PDA

View Full Version : Be My Blood Valentine!

Marihanna
02-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Be My Bloody Valentine!
Sponsored by the 4 Horsemen and The Families of The Apocalypse. (FOTA)

Valentine's day is February 14th, 2013...Honor the traditions of Saint Valentine and submit your story of love and romance...with a vampire twist!

Criterion:

should be an original piece of work. No limit to length.
Submissions will be read for depth, sincerity, conceptual layout, and ease of reading.
fiction or nonfiction, as artiste as you like! Be creative..and remember not all romances must have a happy ending!

The top 5 stories will be selected by a panel of judges and posted here on Feb 14th for our DL community here to decide the winners. (determined by poll after submission period).

PRIZES:
1st Place: 500k gold
2nd Place -- 350k gold
3rd Place -- 150k gold

SUBMISSION PERIOD: [ Submission ends on Feb 13 @ 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time]

SUBMIT YOUR STORY BY POSTING IT HERE

WinterKate
02-05-2013, 08:47 PM
I wrote an original vampire journal entry for ArtStar's thread before. Can I use some of it and continue that story? It is mine, but ArtStar's thread wasn't a contest. :)

siahsi
02-06-2013, 10:16 AM
I wrote an original vampire journal entry for ArtStar's thread before. Can I use some of it and continue that story? It is mine, but ArtStar's thread wasn't a contest. :)

For sure Winter. Looking forward to seeing you continue your epic story. :)

hawtata
02-06-2013, 01:34 PM
How fun, I think I might create a story.
n.n

siahsi
02-06-2013, 02:50 PM
How fun, I think I might create a story.
n.n

That would be awesome...the more stories the better...we would love to see everyones creativity...as there is no love story, good or tragic...then that of the eternal bond vampires may share! :)

Apachuh'Wolf
02-08-2013, 07:46 PM
We post stories on this thread as stated in criteria right? (just making sure)

siahsi
02-09-2013, 08:28 AM
We post stories on this thread as stated in criteria right? (just making sure)

That is correct. Stories should be posted here. Looking forward to reading them all :)

Si

WinterKate
02-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Prequel (Posted in Artstar's thread)

Year 2035. Dystopian Washington. It was a futuristic era, when the world was divided into 2 groups: the Elite and the Ordinary. I was 16 and I was a very fortunate child, as some may regard. I have everything a person can actually wish for in this cruel world. Power, wealth, fame, intelligence and beauty. I should be very happy and contented. But, I was not. And I will never be. In fact, I was miserable, living under the shadows of my parents, who constantly force me to do what they want, which they consider as what is best for me. But, who cares about what they want? In the entire 16 years of my life, my thoughts were trashed, my actions misjudged and my personality as a whole was shattered. I have a whole army of guards in school and I never really had real friends, just those hypocrite ones, who fake smiles, who talk behind my back and who possess no inch of compassion in their bodies.

Most of the Elites despise the Ordinary, discriminating them in any possible way they can. I have witnessed it all my life. My classmates, bullying them in schools and calling them names. My neighbors, giving out expired canned goods, as "donations" to the Ordinary. And worst, my parents, who were among the highest officials in the country, had enormous counts of graft and corruption, taking land illegally from the Ordinary. I was not really allowed to make friends with them. I swallowed everything and forced it into my entire system, but I have realized that I was all fed up and tired of all of these. Someone needs to stand for them and that someone, is no other than me. Cause deep within me, I am of the Ordinary. No matter how hard they try to suppress my ideas, strangle my thoughts and cut my wings, the beast that they have created inside me, is struggling itself towards freedom. Their freedom. My freedom.

And so, one day in school, as I sit in the cafeteria in school with my fake friends, I have seen an Ordinary boy, roughly 6 years old, crying and dragged outside by an Elite boy of the same age, just because he failed to fall in line to purchase food, out of pure ignorance. I followed them and with my pure might, took the Elite boy through his collar and threw him to the ground. I was not really thinking. Just that action caused my guards to take me out of school and into the house to face my ruthless parents. Turned out the Elite boy is the son of my father's colleagues. My father asked my guards to whip me, right there and then, with him and my mother, watching cruelly. They did not love me. They did not really care for me.

And so that night, I stow away and found myself by the seashore. I wasn't really crying at all. I reached down the waters, washed my cuts, and then it appeared. A very beautiful ship. I was glued to my spot, as I watch them coming towards me. Extraordinarily beautiful people with pale skin and red eyes. Others old, others as young as I was. They spoke of a promise about being the most powerful group, where freedom has no limits. All it takes is just one bite. I seemed hypnotized by their soothing voices. And then, I recognized the 6-year old Ordinary boy I have helped in school, the reason why I was whipped, the reason I stowed away. He was one of them, he reached for my hand, while a beautiful young man, caused a very painful sensation in my neck, radiating through my veins. The pain was excruciating and so, I screamed. Then, all I remember was the image of the Ordinary boy, whispering that everything will be okay.

Those were the exact memories of how I became what I am now. A very powerful and compassionate vampire, living for 100 years already. It's the Year 2135. And what I do makes me really fulfilled. Hunting for Elites, who abuse their power. I haven't heard from my parents, since the year I was turned. Maybe, when you want the painful memories to go, you have no choice but to forget it and move forward. I am now free and happy. The last I heard from the Elites, is that they have learned about our kind and have researched about us. They have killed most of us with weapons they have developed especially for us. But, we remain strong. I remain strong, with the help of my husband, who is the same person who turned me, 100 years ago. I am home now. This is where I belong. I am Ordinary.

As for the Elites, we are always waiting.

Continued...

The first few hours I was turned were the worst moments of my life. The pain was unbearable. I thought the beating I had with my parents watching, was the most painful. I never imagined that the physical pain I have experienced when I became a vampire will surpass the emotional pain I felt, being humiliated by my parents ordering my whipping. The only light I have seen was the face of the boy I stood up for and that of a beautiful young man, who both told me that everything will be okay.

Days passed and I soon came to love the new life they have offered. After I learned the basics of hunting, I tried to set forth alone to prove myself worthy of this life they have bestowed on me. I set foot on a corn field. I can smell my prey even when I was miles away. I positioned myself from a distance, careful not to give myself away. I thirsted for the blood running in his veins. As I was about to strike, a firm hand on my shoulder stopped me from pursuing my prey. I balled my fists, faced the intruder, but a warm smile painted his face before I can rip his head off. It was the beautiful young man who turned me, who has given me a brand new life and a shot at endless freedom. And this first meeting, ever since I became a vampire, became the start of beautiful, yet dangerous moments in my life.

Sky taught me everything I need to know. He taught me how to fight, how to feed, how to cope up with this cursed, but free life. He allowed me to adjust; he protected me with all the strength he had. Yes, we married after a couple of vampire years together. The decision I have made was easy as breathing, it was natural, as if it was made ever since we met. He was with me all through out my vampire days, at least those days we thought we were free and alone.

The Elites have fashioned very powerful weapons designed to destroy us. They have had their research; they have hunted us. But we remain intact and strong. We lost some, but we have grown in numbers quickly. I thought we will remain that way. I thought I will be strong until that fateful night came.

One of our kind betrayed us, blinded by the Elites' promises of false power, politics and wealth, our location was made known to them. We were attacked mid-day, which made it difficult for us to organize and fight. We were at our weakest. I was fighting an Elite, when I got a glimpse of what I considered as the most fearful moment in my life. Time stopped, everything froze, as I saw Sky being dragged away, unconscious. What weakened him was the substance which was injected to his neck. I will kill them all. That was the first thought which I had. I gathered my strength, signaled to my fellow vampires to aid me. As we charged, horror struck me as I have seen the man holding a syringe, the man who injected the substance, the man who weakened Sky, the man who will take him away from me. It was my father. He was not able to recognize me, but I did.

I did not know what to do. I was dumbfounded. I stared blankly at the vehicle which took away Sky. I have lost him. But I will find him. I will prepare myself and do whatever it takes to get him back. No on can take away my life and my freedom away from me. No one will stand in my way. I will get Sky.

My entry. Idk. I just continued it. I know it's not that of a pure love story. There you go. While I wait for the match for the tournament, I did this.

Anyanka
02-13-2013, 07:31 PM
Their time together flashed right before her eyes.

She saw the first time they met, when she told off her so-called friends. They were bullying him pretty harshly, pushing him around, provoking him. Just because of what he was. He had done nothing to them. He was just working at the pub they had gone to, trying to earn his living. Unlike her kind, his did not usually come with a loaded bank account. It was not right, their behavior. So she stood up for him, and thankfully, even though they teased her, they left, going off to find someone to drink. He wasn't grateful though. He told her to leave him alone. He couldn't see that unlike most of her kind, she wasn't that kind of a racist abuser.

The second time they met, she had gone to the pub solo. She went just to see him; she didn't know why. Maybe she was just curious. He served her her drink, then proceeded to ignore her. But as she was staring at him, she could tell he was making quite an effort not to stare back at her. At closing time, she was the only one left at the pub. He approached her, once more with hostile intent. He asked her why she was stalking him, what it was she wanted from him. “I just wanted to apologize for my friends’ behavior last night”, she said, “and maybe just talk. I’d like to get to know you”. She thought his answer would be to point at the door, but instead he sat down. And they talked, for hours. They had so many things in common. And the more they talked, the more she liked him.

She went to see him at the pub a couple more times, and then they started dating. Informally, and most importantly, secretly. She did not want to even think of what would happen if her people ever got wind of them. They were lovers. Every time they met was better than the previous one. Her friends hadn’t shown up at his work since that first night she met him. She was careful, and he too realized they had to sneak around. They both felt safe in the confines of his apartment. It wasn't much, nothing like what she was used to. It was simple, and it worked.

She loved the way he kissed her, caressed her, took care of her. He had something no one of her people had… a warmth. So she made a choice. They talked about it. They were going to run away together, somewhere where they wouldn't have to hide from anyone. They would get married. They were going to grow old together…well, he would grow old. She would be with him. They couldn't have children, of course, their kinds were not compatible. But they could adopt. They would be happy.

She had made all the arrangements, packed her bags, emptied her bank account. She went to his apartment full of excitement. They were leaving that day. But everything changed when she saw him. Life is not fair, and it seems one has to always wake up from a beautiful dream.

He was lying on the floor, bleeding, badly beaten. Her people, her “friends”, were standing around him. They had seen them. How? When? She did not know. She could not think. She moved towards him, but the oldest and strongest of her people grabbed her and stopped her. “You shame us all”, he told her, “by being with this dog. You should not even be looking at him. They are a filthy, uncivilized race”. “There is nothing wrong with him, he is a great, wonderful person!”, she screamed, while bloody tears started running down her cheeks. She looked at her lover, lying on the floor. He looked helpless, pinned down, yet his eyes had a spark. “You are all a bunch of racist barbarians! You call him uncivilized? You all make me sick!” She yelled at them, while trying to free herself from the oldest’s grip. “Do we? Well then, you definitely shouldn't be hanging around with us. In fact, you shouldn't be hanging around anywhere at all”, the one holding her said, and raised his arm, revealing a wooden stake in his hand. It came down towards her, aimed at her heart.

Everything stopped. She did not know how, but her lover was now standing right in front of her, between her and her would-be murderer. Blood started coming out of his mouth. She was in shock; it took her a few seconds to put it together. “No…..” she whispered. He had shielded her. Somehow he found the strength to raise his badly beaten body and put it between herself and the deadly weapon. The stake never made it to her heart…. but it was piercing his chest.

Her people started laughing. “Well…” said the oldest, “looks like the dog really did love you. Maybe this is a more appropriate punishment for you”. They all walked out of the apartment, mocking them, as he fell to the floor, grasping for a breath.

And now she was here. The flashback ended. She was holding him. Staring at his beautiful, green eyes. She couldn't stop the tears from running down her cheeks in a river of blood. Yet he was smiling at her. “I….love…..you” he managed to say, as he took his final breath. Then he closed his eyes.

She screamed in agony. A vampire and a werewolf…. mortal enemies, everyone says. Why? What makes that true? Why couldn't they be allowed to be happy? The questions swarmed in her head, yet she was unable to answer them. She closed her eyes, still holding his lifeless body.

Anyanka
02-15-2013, 04:02 PM
Whats going to happen to this contest? Has it been canceled or will you reward the two entries?

siahsi
02-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Whats going to happen to this contest? Has it been canceled or will you reward the two entries?

good morning. sorry for the delay, i had a minor car accident and was unable to review contest. We will be announcing first and second place within the next 24hrs.....bad news..only two entries...good news...cant receive less then second place :) lol. please check back in 24hrs for official results and thank you both for two awesome stories :)

Marihanna
02-17-2013, 09:14 PM
Hello Anyanka and Winterkate!

With the 'vampiric valentine' theme in mind, I have read both of your stories. Anyanka, your short piece was exquisite; a vampire and a wolf in love, despite their differences, despite what price they both had to pay to love one another..his heroism, and then lifeless body. What a piece! Winterkate, your short story had a futuristic theme. There was an "invisible partition" that separated the two populations; the Elite and the Ordinary, in which the Ordinary were disregarded.

However, looking into conceptual layout (i.e plot), Anyanka you have won first place and Winterkate, you have won second!
I have sent both of you friend requests on DL. Please accept them so you may take your prizes :D Excellent writing pieces!

-Marihanna, Celebrate the Apocalypse

WinterKate
02-18-2013, 03:32 AM

With the 'vampiric valentine' theme in mind, I have read both of your stories. Anyanka, your short piece was exquisite; a vampire and a wolf in love, despite their differences, despite what price they both had to pay to love one another..his heroism, and then lifeless body. What a piece! Winterkate, your short story had a futuristic theme. There was an "invisible partition" that separated the two populations; the Elite and the Ordinary, in which the Ordinary were disregarded.

However, looking into conceptual layout (i.e plot), Anyanka you have won first place and Winterkate, you have won second!
I have sent both of you friend requests on DL. Please accept them so you may take your prizes :D Excellent writing pieces!

Thank you very much and congratulations Anyanka! :)

Anyanka
02-18-2013, 07:17 AM

wow thanks a lot!
Congrats to you too Winterkate!

My IGN is Axania though, not Anyanka (I forgot to include that in my post). I've added you as a friend (if ur IGN is Marihanna lol)

@siahsi I'm sorry to hear about ur accident, hope everything is ok!