PDA

View Full Version : Chest drops shouldn't drive ppl crazy!!!!

Busterbiebe
02-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Ok, some threads said that "opening chests makes the boss drop worse items" or "the quicker u defeat the boss, the better loot u get." I don't believe neither this stuff is true, and I proved it by going with the same group doing it once longer once shorter once opening chests once not. Same effect.

Don't get ur hopes up. I think it's just RANDOM. Then someone told me it gives the best loot to the person with the best stats. Not true.

One tip I hav is elixir. It rlly does help even though u don't think so. STS wouldn't make that big of a mistake to let an elixir glitch out. I've farmed mardrom 5 times without elixir( can't get platinum ) and nothing I got was good because I was just unlucky.

Then I started getting people who quit right away so I just left. I was hoping for a chest drop but got nothing. Oh well, it's random, so u never know.

LwMark
02-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Samhayne the developer community guy said himself in a thread that it dont matter, it doesnt effect rates

beilou
02-05-2013, 08:36 PM
It IS random. All that nonsense is a rumor and it makes me laugh when people are like "no chests" in a map. That's like, the first thing I do after that. Screw the mobs! Imma open the chest! XD

Kiekei
02-05-2013, 08:38 PM
The only thing that will increase your CHANCE at getting good drops is an elixir. If you blast thru maps with the elixir and make every second count, its worth the couple platinum that it cost.
Sent from my Windows 8 phone

LwMark
02-05-2013, 08:46 PM
Sts should write somethin and post it when u log in, so everyone can see, not everyone uses or knows bout forums. It would help players from gettin cursed an yelled at. Maybe leave it posted for a week or so. Or maybe if we had guild message boards in the GH, then sts can type it there, along with other messages.

Jcyee
02-05-2013, 11:58 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?81565-Opening-Chests-does-Not-Affect-Drop-Rates

Hadec
02-06-2013, 01:26 AM
only things u need is a lot of luck and some reroll elixirs...ohhh and dont forget the last but not least...GOOD LUCK dude xD

xcainnblecterx
02-06-2013, 03:12 AM
Dod ypu try dancing.amd wearing underwear on your head? O jeard.tjay helps biy im goin to bed to.........gone.to be posting on forums

Destructible
02-06-2013, 03:23 AM
Did you try dancing and wearing underwear on your head?

Stop with the drop-rate sarcasm, dude. It's getting so old...

Valsacar
02-06-2013, 04:22 AM
Had a guy today, the tank, flip out over an open chest so he ran the boss back to spawn just before he died.

BoomBox
02-06-2013, 04:26 AM
yea this topic is getting a little out of control lol..

Asahetek
02-07-2013, 01:54 PM
This nonsense is still going on huh though the devs already disproved it. It gets really annoying wish people would check forums and stop already, the pink rate is horrible don't think I've received 10 since the last updates even with luck elixirs.

Busterbiebe
02-07-2013, 02:51 PM
Exactly.... Haven't gotten like anything good in elite.. Just my luck

abekrivy
02-07-2013, 02:57 PM
Same here. I had 1 lucky day a week ago where 2 elite silver chests in a row and ended up with 2 good pinks, but since then, nothing but greens. Every elite run lately nets me a green. Running through dailies I might get one chest - which is usually full of greens. I stopped using luck elixirs because they didn't make any difference.

Swede
02-08-2013, 01:46 AM
I'll see about maybe adding it as a tip on the loading screens. It is correct that only Luck elixirs can affect the chance at getting better loot from bosses, opening chests isn't related.

Prototypedwar
02-08-2013, 02:24 AM
What if the chests WOULD have to be opened in order to proceed to the next level?

xcainnblecterx
02-08-2013, 04:40 PM
What if the chests WOULD have to be opened in order to proceed to the next level?

Wouldnt be good.for those who want tp go fast and not waster elixers