!" pms on my bear anymore :(

Get more kills than Parak and you'll get the "HAXOR!" title again :)

cookiez
02-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Everyone thank this post so we have more than a .01% chance of getting what we want!

Lol so true

Jig
02-15-2013, 10:33 PM
Haha i remember when I had a L10 with 15k pve kills 0 deaths.. Good times back then.. Not as fun anymore :/

Extreme
02-15-2013, 11:14 PM
get more kills than parak and you'll get the "haxor!" title again :)

agree

Roberto077
02-27-2013, 08:26 AM
We must raise the chances to .03%

MightyMicah
02-28-2013, 09:13 PM
Haha i remember when I had a L10 with 15k pve kills 0 deaths.. Good times back then.. Not as fun anymore :/

I remember when I had just hit the archer ratio leaderboard with 29.7k kills...I was so pumped! It took me two months to do that. Less than a week later it was removed. It was removed because it was "unfair" and "took no skill." Those arguments are invalid now. I've seen someone level to 51 and amass 30k kills in a few hours.

It really should be added back. Maybe we should all pm the devs?

Roberto077
03-01-2013, 10:10 AM
I remember when I had just hit the archer ratio leaderboard with 29.7k kills...I was so pumped! It took me two months to do that. Less than a week later it was removed. It was removed because it was "unfair" and "took no skill." Those arguments are invalid now. I've seen someone level to 51 and amass 30k kills in a few hours.

That's why we're bumping this thread to high hell

cookiez
03-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Lol Nooooooo! Then my lvl 15 with 2k kills will be lame

Jespo
03-01-2013, 12:51 PM

ikr like, buying an elix with $$$ and running through dungeons like leroooooooyyyyy jennnnkiiiiiiinnnnnssssssssssss IS 'fair' and TAKEs 'skillz'

MightyMicah
03-01-2013, 02:17 PM
That's why we're bumping this thread to high hell

Oh yes. This thread will live and grow! If xp locked kills came back, I think I'd delete all my characters and play just one and get dang high pvp and pve kills lol

Samhayne
03-01-2013, 02:22 PM
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Probably not going to change.

JaytB
03-01-2013, 02:26 PM

Maybe deaths could be disabled too then? Wouldn't this promote higher levels to help lower levels more, without them being afraid of getting a bunch of deaths but no kills?

Everyone'sFavMage
03-03-2013, 03:42 AM
It's so lame, now if u want to be on the pve leader boards all you need to do is be rich in real life. Blow tons of money on plat and bam "the holier then thou spot on the coveted leaderboards is now yours". Funny how people can buy fame now huh?

TEOKILLO
03-03-2013, 03:43 AM
Well technically u also need to put time in so not totally bought

Jig
03-03-2013, 04:29 AM

Nice I remember this snowman bear forgot his name he was on with this L10 snowman staff had like 35k kills 0 deaths was so cool and your exactly right it one hour you could just farm 30k kills up to L50-55 so easily now it'd take like 60-80k from 1 to 75 that can take like 2-3 days for thrashers. Now THAT is unfair for us players that cant afford as much plat like that. And saying its unfair when people that farmed kills at low lvl it actually took how hard work and time to not die and get a lot of kills i could only get 10k in a month with my 10 mage I was stoked but now its just.. Even more unfair :-(

MightyMicah
03-04-2013, 07:38 AM

I think you're lying. Allowing xp locked kills again will upset no one. It will also encourage more pve and leaderboard competition which means more elixirs and more money for you guys.

I'd submit to you, saved (somewhat) if you do, still screwed if you don't.

Xyzther
06-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Hey guys, I know this is HUGE necro, but I still think this is a GREAT idea and with no new cap after 8 months the game is starting to get boring... With allowing kills with locked xp, there would be a lot of players returning to the game which = more money for sts! All you have to do is push a button and BAM! You can get kills with locked xp.

Chickenrunnn
06-18-2013, 11:33 AM
Lol.. They will never change their minds about that.

Personally, I wouldn't like it to become true back, because people won't call my lvl10 bears with 10k kills haxor anymoar :(

Jig
06-18-2013, 07:25 PM
Lol.. They will never change their minds about that.

Personally, I wouldn't like it to become true back, because people won't call my lvl10 bears with 10k kills haxor anymoar :(

Not the point doesnt matter if your bears are haxors we out vote you to get it back cmon!

I still support this!

Extreme
06-19-2013, 03:55 AM
Come On Runnnnnnn, I want those Kills too..

Jig
06-19-2013, 04:46 AM
We need to protest this!

Whirlzap
06-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Simply because of the question of fairness.
It should take relative difficulty in killing monsters to obtain a PvE kill.
Back then, there was such an influx of PvE KDR ratio low levels that the whole KDR ratio leaderboard was essentially dominated by them.
No high level stood a chance because a) DEX bear with Snowball Launcher killed Zombies in two hits, b) Sewers was a slaughterhouse and c) you just can't kill any sewer mob in a few hits without elixirs.
Sure, there were players who had high PvE kills, such as Onebadazz's Archer but along with that, they would have a lot of PvE deaths as well.

But let's scroll back in time a bit.
In an era before PL Guilds were implemented, PvE twink KDR farming was quite normal.
It was so famous (and fun) that players made a forum/fansite guild called "Immortals", where if you got even one death, you would have to remake a character to join the guild.
Twink farming became harder after Meathead's Deli was taken out along with the new Forest Haven revamp (Deli was full of zombies to kill).
It became literally impossible with the "if you disable XP, you cannot gain anymore kills".
Players such as ODIN who I last saw at the level 71 Cap during Humania have to stay under 3x combo constantly to avoid gaining a death.

Despite the initial anger and confusion, I believe it was a plausible and reasonable solution on STS's part to disable kills with locked XP.
And as Samhayne says, our community has become much more inflexible and unwilling to compromise than before that if anything is done or not done, there will be massive complaints in both ways.
Maybe that's why they've decided to resort to newer games with less rebellious communities (such as AL).

Chickenrunnn
06-19-2013, 12:19 PM

See. xD

MightyMicah
06-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Double standards to high heaven...

So people can thrash and buy xp anywhere elixirs stacking up thousands upon thousands of kills in somewhere like mega maze on their top level/gear toon completely wrecking the KDR leaderboard with their 10k kills an hour. However, low level toons can't farm somewhere like forest haven which stacks maybe 1k kills an hour because it's unfair.

In the end, we find ourselves summing up the situation with the same conclusion as the fans of the TV show Lost did:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=veN5V4-MP0c

WhoIsThis
06-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Simply because of the question of fairness.
It should take relative difficulty in killing monsters to obtain a PvE kill.
Back then, there was such an influx of PvE KDR ratio low levels that the whole KDR ratio leaderboard was essentially dominated by them.
No high level stood a chance because a) DEX bear with Snowball Launcher killed Zombies in two hits, b) Sewers was a slaughterhouse and c) you just can't kill any sewer mob in a few hits without elixirs.
Sure, there were players who had high PvE kills, such as Onebadazz's Archer but along with that, they would have a lot of PvE deaths as well.

Yep - this is why this was done in the first place.

I for one, oppose this.

Mennddoza
07-16-2013, 10:43 PM
I have a Level 15 with 29k kills. lol Add it: Tucanking

Howulikeurturkeyroasted?
07-17-2013, 12:45 PM
omg that would be awesome becuase then u could just kill farm in forest haven for dayz