I made This Thread Based on my Expirience

I. Pve Build " DOT"
The Best PVE Build Is
1.Frost-4/5 - no ice on the ground
2.Fire-4/5 no hit rate
3.Time- 4/5 no less dodge
4.Life- For rogues and survibability 3/5

This build is highly effective in Trash mobs and bossess

Lightning- i dont like this because mages have a low crit so allow the rogue for crits and even you push to the end and get the highest crit you still cant reach what can rogue achieve in crit
Shield- Whats the porpuse of tank? but it depends on the warrior
Gale- Useless just for fun
Curse- depends on your party you When u use curse you should timming with your party skill it only last long after u use two skill

Pls Comment All the pros and More Expirience Sorcerer Here Im glad to learn more

Energizeric
02-07-2013, 01:19 AM
I like lightning for farming bosses like elite jarl. I go in with Ribbit pet and my crit ends up at 50% and I can hit for 600+ per hit, plus lightning has a short cool down. I have lightning instead of Time, but I also have frost, fire and life.

Arcana
02-07-2013, 08:03 AM
lightning strike is cool.Aim it on the mob that about to die and it have chance to hit all other mobs with lightning strike.Its just like lightning storm.

Jammes
02-07-2013, 09:06 AM
I believe your 100% right about lightning but lightning cant aim on a mobs that about to die special when a tons of mobs infront of you one more thing lightning is useless when do you dont have a good stable crit so just leave it to rogue and fucos on what are sorceres meant to be if you prefer to become a full blown pve sorcerer

Jammes
02-07-2013, 09:12 AM
To energizeric well thats not bad at all but if you compare time to light i prefer time bec. It hits a lot of mobs it also help in boss in terms of dot it increase also your survivability In terms of bossing whats the use of lightning if there a rogue playing 90% or 80 to 70% no need to help them out in terms of crit you have a low chance of getting the kills in terms of bosses the best thing to do in boss heal the mana of rogue and play dot it helps much better

Energizeric
02-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Yes, time is surely better for the mobs. Lightning is better for bosses. Since I have fireball and frost which are both AoE, I figured I would go with Lightning for bosses. But if you are mostly doing mobs and dungeons like the tombs for farming kills, then your build is the best one.

CosmoxKramer
02-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Energizeric is right. ultimate pve build would be what you said but Lightning in place of Life. Pots are cheap. you get a lot more dps by having 4 offensive skills. check out the sorcerer dps calculator i built in my signature. you need to download it from my good doc and have excel to use it.

drgrimmy
02-07-2013, 05:50 PM

I. Pve Build " DOT"
The Best PVE Build Is
2.Fire-4/5 no hit rate

Lightning- i dont like this because mages have a low crit so allow the rogue for crits and even you push to the end and get the highest crit you still cant reach what can rogue achieve in crit
Curse- depends on your party you When u use curse you should timming with your party skill it only last long after u use two skill

Pls Comment All the pros and More Expirience Sorcerer Here Im glad to learn more

I know people are going to disagree, but...

From my perspective a mage is for crowd control and aoe damage. That is why I prefer fire, frost
and time as you outlined but also gale instead of life. In pve everyone has access to there own
health and mana pots. I like gale with the aoe and speed upgrades. It has knockdown for crowd
control and the speed boost is needed for fast runs (if going for records or just trying to keep
up with a rogue and warrior with pierce and skyward). It just takes a little practice to not be a
"scatter bear". Make sure you on on the side and not in the middle of a mob to push them all
in one direction, preferably a wall or other object. This way all of your skills have aoe damage
and crowd control options. Yes, a little weaker for the bosses, but that's the rogues job :)

Jammes
02-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Message to All Of Us :
WE All have a point But the best thing is to do what a mage Job are for AOE and a little bit help for bossing And i prefer life because well it lessen a pot use and also grant the rogue mana for instance bossess like jarl easy killing

CosmoxKramer
02-12-2013, 01:16 PM
Stuff dying faster also lowers pot usage :beguiled:

Valsacar
02-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Pots are cheap, we're not healers, let everyone else use their own pots. I hate gale, I really hate when I'm in a run with another mage that uses gale. I round up a bunch of mobs, lock them in time and some idiot uses gale and knocks them all back out. On most trash mobs, run them into a circle, charged fireball (charging while running) to stun, drop time in the middle, move on to other mobs. The damage from the fireball, time and the last little explosion will kill almost every trash mob in there (in places like hauntlet it's all of them).

Fire, ice, lighting, time. On bosses it's drop time, hit colton, spam the others (can get 2 rounds out of colton if you're really quick), spam normal attack. Repeat when time drops.

Nerola
02-13-2013, 01:38 AM
I disagree, pots are not cheap, especially for a rogue. If you expect a rogue to be doing full damage, expect to use 10-15 mana pots alone for elite tower and maybe 3 or 4 on elite jarl. Even though I'm very well off and can probably make more than enough per run to cover pot cost, it's still not fair that other classes just sit around and spam normal attack, where I have to keep aggro and damage using both types of potions.

It is the reason I prefer playing my Mage and give mana to rogues whenever possible. Play a rogue and you'll appreciate the presence of a Mage with empower. Go ahead and dps all you want, but you'll soon find out you're better off supporting the rogues in your party.

CosmoxKramer
02-13-2013, 11:24 AM
But the thread is for Max DPS in pve. So having Lifegiver to give mana is not max DPS...DPSers using pots would be max DPS. I agree, to be a more team focused group Lifegiver, and maybe Curse would be an option.

drgrimmy
02-13-2013, 01:57 PM
Unfortunately, sorcerers at this point are pretty much irrelevant for leaderboard timed runs for this season. Nevertheless, if you ever went for leaderboard times in season 1 or season 2, any of the top rogues or warriors you were running with would tell you to drop the lifegiver to increase you dps and killing efficiency. A build with lifegiver is a cost saving build perhaps good for farming, but in my opinion, and I believe in the opinion of most top rogues and warriors, it is not an "ultimate" build...

Straticus
02-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Good stuff here, and many good suggestions. In pvp, many a rogue has thanked me for keeping them healed AND accruing mana at the same time. I'm not going to mess with my Lifegiver. Time Shift is essential, it's not even an option, for CC, and I prefer Fire and Gale, for the speed buff. I agree, I've been frustrated by other mages using gale after I've rounded up and Shifted a bunch of mobs, but after I suggest why it's not good, they'll listen. I'm wearing all demonlord and using the Charwood staff. DPS is 252. If I need higher damage skills, I'll switch to the watch rifle of assault to boost my damage to 154. Works very well

Valsacar
02-13-2013, 06:27 PM
PvP lifegiver is needed, in PvE it is not. In the beginning it can help, but once you get your first good item you no longer have to worry about pots. You shouldn't wait on someone else, or expect, then to heal you. Take care of yourself, sorcerers are NOT healers.

Sky../
02-15-2013, 10:33 AM
So for pve which one would you take? I' m still undecided. Gale, ice or lightning? Can only choose 2.

drgrimmy
02-15-2013, 04:44 PM
So for pve which one would you take? I' m still undecided. Gale, ice or lightning? Can only choose 2.

For PvE... I think most people would say frost and lightening. Frost is a great skill and I believe the first choice for a combination of mob killing, mob control, and single target damage for the bosses: great single target damage (equal to lightening without lightening's 15% damage upgrade), damage over time, chance to aoe (with upgrade), and an aoe type slow/freeze. Most people would choose lightening for their second skill to increase their dps and improve their versatility for killing bosses. I prefer gale as outline in my post above, but that is just perdsonal prefernce, and I think most people would disagree.

Sky../
02-15-2013, 07:51 PM
Thanks for your advise. If i do get ice, light and time, which upgrade do you suggest i get so i'd have left over points for passive? (Fire will be maxed)

drgrimmy
02-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Thanks for your advise. If i do get ice, light and time, which upgrade do you suggest i get so i'd have left over points for passive? (Fire will be maxed)

Depends on how much u want left over for passives. Must haves for me include:

Fire: stun and DOT upgrades - I go back and forth on the increased area of effect, yes theoretically it will
do more damage but I often find that it attracts unwanted agro (eg the mob behind jarl) due to its large
area of effect. Also, I add the 25% hit reduction debuff for pvp, but less important for pve.

Frost: DOT and longer duration of DOT upgrades - I go back and forth on the aoe upgrade as only a
small chance to do aoe damage and the slow and freeze work as an aoe without this upgrade when
u charge. The ice patch thing seems totally worthless to me.

Light: I cannot speak as knowledgeably on this one but I would think the 15% damage increase and
250% crit damage upgrades. Stun for an individual enemy seems worthless to me (except for in PvP)
as bosses typically don't get stunned. Also for the RIP upgrade, I never like the upgrades that are
15% chance if you kill the enemy with (like the frost ice patch).... seems like there are other more
worthwhile things to spend points on.

For life: mana upgrade. If u want to be nice to teammates increase aoe upgrade (although I usually drop
if pressed for points). The upgrades that give u 5 mana and 10 health for 10 sec start to have diminishing
returns as you get to be a higher level and 50 mana and 100 health does not mean that much....

Sorry, I forgot you also wanted time....

For time: DOT, exploding clock and root upgrades.

Drizzt Lee
02-26-2013, 11:11 AM
For life: mana upgrade. If u want to be nice to teammates increase aoe upgrade (although I usually drop
if pressed for points). The upgrades that give u 5 mana and 10 health for 10 sec start to have diminishing
returns as you get to be a higher level and 50 mana and 100 health does not mean that much....

Sorry, I forgot you also wanted time....

For time: DOT, exploding clock and root upgrades.

I have often stressed to sorcs I met in pugs to not heal if their lifesaver have the mana regen and health regen buff, becoz the rogues or warriors will run off with the buffs on them, aggro the mobs and the mobs will come for the sorcs. My lifesaver only have mana recover and increase in range so I can heal my party and not worry of unnecessary aggro.

Perroncel
02-28-2013, 11:34 AM

I. Pve Build " DOT"
The Best PVE Build Is
2.Fire-4/5 no hit rate

your build same like me :D

Excuses
03-04-2013, 07:08 AM
I have all three classes, and I agree some people above..

My point is, fire ball, ice and time are best for pve. All these skills can stun and slow mobs which gives your party more chance to survive and especially time can hold entire mobs in a place which gives time to run away, pot to save your life and throw some distance attack. And this is why I don't use gale(I hate it when someone use it actually), it will scatter all mobs and make it difficult for other party to finish them.(warrior-sky smash/windmill, rogue-razor/pierce) it might be good for yourself to be survived, but in pve, you have party, and you need them and use them.
And if I have to choose on between life and shield, I will choose life because like someone said pots are not cheap and (even though some people says mage is not a healer) everyone is going to thank you for your heal. And one warrior's heal is never enough for rogues and the tank itself. (To tank, warrior has to use a LOT more pots than you think. I have seen a lot of mage complain about tanking in pve, but it's not that easy to keep aggro and alive when I am only warrior) But make sure you don't have empowered, cuz it will give you aggro.

It depends on ppl, but I think shield, lightning and gale is good for pvp. (Fire ball is a must to stun) fire ball to stun, when you are surrounded, push opponents out with gale and stun, lightning and run. Something like this. Shield with 2 sec invincibility is awesome for pvp too. But it covers only 500 dmg which is less than any single attack from rogue and warrior.
So I still like life better(guess you need them both tho). Lifegiver with empowered is GOOD for rogue and yourself too cuz your team will save you too. Rogue is pretty much dead without mana. And mage is the only class that can heal others mana (so I call mage a healer), then you should heal like you ask warriors to tank. You don't play by yourself in this game. It's always smarter to stick with them. =)

So tanks, mana healers, mob holders, stunner, and big damager all together makes your pve really easy. I think.

ZigZag
03-05-2013, 09:11 AM
I spec full int all passives dmg-4/5 crit-5/5 intel-5/5 that and Clyde make crits happen ALOT. Plus if you are running Jarl pubs watch how much your crits start adding up :D

stonerzone
03-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Has anyone figured out if frosts dot ticks add up to an additional 15%? I'm wondering if it is equal to lightning with the 15% increase. I've never seen them compared in that way on the forums.

CosmoxKramer
03-05-2013, 11:31 AM
from my calculations extended frost dots do more total damage than lightning (non-crits on both)

stonerzone
03-05-2013, 11:46 AM
That is what I thought. Lightning just doesn't do it for me since it is single target. Almost no crowd control and does less damage in general. Maybe one day when you can get 50% crit stable without buffs. Until then frost all day.