PDA

View Full Version : 2013-02-07 Content Update (112822)

H2N
02-07-2013, 02:24 PM
New Buccaneer Armor Packs are now available in The Store!
New Molten Weapons have been added to The Store!
Big Love Valentine's Day vanity item added to The Store. Through Feb 17th, if you are wearing Big Love, other players can wave at you and receive Little Love. After the 17th, you will still have Big Love but it will no longer give out Little Love if someone waves at you.
Frost Weaponry and Steel Commando Armor is no longer available for purchase from The Store.
Time Shift should now properly apply a snare effect to enemy players inside the bubble. Note that even with the root upgrade, enemy players will only be snared, not rooted in PvP. However, they will be slightly slower than if you did not have that skill upgrade.
A charged Time Shift should no longer spam 'Rooted' above players that run through the bubble.
Removed Achievements related to the Lower Hauntlet, until the Lower Hauntlet is complete.
To help new players find their way around Windmoore, we've lowered the amount of players in each instance of this city to a maximum of 15.

Madstar
02-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Thank you, this just made my evening! :)

Arcanee
02-07-2013, 02:28 PM
Does H2N have a ign ?

Lesmiserables
02-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Just what i have been waiting for :)!

Genuinous
02-07-2013, 02:30 PM
Nice update, but I'll feel lonely in Windmoore now :D

Madstar
02-07-2013, 02:31 PM
This update is for Vys, ;).

Len Der
02-07-2013, 02:31 PM
Wooohhhh vanity :D

Vystirch
02-07-2013, 02:33 PM
This update is for Vys, ;).

I can't wait!

Lesmiserables
02-07-2013, 02:41 PM
right and there are no armor with dex for a rouge at all ?

Madstar
02-07-2013, 02:43 PM
They should have put the love vanity in the helmet slot!

Goxyto
02-07-2013, 02:51 PM
I currently have 'Little Love'. Will I have it after 17th or it will expire?

Cero
02-07-2013, 02:59 PM
http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa415/pronexus/bf4abcacc397fcca0f34c09f1669d377_zpsb9353d86.jpg

New Buccaneer Armor Packs are now available in The Store!
New Molten Weapons have been added to The Store!
Big Love Valentine's Day vanity item added to The Store. Through Feb 17th, if you are wearing Big Love, other players can wave at you and receive Little Love. After the 17th, you will still have Big Love but it will no longer give out Little Love if someone waves at you.
Frost Weaponry and Steel Commando Armor is no longer available for purchase from The Store.
Time Shift should now properly apply a snare effect to enemy players inside the bubble. Note that even with the root upgrade, enemy players will only be snared, not rooted in PvP. However, they will be slightly slower than if you did not have that skill upgrade.
A charged Time Shift should no longer spam 'Rooted' above players that run through the bubble.
Removed Achievements related to the Lower Hauntlet, until the Lower Hauntlet is complete.
To help new players find their way around Windmoore, we've lowered the amount of players in each instance of this city to a maximum of 15.

still there

Swede
02-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Yeah that was a miss on our part in the patch notes. The gold only Steel Commando Mystery Chest will be available for a little while longer.

LwMark
02-07-2013, 03:15 PM

Have fo everrrr

uzidredar
02-07-2013, 03:43 PM
No pvp fixes for useless sorcerers:banghead:
I'm outta here. See you guys after the expansion

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Cero
02-07-2013, 04:04 PM
Yeah that was a miss on our part in the patch notes. The gold only Steel Commando Mystery Chest will be available for a little while longer.

ok thanks :)

C17H21N04
02-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Great job again.

stackz
02-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Well this gives me reason to buy flowers for the wife to get the plat bonus :p

Thegrimreaper
02-07-2013, 05:10 PM
Well this gives me reason to buy flowers for the wife to get the plat bonus :p
Lol I did the same thing

Hroovitnir
02-07-2013, 06:36 PM
Let me repost, in a "positive" way for sam. This update and its content is in no way shape or form oriented toward what this games aims to be. You can go download any dungeon crawler and PvE your brains out. There are TONS with amazing graphics and all. The point of ANY successful MMO is the MULTIPLAYER, and any good MULTIPLAYERS feature what ? Player vs Player COMBAT! As we all know the CTF system is HORRIBLE, and it has been out long enough to receive attention and has gotten none. Yet day after day I see the complaints mounting with the same issues and again no attention. The devs will take time out to write me a private message about how I am not being positive, yet will not post on any of these PvP forums about actions they plan on taking or that they are even hearing us. I just feel this update should of been geared more towards PvP, in gear, arenas and fixes. How was that for positive yet REALISTIC on this updates flaws.

Samhayne
02-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Let me repost, in a "positive" way for sam. This update and its content is in no way shape or form oriented toward what this games aims to be. You can go download any dungeon crawler and PvE your brains out. There are TONS with amazing graphics and all. The point of ANY successful MMO is the MULTIPLAYER, and any good MULTIPLAYERS feature what ? Player vs Player COMBAT! As we all know the CTF system is HORRIBLE, and it has been out long enough to receive attention and has gotten none. Yet day after day I see the complaints mounting with the same issues and again no attention. The devs will take time out to write me a private message about how I am not being positive, yet will not post on any of these PvP forums about actions they plan on taking or that they are even hearing us. I just feel this update should of been geared more towards PvP, in gear, arenas and fixes. How was that for positive yet REALISTIC on this updates flaws.

Thanks Hroovitnir for taking another stab at a constructive post. I'd like to point out that your statement that "the CTF system is HORRIBLE" is not quite accurate. I can understand how you feel that way, but that is your opinion. From our standpoint, there are a lot of people who are playing the current CTF games, which would indicate that it isn't as horrible as you make it sound. The team is continuing to work on all sorts of things, including PvP. Today's patch is but one of many, many patches. Look for more PvP refinements in the future.

I get that you want more done on the feature you like the most - PvP. However, as you can see by the comments above, there are others who enjoyed this new content. I'm sorry that we're not catering to your personal desires more closely. Maybe we'll get it closer to your mark in the future.

As for me sending you a message to please abide by our forum rules, let's be clear - it's my job to administer these forums. I don't do game development, I'm the community guy. Hopefully that helps you better understand. If you have any further questions, please feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks!

Samhayne
02-07-2013, 06:50 PM

Yes, you will still have Little Love after the 17th. It is just that people will not be able to wave at someone wearing Big Love and get their own Little Love after the 17th.

stackz
02-07-2013, 06:53 PM
Will biug love still be usable then as well?

Samhayne
02-07-2013, 06:58 PM
Will biug love still be usable then as well?

Those who have Big Love in their inventory will still have it and can equip it. However, if anyone waves at someone wearing Big Love after the 17th, they will not receive Little Love.

Energizeric
02-07-2013, 07:13 PM

I have to agree with Sam here. I think you are being a bit harsh when you say it is "horrible". I play PL as well, and I can tell you that PvP in AL is already way better than it is in PL. And if you look around the forums, you'll see that I have been one of the biggest complainers about PvP. But I still play it and it's still fun. It just needs some fine tuning. The problem is that it is hard for them to figure out exactly how to fine tune it.

In PL they kept trying to fine tune it, and every time they did, folks would complain that another class was now OP. Two months ago bears were OP because of their savage sets, so then they added a new elite bow for birds and now everyone is complaining that they are too OP. Sometimes even the smallest change can upset balance more than it helps.

I think most folks agree that rogues hit a little bit too hard and warriors are a little too tough to kill. Sorcerers may be fine just the way they are, but because of the two things I just mentioned, sorcerers have a hard time competing with either rogues or warriors as we can see by looking at the leaderboards. So we will see going forward what adjustments are made. But I wouldn't expect any major overhaul here, just some fine tuning.

Hroovitnir
02-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Sam, I understand people like CTF, PvE Heros like it. If you read over the PvP boards most of us are complaining about no REAL PVP, CTf is definitely not real PvP. Also, the current system, as I have mentioned it for counting kills has come under mass scrutiny. I would have to say its not "my personal preference" but a great deal of others who are on the same page as me. It is great to hear you will be working on it though! I understand your just a community guy, the shout out was at the devs, not you.

Fefferi
02-08-2013, 06:48 AM
Can I somehow equip/ unequip Little Love? Cause I can't see an option for that.
If I equip my Big Love while having Little Love, will the Little Love be gone? And I won't be able to equip the Little one again?

Edit:
My bad xD I've just seen it.. ;'D I was looking for it in the inventory and didn't realize it was already equipped... :'D

Hroovitnir
02-08-2013, 10:53 PM
Little Love is WAY MORE boss than big! Haha :P!

BadWolf
02-10-2013, 05:02 AM
Molten weapon and buccaneer armour stats are simply pathetic. I've got them equipped now because I've completed all quests and I'm lvl 21 but once the new cap comes, they'll be useless. Plz make them hav better stats or make them vanity. Thank u.

MrFoster
02-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Molten weapon and buccaneer armour stats are simply pathetic. I've got them equipped now because I've completed all quests and I'm lvl 21 but once the new cap comes, they'll be useless. Plz make them hav better stats or make them vanity. Thank u.

In new lvl cap they automaticly became better at lvl 25, till you get new end game gear :)