PDA

View Full Version : In Game Bracket/Tournament System

XghostzX
02-04-2013, 05:14 PM
I've suggested this in Azefekie's thread as an attempt to "bring back the old FFA"... so this is copied and pasted:

I think it would be neat if PvP was taken a step further in game. We have so many competitions held on the forums and people coming up with cool ideas. It would be neat if an in game tournament/bracket system was introduced. A person can set up a type of tournament (singel elimination, double elim, etc.) and could be a 1v1 tourney, CTF, FFA... the host could require fees, that way you can trust a computer to give the money to the winner, and the host doesn't have to worry about someone stealing the gold. Players have the option to invite players, have open tournaments, and could "accept" certain players to join if they ask to join.

Only reason I think this is not only a fun suggestion, but also logical, is because so many people don't use the forums. Nonetheless, most players (and I apologize if I refer to end game PvP a lot) aren't familiar with player hosted tournaments through the forums. When I set up my tournaments (there's one out right now), it was such a pain trying to grab enough players. Half of them didn't know how to use the forums, and it could've taken DAYS shorter if there was some type of in game system. I love the PvP system in Order and Chaos.

Relating back to the main topic, this would for sure support the idea of bringing back FFA. Players would be more into playing FFA for the practice of tournaments, so to say. Players that practiced 1v1's would actually use the 1v1 map -.- (nobody realizes that this was made just for the sake of 1v1).

Thoughts?

Everyone'sFavMage
02-04-2013, 05:17 PM
EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED! Plus 1 to you ^ ideas like this devs need to pay attention too. This is your community so listen to what the players want!

Everyone'sFavMage
02-11-2013, 12:10 AM
Why is this not commented on?

imsogud
02-11-2013, 12:13 AM
I bump agains

Extreme
02-11-2013, 12:16 AM
I agree with E.F.M

lakersrockftw
02-11-2013, 12:26 AM
Agree