PDA

View Full Version : Universal Chat System

spiderpig
02-06-2013, 02:20 PM
I once played an mmo game with a universal chat system.it allows everybody to see someones chat or message.its great for AL since you cant pm somebody when they are offline.your friends,guildmates, etc can then pass the msg to you once youre online.another thing is, its great for auctioning stuff (i know we have the AH and its a way for sts to earn money)but theres a lot of sellers in different servers spamming kraag,elsewhere with their stuff and not everyone can see it and have the equal chance of possibly purchasing it.

you can charge gold for every message (like AH) to avoid spamming.

Bless
02-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Yeah the thing you didn't mention is that it pops up on your screen (like when someone invites you, you get huge writing on screen) - it is most likely not in chatbox.

I see you have to charge gold but millions play AL and it's gonna be pretty spammed up by sellers.

Not hating just constructive criticism.

spiderpig
02-06-2013, 03:17 PM
Yeah the thing you didn't mention is that it pops up on your screen (like when someone invites you, you get huge writing on screen) - it is most likely not in chatbox.

I see you have to charge gold but millions play AL and it's gonna be pretty spammed up by sellers.

Not hating just constructive criticism.

you will be able to read it in chatbox like guildchat but in different color.unlike private msg that pops in front.

charging gold and putting a max of post per minute/hour would help limit spam i think.

if it work on other platforms it might work also for AL.

Chickenrunnn
02-06-2013, 04:32 PM
You'll have to have fast eyes to be able to read all the messages ..

And yeah, people could spam their sales and it could become really annoying :(

However, it could be a fun idea to meet new players :)

spiderpig
02-06-2013, 05:06 PM
However, it could be a fun idea to meet new players :)

that too..

but limiting the amount to maybe 2 post an hour wouldnt result to spamming.i dont really know.

but theres no harm if they try,right?

Genuinous
02-06-2013, 07:14 PM
I always hated universal chats with loads of ppl in them... but as long as it can be ignored and closed idm :)

Matutd
02-06-2013, 07:16 PM
Add ignore feature, and implement it. Worked decent in O&C, hut there's a motor idiots on there too

spiderpig
02-07-2013, 01:58 AM
yep add the ignore option to avoid spams

how about offline msgs guys?its really difficult not to be able to pm somebody whos offline.

character not found

pilon
02-07-2013, 04:24 AM
global chat is the better way to an all day long flame. based on my xp, only.

Bless
02-07-2013, 10:22 AM
yep add the ignore option to avoid spams

how about offline msgs guys?its really difficult not to be able to pm somebody whos offline.

character not found already suggested many times :P