PDA

View Full Version : All about CTF

spiderpig
02-03-2013, 06:25 PM
I like capture the flag because it needs strategy and its very thrilling especially in close games. But CTF in AL is different. Theres no point in trying to win since only the person who carries the flag gets the recognition (LB). There is no compensation whatsoever so teamwork doesnt really count. Theres no fun in playing it at all except to kill and get killed and forget about the real goal,the flag.(happens a lot for randoms). I dont know what you call it but this games reminds me of counterstrike and all first person shooting games since the top agenda for most players is to get a lot of kills.Why not remove the flag and just win by reaching a specified amount of kills by a team if you wont give any compensation to other members .

D-:
02-03-2013, 06:27 PM
NO.

Energizeric
02-03-2013, 06:48 PM
As I mentioned in another thread, they should give a won-loss record for CTF. That would encourage team work.

Yoho
02-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Everyone in random team has his own goal - someone goes for flags, others go for kill, some people just play for fun - we get nothing in the end anyway (if you don't care stats/leaderboards/achievement). So deathmatch/free for all maps without flag would be better for random teams, everyone would have one goal - to kill as much as possible and stay alive.

Rollo
02-04-2013, 05:46 PM
There needs to be decent rewards for pvp. Titles aren't very interesting IMO. If they instituted a point system, one where "winning" i.e. capping all 5 flags would grant more points than losing, we would see better games. These points could be spent on rewards, whatever they may be. As of right now, the only point of CTF as it stands is getting onto the leaderboard, or farming achievements.

Matutd
02-04-2013, 05:48 PM
There needs to be decent rewards for pvp. Titles aren't very interesting IMO. If they instituted a point system, one where "winning" i.e. capping all 5 flags would grant more points than losing, we would see better games. These points could be spent on rewards, whatever they may be. As of right now, the only point of CTF as it stands is getting onto the leaderboard, or farming achievements.
Yeah, order and chaos has a nice reward system for PvP if you've played it, a little something like that would be awesome