PDA

View Full Version : nox bolt vs shadow veil.

Noobiam
02-05-2013, 06:21 AM
Im planning to respec. im thinking which to get for my 4th skill. which do you guys prefer? build i want is both for PVE and PVP.

thanks in advance. :D

SuRfY
02-05-2013, 07:18 AM
Im planning to respec. im thinking which to get for my 4th skill. which do you guys prefer? build i want is both for PVE and PVP.

thanks in advance. :D

Care to know what are the other 3 skills? So that the 4th skill can compliment the rest of the skills.

Noobiam
02-05-2013, 07:31 AM
Care to know what are the other 3 skills? So that the 4th skill can compliment the rest of the skills.

oh forgot about that, ofcourse Aimed shot 5/5 then i like Shadow Piercer + leading dagger & shadow absorption and Razor Shield + whirling razors & increased duration.

SuRfY
02-05-2013, 07:58 AM
oh forgot about that, ofcourse Aimed shot 5/5 then i like Shadow Piercer + leading dagger & shadow absorption and Razor Shield + whirling razors & increased duration.

Personally, I like Shadow Storm Shot because it's a long range AoE attack. I know i am not answering to the topic. Anyway, if i have to pick 1 out of the 2, i would pick noxious bolt over veil.

Noobiam
02-05-2013, 08:09 AM
Personally, I like Shadow Storm Shot because it's a long range AoE attack. I know i am not answering to the topic. Anyway, if i have to pick 1 out of the 2, i would pick noxious bolt over veil.

thanks SuRfY. So other than storm shot what are the other three skills you use?

SuRfY
02-05-2013, 08:13 AM
thanks SuRfY. So other than storm shot what are the other three skills you use?

To be honest, I only use 3 skills. Shadow Storm Shot, Aimed Shot and Piercer. The rest are in passives. Personally, the passive dex is a must. Too good not to have it. Piercer only 3 points in it because skill 4 is useless if you charge piercer 100% of the time.

Spicy1
02-05-2013, 03:08 PM
If you want to pvp at all i'd suggest you taking med packs. With your skill setup you do allready enough dps in pve, depending on your gear ofcourse. Try to get agile lifethief of potency since its still easily the best weapon for rogue. In pve, just spam aimed shot and normal attacks and you destroy everything in notime. Even in groups of mobs use normal attack, dont charge it. Mobs die way faster that way. Upgrades for med packs are a preference question. Any leftover points i suggest you invest in to passive crit (passive dex 5/5 is a nobrainer ofc).

Noobiam
02-06-2013, 12:26 AM
thanks surfy and spicy1.

SuRfY
02-06-2013, 12:58 AM
thanks surfy and spicy1.

No problem.

Ruejade
02-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Well, currently my skill build: aimed shot, piercer, razor shield, and veil. Used it since the last free respec. Works for both pvp and pve well. I have a 4/5 shadow veil, works wonders when clearing mobs, killing bosses and turning teamfights around.

During pvp, I mainly use aimed pierce combo, and occasionally drop a shield and a bomb during teamfights. Not bragging here, but I usually solo elite arcanum grounds in about 5-6mins with that build, so I guess it's quite effective for pve too.

gundamsone
02-09-2013, 01:33 AM
imo if you have the money to spam hp pots, medpacks are worthless

in the time it takes for you to cast medpacks or charge the skill, you could be
a. auto attacking
b. using another skill

quite unproductive...
also suggest using a hp pet (mallision) and additional dex/str gear to boost your base hp so the amount you heal per pot significantly increases thus less potting!

Noobiam
02-09-2013, 03:11 AM
thanks gundamsome and ruejade. i will just wait if they give out the free respec and will try which build works. :D

LovelyWench
03-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Lol i love combat medic... It usually heals me fully when its maxed and i hardly die because of it... But then again my rogue hit lvl 13 last night and rising from playing earlier... Plus the gold cost for healing pots are quite abit plus i dont grind areas for stuff for hours anyways i just go in and do the task im set out to do.. I also love pvp and am making a pvp bow rogue just stumped on the stats... I know its un-orthodox but i was fooling around with a full INT build which was amusing how it gives soo much hp and mana :D But i was still able to kill mobs fine because again i used medic packs and thus have lots more gold to spen on more important things :p just my opinion..