PDA

View Full Version : PL population

Janesaddiction
02-06-2013, 12:57 AM
Has pl become a ghost town or is just me? Tonight I was leveling up a new character and maybe 2 open games came up for fang with 1 person each, and 3 humania games with the most 2 people. So I hopped on a 76 to pvp and not a single game going?!?

Or is everyone in completely full games that don't show and I'm the weirdo?

Jcyee
02-06-2013, 01:16 AM
No one really does fang or humania these days other than dragon runs but idk how many people farm for dragon gear these days. As for the pvp situation, idk haven't pvp'd in ages :(

Cavoc
02-06-2013, 01:24 AM
There could be multiple reasons for this. These are just guesses though.
1. You posted this at 12 am central time. A lot of players are kids and have school considering its a weekday.
2. Blacksmoke has been out awhile now. A lot of people have reach 75-76 and may be lvl their alts.
3. Bad timing or full games?

But these are just guesses :p

McBain
02-06-2013, 01:39 AM
Humania's not really worth farming, and the maps aren't very efficient for XP gain. A lot of folks skip it these days and go from Fang straight to Blacksmoke when they're leveling up. Fang is a little hit or miss, I guess. Sometimes there are a ton of games going on and sometimes only a couple. Recently, though, it seems that the majority of the games in Fang are higher levels farming the Vamp Feast map for dragon vanities.

Deathofan
02-06-2013, 01:51 AM
Leveling in humania is a waste of time, you should level up to lv68 in fang and from there go to blacksmoke - dragon nest. You should be getting 6-8.5k exp p/h, assuming you are wearing thrasher. Or you can just run in MM and get 20k exp per hour and burn plat like coal.

Waug
02-06-2013, 06:47 AM
+ atleast 1/3 pl population got force eliminated due to sifting armv6-7

Extreme
02-06-2013, 06:54 AM

I think this is the main factor , many friends of mine cant play due to this , especially in my country....

Seminole
02-06-2013, 07:05 AM
IDK being poor, i find it difficult and time consuming to waste time farming for dragon set, and level cap set. In addition it requires 1-2 years to get enough vanities to compete with other players and have cool sparkles. I dont want to wait that long and thats why I dont spend time leveling other characters. Not sure if others feel the same way, but its just my take on things.

Justg
02-06-2013, 07:36 AM

Not true, less than 10% of our daily active users were affected.

Waug
02-06-2013, 07:55 AM

oh, why not, you sir have the correct accurate data, Google Analytics is very very tasty.

Just a guess, as half of android users are still on 2.2 froyo android version, similarly half of android users still on version 6 of arm architecture, i.e. Armv6, but that's worldwide, not in high paying countries, where most of the players belongs to, don't misunderstand me, I was just referring to Google Adsense ads high paying patterns, nothing to do with pl though.

Also referring to android cause from where pl generates most of it's revenue.

MightyMicah
02-06-2013, 09:12 AM
The population has definitely gone down. I first noticed it in pvp. Then I noticed it in pve. I imagine its mainly due to Arcane Legends.

Janesaddiction
02-06-2013, 11:09 AM
Well I definitely questioned the time of day.... But that's my regular time to hop on after my bizillion kids are all in bed. I'm a single mom who works and goes to school so my time is extremely limited, but between classes and at night have been my normal play time for along time now. It just made me a little sad I guess to keep refreshing pvp games over and over and never see even one. The "population" (as someone changed the name of my thread so graciously:) makes it way difficult to level up. The games have like maybe 2 at the most people. So frustrating. Pugs ftw!

MightyMicah
02-06-2013, 11:16 AM
Well I definitely questioned the time of day.... But that's my regular time to hop on after my bizillion kids are all in bed. I'm a single mom who works and goes to school so my time is extremely limited, but between classes and at night have been my normal play time for along time now. It just made me a little sad I guess to keep refreshing pvp games over and over and never see even one. The "population" (as someone changed the name of my thread so graciously:) makes it way difficult to level up. The games have like maybe 2 at the most people. So frustrating. Pugs ftw!

Yeah it's not just time of day. When I get on on a Friday night and can barely manage to find one game to join, the population is dying.

FluffNStuff
02-06-2013, 12:38 PM
This is just the "late cap break". You see it with every cap that has been out for a while where people have their full sets and the "rare" gear has been so over farmed they become trivial drops. Part of the problem is the elixirs, and their management. Consider the 'Elite' items, with prices under 100k it is hardly worth it right now to waste plat on a thrasher to go after em so people are just saving their plat and preferring to hibernate until a more rewarding challenge comes along. Now there are players farming the dragon sets, but just about every player I see there is using a combo blessing, so like me they log in, check to see if they get that blessing, and if not, crawl back into their cave for another day.

Kaiserwarrior
02-06-2013, 01:37 PM
This is just the "late cap break". You see it with every cap that has been out for a while where people have their full sets and the "rare" gear has been so over farmed they become trivial drops. Part of the problem is the elixirs, and their management. Consider the 'Elite' items, with prices under 100k it is hardly worth it right now to waste plat on a thrasher to go after em so people are just saving their plat and preferring to hibernate until a more rewarding challenge comes along. Now there are players farming the dragon sets, but just about every player I see there is using a combo blessing, so like me they log in, check to see if they get that blessing, and if not, crawl back into their cave for another day.
Agreed

dudetus
02-06-2013, 02:42 PM

U sir got my number.

Chopper
02-06-2013, 03:04 PM

Another agree.

I'm capped out on both of my toons. My playing time is becoming less and less. I stop by when i get a 3x Combo so i can farm dragon stuff, and that's pretty much it. Elites aren't worth it and most other stuff has become so devalued that there is little pay off to farm extensively on other maps.

Multibird
02-06-2013, 03:08 PM
yeah im waiting for elite cap, to pass time I go pvp, sometimes farm, and level my rhino to 76

angeldawn
02-06-2013, 03:56 PM

What's your in game names? I'll add you and u can join our pvp games anytime. ;) plus I'm usually levelling someone or another one of my toons. I can help u there to.

McBain
02-06-2013, 04:11 PM

ooof.

apply cold water to burned area

Chickenrunnn
02-06-2013, 04:13 PM

And people waiting for PvP balancing just left PL the time it gets normal back . . . . . . :vmad:

Disko
02-06-2013, 04:26 PM
This is a fairly important issue for us all, and some great feedback here.. I agree with all of the helpful insights above.

I think STS had a great plan to release the new classes to increase activity during the lull. It helped fill in games throughout the HUGE level spread we have now. But I feel like most ppl who were dedicated in leveling their foxes or rhinos are now in Blacksmoke, while a majority of casual players drift off before they get to the high level campaigns.

Personally my solution for is to search out the dungeons with activity before I decide which toon to level. Daily reward is also a factor, but if I'm rocking a 3x combo I could care less if I have to solo with it!

Having said all that, I think the population is holding up better than I had anticipated… I only wish there were a regular rhythm to the expansions instead of all the guesswork.

Cheers everybody, hang in there! If you get bored just make a new farmer ;)

Snakespeare
02-06-2013, 04:39 PM
...just about every player I see there is using a combo blessing, so like me they log in, check to see if they get that blessing, and if not, crawl back into their cave for another day.

Are you looking over my shoulder?

XghostzX
02-06-2013, 05:15 PM

To me, that's like going from an A+ to a B- on a test.

But this is interesting, regardless^^

Earlier mentioned (which I 100% agree on) is that people level too quickly and then get bored. It really is a "cap break". This is due to elixirs, unfortunately.

This is why I make PvP tournaments end game before people get too bored.

Waug
02-06-2013, 10:12 PM
To me, that's like going from an A+ to a B- on a test.

Grade doesn't matter, where the motivation of the teacher is something different from the purpose of truely educate him.

XghostzX
02-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Grade doesn't matter, where the motivation of the teacher is something different from the purpose of truely educate him.
How can one learn if they're too pressured by grades? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of learning?

Waug
02-07-2013, 12:06 AM
How can one learn if they're too pressured by grades? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of learning?

exactly, so stop grading, but then few would be so careless that may not learn anything.

TheBedtBird
02-07-2013, 10:31 AM
Well I stopped leveling when I saw that to get to 71 was like to get to level 70 last cap. So I sold my gear amd started twinking, and thats where I am now, a gearless level 70 and 5 of one of the greatest 35 pvpers of all time:)