PDA

View Full Version : Pets that are too far behind and other issues...

beilou
02-05-2013, 02:12 PM
Is this supposed to happen? My 2nd character is a Rogue and I use Shadow Piercer skill often to rush through areas of the map (to catch up to people). I've found that my pet ends WAY behind when I do this and it takes a while for it to get to the mob I'm/we're fighting.

My question is this: Why then, if there's a loot drop and your pet's running to get it, but you're a bit farther ahead, WHY does the pet LEAVE THE LOOT, and come follow you??? Shouldn't the pets keep up with you and when there's loot, go and GET IT no matter how far away you are? I can see pets falling behind because of fetching loot. But using a skill?

And then, sometimes my pets don't fight at all. They just stand there. When I go to use its Arcane Ability, it uses it right next to me instead of where the mob is.

Lojack
02-06-2013, 11:26 AM
"Is this supposed to happen?" Yes. The pet leaves the loot because you have moved out of range of the pet and it misses you.

It is possible with Rogues and Mages for the target you are attacking to be outside of the range the pet will attack in (using bow attacks, for instance), so I can see that happening sometimes.

GoodSyntax
02-06-2013, 11:35 AM
"Is this supposed to happen?" Yes. The pet leaves the loot because you have moved out of range of the pet and it misses you.

It is possible with Rogues and Mages for the target you are attacking to be outside of the range the pet will attack in (using bow attacks, for instance), so I can see that happening sometimes.

I often see a related issue with pets who have ranged attacks (Dragons, Frogs, etc.) Whenever I have daggers equipped and I initiate a pets arcane ability (Malison's dodge ability, or Ribbits Crit bonus), I usually don't get the benefit because the pet is too far away.

Is there any way to change the arcane ability so that we always get the bonus? Malison, in particular, usually misses the entire party when we are engaging a boss with melee attacks.

Lojack
02-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Good point. I'll try to make a pass at the pets sometime and see if we need to increase the ranges on some of the AA.

Pandamoni
02-06-2013, 12:21 PM
Isn't it frustrating?! Or they come in to kill steal (do their kills count as ours?) while leaving a pile of gold. No thank you, little birdie, I don't need you to kill this guy who is super easy, I need you to pick up that gold chest over there that I almost missed!

On a similar note, I think that if we have a speed elixir on that our pet should also. My poor pet is running maniacally trying to keep up with no luck. Makes me feel like a bad pet owner.

BodMaster
02-06-2013, 12:40 PM
Pets kills now count as our own, so need to worry about kill stealing ;)

(Now; Never used to, until StS patched it for us back in 16 Cap)