PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for REAL DM Style PvP and How To Count Kills

Hroovitnir
02-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Please make PvP kill credit dmg based!!!!! Kill shot based kills skew actual ability.
e.g. When I tank 2-3 players in a fight, everyone else dies but me and restarts. I hold it down till they get back still doing dmg and running around, they come back get 1 hit the person dies they get credit. They contributed to the fight none yet they get the kill count when I did all the dmg and have the skill. Kills Counts NEED to be dmg based, whoever does the most dmg gets the kill count.

I say we need a DM style PvP Arena, where all that matters is DEATH. Kills should be dmg based like in other MMO Arena type games instances. It should have a 1:1, 5:5, 10:10 area with the ability to go in with a preformed team in each. Also the ability to "duel" outside the Arenas might be a fun idea. CTF seems like it is geared toward PvE Hero's which is a sad way to play a game anyways it takes 0 skill to kill AI. PvP seperates the real players from the hobbyists as it takes knowledge of the math in the game e.g. dmg multipliers, dps, stat builds and how stats stack. PLEASE GIVE US REAL PVP!

spiderpig
02-08-2013, 09:52 PM
then again 1-2 hits from a rogue equals 10 to that of warrior.

you have a great idea but i dont think it would work.

i just can imagine if you are trying to chase someone trying to flee from combat then kill it and the name that would register is not yours since you did not deal enough damage in the first place and just had the last hit.that would be discouraging.

i think we just need to deal with the fact that

warriors are built to become great as tanks (altho there are a lot of emerging killer warriors already in game)

rogue are killers.they wont put 250% if they are not intended to finish everybody.

mages are great for heals and stuns.

if your intention is to play a real game of ctf and not just kill or get killed type we currently have now, having these three classes in a team and playing them in their intended roles will make that team very hard to beat.

Energizeric
02-08-2013, 11:51 PM
Please make PvP kill credit dmg based!!!!! Kill shot based kills skew actual ability.
e.g. When I tank 2-3 players in a fight, everyone else dies but me and restarts. I hold it down till they get back still doing dmg and running around, they come back get 1 hit the person dies they get credit. They contributed to the fight none yet they get the kill count when I did all the dmg and have the skill. Kills Counts NEED to be dmg based, whoever does the most dmg gets the kill count.

Ok, so I have some questions about this:

1) I got 1800 health, you hit me for 1700 health leaving me with 100 health left, but then I kill you. 10 seconds later another player comes along and finishes me off. Who gets the kill, you or the other player?

2) I got 1800 health, you hit me for 1700 health leaving me with 100 health left, but then I kill you. After killing you I heal myself up to 1500 health, then a rogue comes along and kills me with one hit. Who gets the kill?

3) One of your teammates (let's call him "X") hits me for 1700 health leaving me with 100 health left, but then I kill him. Then 2 more teammates of yours come along and I kill them both. By this time I'm healed up to 500 health, but then I come across you (at this point 2 minutes have elapsed since I killed X) and hit me for 500 health killing me. X hit me for 1700 health but it was 2 minutes ago. You hit me for only 500. Who gets the kill?

4) You hit me for 100 health leaving me with 1700 health left, and then I kill you. One of your teammates then comes along and hits me for 1600 health leaving me with 100 health left, but I kill him. Then I come across you again (your respawned after I killed you) and you finish me off for the last 100 health points and kill me. You caused 200 damage to me total between both battles, your teammate caused 1600 damage to me but I killed him. Who gets the kill?

My point is there are lots of situations you have to have rules for. Sounds a bit complicated to me.

spiderpig
02-09-2013, 10:18 AM
last hit is the name of the game.you just have to be good at it.i know a lot of rogues who couldnt score kills while there are many warriors who do it with ease.it depends on how you play your toon.i kill a lot myself but get killed a lot too.there are rogues out there who score kills a lot and dont die a lot so i know based on that fact i am doing something wrong that they are doing right.

i respect your idea.it makes the game better.

D-Zaak
02-09-2013, 08:23 PM
Ok, so I have some questions about this:

1) I got 1800 health, you hit me for 1700 health leaving me with 100 health left, but then I kill you. 10 seconds later another player comes along and finishes me off. Who gets the kill, you or the other player?

2) I got 1800 health, you hit me for 1700 health leaving me with 100 health left, but then I kill you. After killing you I heal myself up to 1500 health, then a rogue comes along and kills me with one hit. Who gets the kill?

3) One of your teammates (let's call him "X") hits me for 1700 health leaving me with 100 health left, but then I kill him. Then 2 more teammates of yours come along and I kill them both. By this time I'm healed up to 500 health, but then I come across you (at this point 2 minutes have elapsed since I killed X) and hit me for 500 health killing me. X hit me for 1700 health but it was 2 minutes ago. You hit me for only 500. Who gets the kill?

4) You hit me for 100 health leaving me with 1700 health left, and then I kill you. One of your teammates then comes along and hits me for 1600 health leaving me with 100 health left, but I kill him. Then I come across you again (your respawned after I killed you) and you finish me off for the last 100 health points and kill me. You caused 200 damage to me total between both battles, your teammate caused 1600 damage to me but I killed him. Who gets the kill?

My point is there are lots of situations you have to have rules for. Sounds a bit complicated to me.

Read the OP properly. It is damaged based, not kill based. In your scenarios, the last person would still be attributed the kill, but based on damage leaderboards, he will get 100 points while the teammate gets 1700 points. You just stop looking at kills and use the damage leaderboard as the main one for rewards.

I think this is fair because while rogues will get a large flurry of LB points from DPS, they will also die which wastes their time of respawning and running back to the battle. Warriors on the other hand will take long to accumulate damage points, but don't waste time respawning as they keep accumulating due to survival.

Mages lose out a bit here. They can avoiding dying with their healing abilities, and AOE damage will help as lower damage but sprread across multiple targets will stack their damage, but still they can't survive like warriors and would waste time like Rogues (not as much though).

Genuinous
02-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Just concentrate on lb for your own class and accept that kills is for rogues and carries is for warriors. Should rogues and mages come out to compain that they need extra health and extra armor so they can carry flags? No because it doesn't make sense. Just accept ctf as it is (give or take a bit) and if you want to go for kills then wait for pvp and not ctf. I wish there was a win lb, but then ppl would complain about that being abused as well..

gundamsone
02-09-2013, 08:39 PM
No mmos implement this b/c it never works out

As the user above me said, accept your class for what it's good at.
If you wish for more kills, then switch over to rogue.
If you wish for more flags, then stick with your war.
If you want a mix, then go with a sorcerer.

Energizeric
02-10-2013, 08:56 PM

You mean if I want neither LOL. Look at leaderboards....sorcerers got the least of both categories.

inkredible
02-12-2013, 06:55 PM
i agree with this, i find it kind of unfair sometimes how.. i did most damage.. and who ever the last person hit it.. get the kills.. really doesnt make sense lol

Vystirch
02-12-2013, 06:57 PM

You mean if I want neither LOL. Look at leaderboards....sorcerers got the least of both categories.

Well a mix will obviously not be the best in either category.
But mediocre in both.

gundamsone
02-12-2013, 08:30 PM

On top of being squishy, sorcorors to me are slow killers and not so good ksers.
Which makes them not a productive class in terms of kills/h etc.
This is not to say they are underpowered in a 1v1 situation.

Regarding LB's, there a few sorc's who seem to be on par with the rogues in kills.
For flags, we all know it's a tanks job and rogues have it easy with pierce.

Jessicazx
02-12-2013, 10:53 PM
No mmos implement this b/c it never works out

Not necessarily...