PDA

View Full Version : How do you kill elite bosses fast/how to increase your attack or dps

Alhuntrazeck
02-03-2013, 08:52 PM
I've heard of people killing Jarl in 50 seconds. I take 5 minutes with a party. How do you really increase your attack? I never seem to be as strong as other lvl 20s. Please help!

CosmoxKramer
02-03-2013, 09:12 PM
what is your Damage and DPS as a Sorcerer? What skills are you using? What pet are you using? obviously if it takes 5 minutes, then it's not just you but the other 3 people in the group, but you can only help yourself.

Jcyee
02-03-2013, 11:19 PM
5 minutes means your party is just terrible. A long Elite Jarl run should be around 2-2.5 minutes. Fast runs usually consist of maybe 1 or no bears/sorcerers and the rest are rogues.

Thegrimreaper
02-03-2013, 11:45 PM
best team is 3 rogues and one sorcerer and just 4 rogues.....i can solo jarl in 32 sec as a rogue (yes elite) its all about dps and crit when running against bosses

fatcharlie
02-03-2013, 11:48 PM
Rogue is the secret weapon for the fast kill. Not just any rogue, a rogue who knows how to increase crit and deliver a deadly blow.

csyui
02-03-2013, 11:55 PM
One way to help u kill boss fast is to use full attack skill build and dont charge ur skill when attacking.
Say u r a mage, you can use fireball, gale, time shift, lighting as ur 4 skills, and spam them as quickly as u can.

elbowroom
02-04-2013, 01:02 AM
lol, i refuse to believe it takes you 5 mins per jarl run with a party.

i have only ever run it with randoms and rarely have a time over 2 mins. avg about 1:25, maybe.

imo, link up with some rogues and just restore their mana.

Alhuntrazeck
02-04-2013, 04:56 AM
rogues....i usually party with other mages and a tank. Thanks, I'll ask my rogue friends next time.

KillaSkillz
02-04-2013, 06:08 AM
I can do it in a pug will all warriors at right around 2 mins at the worst.

Energizeric
02-04-2013, 05:53 PM
As was said above, fast kills of elite bosses usually come from good rogues. But as a sorcerer, you can do the following to increase your damage:

1) Get yourself a watch rifle of force. They are only around 2-3k in the CS right now, very underpriced but have the highest damage.

2) The best sorcerer gear is that which gives some STR and some more INT, but no dex. So for your helm, body armor, ring and amulet, make sure you get gear that has stats like 13 STR, 25 INT, or something similar. If it's got DEX, you don't want it.

3) For the ring and amulet, get the ones that have 13 STR, 25 INT and 3.0 DMG, or something similar. Again, no DEX. If you find you are dying a lot, you can switch it and get the ones that have 13 INT, 25 STR and 3.0 DMG, and this will give you more health points. But again, no DEX. DEX is a waste and not useful for mages.

4) Make sure you spec your sorcerer for full INT -- all your stat points go to INT.

5) Make sure to get the Lightning Strike skill and do the upgrade which grants 250% critical hit.

6) Use ribbit pet, and just before you are about to attack with lightning strike, use his arcane ability which will boost your crit to 50%.

If you follow these steps, each time you use lightning it will hit for around 300+ points on a non-critical hit and 750+ points on a critical hit. This is your best bet to cause damage to bosses.

xcainnblecterx
02-04-2013, 07:57 PM
Type /(bosses name) then type dead. Easy

fatcharlie
02-04-2013, 10:26 PM

Please remove this reply immediately, others will use it. Its must be kept a secret.

TheStoic
02-05-2013, 03:17 AM
As was said above, fast kills of elite bosses usually come from good rogues. But as a sorcerer, you can do the following to increase your damage:

1) Get yourself a watch rifle of force. They are only around 2-3k in the CS right now, very underpriced but have the highest damage.

2) The best sorcerer gear is that which gives some STR and some more INT, but no dex. So for your helm, body armor, ring and amulet, make sure you get gear that has stats like 13 STR, 25 INT, or something similar. If it's got DEX, you don't want it.

3) For the ring and amulet, get the ones that have 13 STR, 25 INT and 3.0 DMG, or something similar. Again, no DEX. If you find you are dying a lot, you can switch it and get the ones that have 13 INT, 25 STR and 3.0 DMG, and this will give you more health points. But again, no DEX. DEX is a waste and not useful for mages.

4) Make sure you spec your sorcerer for full INT -- all your stat points go to INT.

5) Make sure to get the Lightning Strike skill and do the upgrade which grants 250% critical hit.

6) Use ribbit pet, and just before you are about to attack with lightning strike, use his arcane ability which will boost your crit to 50%.

If you follow these steps, each time you use lightning it will hit for around 300+ points on a non-critical hit and 750+ points on a critical hit. This is your best bet to cause damage to bosses.

Im gonna try bringing ribbit to Jarl. I always use Koko and Kettle when doing elite Jarl, when both are exhausted then farming is over and try again next day.

Alhuntrazeck
02-05-2013, 06:08 AM
seriously?!

Alhuntrazeck
02-05-2013, 06:09 AM
Thanks guys, especially energizeric. Dex is prob useful only for rogues or summat, right?

xcainnblecterx
02-05-2013, 06:44 AM
Please remove this reply immediately, others will use it. Its must be kept a secret.

Maybe

seriously?!

No not at all you can try of course. Just believe

smeagolette
02-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Spam aimed shot with auto attack

Alhuntrazeck
02-06-2013, 05:11 AM
Spam aimed shot with auto attack

auto attack on AL? i think you're talking about SL.

Alhuntrazeck
02-06-2013, 05:20 AM
Maybe

No not at all you can try of course. Just believe

lol -.-

gundamsone
02-06-2013, 05:42 AM
1 word

rogue