PDA

View Full Version : The Kiting Tank

Australian
02-05-2013, 04:43 AM
Hi Guys,

just wanted to share my 'kiting' tactic so to speak. I can control all mobs quite easily if done right and pull 2 rooms, having a lot of mobs after me and works quite well in my teams.

Requirement>
1. Decent armor to take hits, I'm only 500 or so but can control 2 rooms and a hallway if done right
2. Heal available. Either through mages or heal packs as secondary option from rogue (or spam hp pots)
3. FULL AOE from the team

Skills used>
Skyward Smash (Quaking Earth may work really well however don't use as only 20% chance of stunning)
Horn of Renew with Protective shield and challenge upgrades
Juggernaut with bring it on upgrade for taunt

Ok nice and simple, I run through a corridor and grab mobs in the room, or go from 1 room to the next it doesn't matter. While running through the mobs, charge and use juggernaut to taunt surrounding enemies. Once on the other side of mobs, run back through and charge and cast heal. You should have 2 secs protective shield which helps with mob damage hence use this skill 2nd.
By this time you should have full control of all the mobs. Team members will full aoe and kill as fast as possible in the middle. Once your protective shield ready, run through and cast it close to the team members, picking up any agro left if needed, giving shield to members and of course members with heal should be casting heal as they see you running back. Use juggernaut and heal (both taunt abilities) as needed and repeat as desired.
Remember to use your skyward smash AOE skill as you are running back towards team members to deal damage yourself.

By time I ran through around 2-3 times, all the mobs are dead, if only a handful left then just stop with your team mates and pick off as required.

Not everyone likes this method however for the players that understand AOE damage and can use it efficiently then this is a great method to try out which is a method that works great for me. I can use pots to survive if need to however my heal works great, and the bonus heal from team members as I run through them really helps me to survive.

marshmallow
02-05-2013, 09:14 AM
Tried tank build, armor around 1k+ but really sucks unless you can sustain yourself with bunch of pots.
I prefer a mid-killer/mid-tanker. It saves killing time when you have a decent DPS around 130+ at least.
Kill quick is the key.

Australian
02-05-2013, 03:22 PM
We are killing quick...everyone does aoe damage and I'm using my aoe skill also as I'm running back through. This and the fact can pull 2 rooms etc.

Jackyll
02-06-2013, 01:50 AM
I really wish i knew how people do those speed runs in dungeons. i've seen a warrior pull almost half the map in WT4 i more or less just stood their with my jaw on the ground lol.