PDA

View Full Version : How are paladins vs other classes?

Ellyidol
09-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Hi guys just a few questions on a paladin and if I actually got it right.

I plan to make a paladin, str enough for equipment, dex enough for 100% hit, then the rest to int.

1. Damage is good in melee since they can compare to a warrior (rage and str buff?)

2. Good AoE damage with skills.

3. Heal and shield+str armors give better survivability.

Doesn't that cover the bear and the archer a bit? Not a full tank, but can tank better than archer, won't dps be as good or better than either class with aoe damage skills + good lance?

Idk, I could be wrong, your views appreciated.

KingFu
09-26-2010, 01:01 AM
Paladins aren't so great for pvp, but for pve they're an ok class, they can handle big stuff for a Mage, but not big stuff for a tank.

paladins can't really compare to a warrior, since they have a different type of battle and skills, but warriors do deal some heavy blows. And can take a lot more.

I personally don't like pally a whole lot, idk why, I just don't like mages in general, I feel like having one is enough. Pally can't really solo much as you might know, but it is a fun class to others from the look of it, and a pally is what most people call on when they need a mage from what vie seen:)

Raxie
09-26-2010, 01:11 AM
if you mean level 45, pallies own. they are in the top 3 for most strongest and effective pvp chars; 1 being dex archer, 2 being tank and 3 being pally.
if you are going to pvp a lot, i suggest enough str for the items and then rest into dex. even if you make your hit% 100%, there are many debuffs in pvp which lower your hit% by 25%.
for farming, they are alright but obviously tanks are the best. paladins aren't very good for rushing because dodge is very important for rushing but pallies don't have that dodge because usually pallies go full thoth and thoth gives you no bonus dodge stats, while isis gives 8% dodge. also, pallies don't have a dodge buff unlike bears and archers so they have to rely on their armour. i would rather dodge and not get hit at all, rather than having high armour and still getting hit and receiving damage.
however, they do have great aoe spells and can take down enemies fast.

KingFu
09-26-2010, 01:35 AM
Uhm, I disagree with pallys owning in pvp. They seem to be the most effective spec for mages, but mages all around aren't the best class for pvp. I have found that any bird spec, with the right build, can own a pally in pvp from the looks of it. I found few pallys trouble for me, and see less and less in pvp each time and when I do, they usually don't have the most kills. It might just be because I don't like pallys that much, but a pally isn't really a level 45 pvp best ;)

Ellyidol
09-26-2010, 01:40 AM
Oh sorry I forgot to mention that I don't really do PvP, right now I just want to do very well in PvE so I can get $$$$$. lol

Raxie
09-26-2010, 02:09 AM
well tanks are the best for pve.
mystical, you probably have never played me with my paladin but honestly i could beat most level 45 people. only people i really can't beat are toughie and lone. last game i had with toughie was 10-7 to him. lone usually one hits me but in some occasions when he doesn't finish me off in the beginning, i beat him, using my combo. if you know your combos well, you can usually one hit with pally. also, only dex birds are good at level 45; intbirds and strbirds absolutely suck. i dominate them. i would still play with my pally but don't really like level 45 so nearly sold all my level 45 gear.

KingFu
09-26-2010, 02:13 AM
well tanks are the best for pve.
mystical, you probably never played me with my paladin but honestly i'm 90% sure i could beat you if i still had my gear. only people i really can't beat is toughie and lone. if you know your combos well, you can usually one hit with pally.

I would like to try :) I personlly don't see how those are the only two, I mean, yes, lone is great pvper, but bears are overpowered making it so I think there would be another bear out there that could be you lol. Anyways, ya, I find few pallys trouble like I said, only ones I've found that can beat me is banana ever since stat conversion, and yes, I know you played banana 9-10;) I'm not saying I own every pally, I'm just saying from who I have 1v1 banana is the only ine I can not beat at all. Lol.

Raxie
09-26-2010, 03:16 AM
yea, because most mages suck, imo. they don't know the right combos.

KingFu
09-26-2010, 03:30 AM
True, I suck at my pally, but I don't go around talking trash on my pally, and die, then say mages are underpowered and use that as an excuse;) so I don't play him lol

Arterra
09-26-2010, 09:35 AM
pallys are just fun to play with :D im not changing back

Inching
09-26-2010, 10:36 PM
Mages dont suck.... just need to know how to play.... I can solo any map including AO2 but i agree you really need to know the combos really well.... Pure Mages do relay on gear a lot and needs to change equipment depending on soloing or not... which is a bit of a pain but thats the life you live.

In my opinion, Pallies are good only if you are not soloing or it can get pretty tough because you dont have the range and need to fight 1 on 1 unlike a mage which can change to a Thoth AOE staff and AOE with spells, Mage can solo effectively and quicker.

Pallies can rush better then pure Mage but a mage who knows how to play can also rush, I rarely die in a rush these days and there are certain positions were a mage can follow a tank without even getting hit till the boss but you really need to know how to use a mage.

Pallies in PVP can beat a mage "IF" they can one hit them or else I find I can own anyone (most of the time) who cannot 1 hit kill me. There are certain buffs and debuffs which you can use to off set the other classes when they use magic but its really about how quickly you can react.

So to your question, Pallies are good but depends on how you like to play.

my 2 cents worth, Inching