PDA

View Full Version : Scale beneficial effects with lvl and/or attributes

Heiki
02-06-2013, 01:23 AM
Some skills that use flat values loose a lot of their appeal (if not all) as lvls increase.

i.e. a mage shield whcih used to provide good protection in early lvls is useless as damage dealt by mobs (and especially others classes) gets higher. It is quite logical the protection it gives should scale so as to provide the same protection benefit it did earlier on. Especially if you guys are planning more expansions. What is 650 points of damage absorbed when rogues will crit for 3-4k regularly?

Same goes for warriors and Vengeful, 50 str is ok at lvl 21, not sure how big an impact it will have at 26...

Jackyll
02-06-2013, 01:43 AM
honestly, I could see scaling becoming an issue of classes becoming over powered during PVP. me as a warrior if i have to keep hitting a shielded mage for awhile before doing any damage i'm gonna get pissed lol. but with that i think the skills of each class are balanced and play well off on another.

Energizeric
02-06-2013, 05:02 AM
I think what you will see happen is that over time they will add more skill extensions to each skill. So at some point they will have an extension that increases the mage shield by 50%, or 100%. After all, what else will we have to spend our skill points on once we reach the higher levels.