PDA

View Full Version : Take out chat in pvp.

Seminole
02-07-2013, 07:17 AM
Boom..the whole Go problem is solved and ffa is back. No more trash talking, people yelling rusher rusher, or people wasting space talking pvp rooms... just all out ffa. If you want to trash talk then go to town! At the very least make it an option for the host before the game starts .

Yich
02-07-2013, 07:19 AM
Take chat out of all pvp and the game goes even more in the can.

Seminole
02-07-2013, 07:25 AM
Take chat out of all pvp and the game goes even more in the can.

hmmm, i think itll have its pros and cons. Im positive itll bring ffa back because people wont join just to stare at each other. thats why I suggested making it an option for the host in case of private games etc.

Waug
02-07-2013, 08:11 AM
It would take charm outta pvp. Though I sometime blind rush, no talking, neither look at the chatbox.

MightyMicah
02-07-2013, 10:35 AM
Yeah we should take it out because every other mmo takes it out!...oh wait. Almost NO other mmo takes it out. I'm with Yich. Remove chat in pvp and I'm gone as well as the rest of the pvp population.

Zeus
02-07-2013, 10:41 AM
People would just find other ways of communicating if they really like the go system, which the vast majority of PL PvPers do. Don't be so naive into thinking everything will miraculously change.

Bless
02-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Like Parth said people will find other ways such as emotes :P

angeldawn
02-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Like Parth said people will find other ways such as emotes :P

Or waiting for the other person to buff.

@op
Other ppl have been suggesting this and like I said to them, I think it's a bad idea. Sometimes chat is needed to communicate as a team. Plus u need it when helping teach others, getting advice yourself or testing new stats, skills, gear and combos. Removing the chat in pvp will ruin the experience for so many and won't solve a thing. You'll just have less pvp players. Then you'll find something else to complain about in pvp.

Having the chat in pvp and ctf makes us better players. It's also adds a social aspect to the games.

I don't play pvp for stats or kills. I play for fun!! I enjoy playing with friends. You all need to learn to enjoy the game. If you take the game so seriously, maybe it's it take a break and learn how to enjoy it again.

Yich
02-07-2013, 05:37 PM
Removing chat wouldnt help anyways. Then me and 2 friends could host and join a team and 3v1 someone and when someone else joins, we could rush them without them being warned and then boot if its someone good. Ive done this before and the most annoying thing is when a random on the ground spams "rushers!" everytime someone joins and ruins our fun. Also losing host after 1 game hurts too.

Janesaddiction
02-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Removing chat would solve it definitely.... But I thoroughly enjoy being able to chat while pvping, and I'd rather continue to fight the "go" issue than to lose chat.

Spyce
02-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Why would you do that?
Some people want to chat and PvP at the same time..

MightyMicah
02-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Why would you do that?
Some people want to chat and PvP at the same time..

Chat AND pvp? Never! That's horrible just to even think about! Heaven forbid!

(Note the sarcasm ;) )