PDA

View Full Version : New Weps Weak?

Darkgenocide
02-07-2013, 03:35 PM
is it me or is this new armor and weps somewhat weak? I am wearing a lvl 21 Rare item better then the lvl 21 Warrior Buckeneer stuff... I was hopeing to actually be able to use the bow in pvp..

Reggin
02-07-2013, 04:28 PM
Yes... nothing to see here... move along...

Hadec
02-07-2013, 04:36 PM
geno arent they good?:/

Lesmiserables
02-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Along with the weak armour . lol .

Asahetek
02-07-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm disappointed yet again in the gear its worse then the villainous and heroic stuff and isn't usable the bows looked cool but they lower all my stats when compared to the wathcmen one.

stackz
02-07-2013, 04:55 PM
All plat purchase gear is weaker than elite drops. Nobody would farm hours on end buying reroll elixers if they could buy better store gear for cheaper...duh

TheMatrixMan
02-07-2013, 04:59 PM
Fashion over power!

Cero
02-07-2013, 05:55 PM
tested molten rifle.
from what ive observed

-dmg isnt bad even though its -8.6dmg from my stats with watch rifle.
-inconsistent normal attack dmg (100+ or 200+)skilldmg (300+ or 400+)
-the other thing i noticed is that the charge molten shot is inaccurate. it hits others which are further and misses.
-aoe seems sooo wide or doesnt work.
-normal attack seems faster than watch rifle.
- charge gunshot doesnt stun just aoe.

with this ill stay with watch rifle.

might be something wrong about it.
correct me if i got something wrong.

Asahetek
02-07-2013, 05:56 PM
I've never purchased plat and as for elixirs i think they are useless.

hotpimp
02-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Maybe sts should let techno release some weapons....

Limsi
02-07-2013, 06:47 PM
I yet have to see this in game, thanks for the comments :)

Crabmeat
02-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Lol, don't get upset just yet. This was just a expansion theme's gear, not the end-game stuff. Buccaneer is equivalent to steel soldier set, you can't compare it to Lv21 elites, ppl will use this set from lv22 to 25. Later at 26 switch to class specific (Agile for rogue) or end-game elites comparable to Demonlords. And Mythic/Arcane gears will surprise us just like the Watcher's.

Rollo
02-07-2013, 09:42 PM
Assuming there are even mythic/arcane armors and weapons, they might just be pets.

D-:
02-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Yes... nothing to see here... move along...

Edited by Justg... What a ninja.

Energizeric
02-08-2013, 12:57 AM
Yeah, I like the look of the new rifle, but the stats are inferior to the watch rifle. And with the watch rifle already being very cheap in the CS, I don't see anyone wanting this new gear.

Swede
02-08-2013, 01:40 AM
Assuming there are even mythic/arcane armors and weapons, they might just be pets.

There will be. They will not be easy to find though. Elite level Legendary will still be standard gear for high level players, Mythic and Arcane will be for the very lucky/dedicated.

We'll take a look at the Molten Rifle tomorrow and make sure it's equivalent to previous guns. It's meant to be different though, but of course not meant to be bad.

Cero
02-08-2013, 02:23 AM
There will be. They will not be easy to find though. Elite level Legendary will still be standard gear for high level players, Mythic and Arcane will be for the very lucky/dedicated.

We'll take a look at the Molten Rifle tomorrow and make sure it's equivalent to previous guns. It's meant to be different though, but of course not meant to be bad.

yay update for motlen rifle. i hope the charge molten rifle is like a charge fireball that can stun and does aoe:)

LwMark
02-08-2013, 02:23 AM
Finally some items that are goin to be super rare and not easily accessible. Please dont cry about it, like dragon gear,pleaseeee ;p

Genuinous
02-08-2013, 03:10 AM
I found that the accuracy on normal attack with the molten gun is awful. When I tried kiting instead of shooting a fireball behind me at the enemy it went straight ahead. Seemed that unless the opponent was very close to me, molten gun acted like a staff.

Could you please look into this as well? Anyone found the same thing?

venus15
02-08-2013, 03:14 AM
Nice post. I like it.

Prototypedwar
02-08-2013, 10:37 AM

could you do a elite quest (like in PL) with an arcane or mythic item as reward? it should be a very difficult quest, that only dedicated players can complete.

Samhayne
02-08-2013, 11:19 AM
All plat purchase gear is weaker than elite drops. Nobody would farm hours on end buying reroll elixers if they could buy better store gear for cheaper...duh

What stackz says is true. The store bought gear is designed to not be the very best in game. Initially, the Buccaneer Armor and Molten Weapons were designed to release with the Kraken Isles expansion and the level cap raise. They would probably be more interesting for end game players when they are playing through new levels. We brought these items out early to help raise awareness of the new campaign coming.

When I hear these complaints, I think that what you're really saying is "why isn't there a version of these items for me?" Maybe there should have been some one-off drops added to the elite bosses that use these new looks, that statistically would have been on par with the best stuff in game, for example.

I hope that makes sense as to why we put these items out.

Carapace
02-08-2013, 11:26 AM
Just an update on this. I've looked at the data and compared it to the previous rifle. Stat wise it should be more or less on par, if not identical in some cases. The major difference here is the "what is it doing?" question.

At a high level the single target fire does more single target damage then the charged does, and this is part of why you need to be facing your target to fire. When you charge the molten gun it will always do the AoE effect, but the damage dealt to each mob is going to be less, however with enough enemies the total damage may be more. It depends on your situation if you need focus fired attacks or an AoE spread to supplement your chosen skills as necessary. Any instances where the AoE has no visual is only a visual bug.

Having said that I did tighten up the damage window a bit (that sems a bit inconsistent), and you will see that next update.

BodMaster
02-08-2013, 12:21 PM
Ik the stats suck on the new bows, but is there a hidden proc with them?

I faced a player I usually have less trouble with that now owns one, and they were able to stun me for the whole duration of the fight. Does the stun last longer? Or something I'm missing?

Or was I just laggy as hell? Lol

Lady_Pebbles
02-08-2013, 01:09 PM
I think in general the weapons look great but from what I've seen, the stats aren't on-par with the other rifles. It seems that yall are putting more into the procs and effects of weapons & the dmg created by those effects/procs than the stats lately. Also with the visual bug of some passive skills, its kinda hard to see if the builds end up on-par with what we try to get to begin with.

Fyrce
02-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Haha. I love it.

If these plat items were as good as dropped items, people would complain about being able to buy best in game.

But they are not, so people are complaining about how wimpy the items are!

Love it!

BodMaster
02-08-2013, 02:54 PM
Haha. I love it.

If these plat items were as good as dropped items, people would complain about being able to buy best in game.

But they are not, so people are complaining about how wimpy the items are!

Love it!

The only downfall I see, is that no one really has an "aim" to get these. Meaning they are less desirable and quite useless in term of "use". (Obviously not "best" ingame as in dropped items)

Vanity wise these would have worked out, but with stats less than current no one's ever going to "strive" to get the sets.

I'll prob grab them when cheap in CS for my Collection as I'm a Horde xD But won't go out of my way to get them in the mean time.

wvhills
02-08-2013, 03:26 PM
we have to remember this is not elite gear. Of course level 21 non elite gear is going to be weaker than level 21 elite gear. It sure would be easier if it were better. Instead of spending hours in game farming for stuff I'd just plunk down the plat and buy the best gear.

BodMaster
02-08-2013, 03:40 PM
we have to remember this is not elite gear. Of course level 21 non elite gear is going to be weaker than level 21 elite gear. It sure would be easier if it were better. Instead of spending hours in game farming for stuff I'd just plunk down the plat and buy the best gear.

Not comparing Elite 21.

Comparing Watcher vs Molten at any lvl.

Atm there is no reason to switch, especially Twink wise.

MrFoster
02-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Great update :) I love my new town gear :P

Reggin
02-08-2013, 03:57 PM
Bod... watcher gear is elite... hence why it costs 15 plat to open the chests. Comparing molten to the steel commando stuff is the fair comparison. It's still junk though.

Samhayne
02-08-2013, 04:00 PM
The only downfall I see, is that no one really has an "aim" to get these. Meaning they are less desirable and quite useless in term of "use". (Obviously not "best" ingame as in dropped items)

Vanity wise these would have worked out, but with stats less than current no one's ever going to "strive" to get the sets.

I'll prob grab them when cheap in CS for my Collection as I'm a Horde xD But won't go out of my way to get them in the mean time.

BodMaster, just a point of clarification. There are still plenty of people who might be interested in this gear, as not everyone playing Arcane Legends has made it to the end cap or has Elite Legendary Gear in every slot. Just because you don't find it the best for your character doesn't mean that someone else might.

Vanity versions of the Pirate Gear is currently planned for after the expansion as we get closer to the next level cap raise for Arcane.

wvhills
02-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Not comparing Elite 21.

Comparing Watcher vs Molten at any lvl.

Atm there is no reason to switch, especially Twink wise.

i considered watcher gear elite. I just hope the level 26 elite gear in the new campaign is better than the level 26 agile ranger gear. I'm getting tired of farming jarl whenever a new map comes out. Lol.

Samhayne
02-08-2013, 04:03 PM
i considered watcher gear elite. I just hope the level 26 elite gear in the new campaign is better than the level 26 agile ranger gear. I'm getting tired of farming jarl whenever a new map comes out. Lol.

The team is pretty bored of farming Jarl too. I expect that while Elite Jarl might still be fun and possibly rewarding in the Kraken Isles expansion at 26, there will likely be incentives and loot distribution that makes farming other areas equally, or more, interesting.

razerfingers
02-08-2013, 04:10 PM
The team is pretty bored of farming Jarl too. I expect that while Elite Jarl might still be fun and possibly rewarding in the Kraken Isles expansion at 26, there will likely be incentives and loot distribution that makes farming other areas equally, or more, interesting.

I find its not that they prefer jarl its that he's less of a walk and or fight to get to than the others. So more people farm jarl in the long run if that makes any sense.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Carapace
02-08-2013, 04:14 PM
I find its not that they prefer jarl its that he's less of a walk and or fight to get to than the others. So more people farm jarl in the long run if that makes any sense.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

As a gamer myself I concur with this statement. He is the quickest path of least resistance, but new loot distribution in the new campaign should shift the farming around a little bit without removing too much from those who love their Jarl!

octavos
02-08-2013, 04:24 PM
As a gamer myself I concur with this statement. He is the quickest path of least resistance, but new loot distribution in the new campaign should shift the farming around a little bit without removing too much from those who love their Jarl!

I have a few opinions of current conversations.
1. In the new areas, I love to see more timed dungeons..more enemies in a confined area. My guild loved doing many runs in W4 and T4..till they get burn out from doing it so much XD

2.Now elite jarl thats a touchy subject cara, My guild does many runs...maybe if you make the maps like jarl in certain levels of kraken isles would help with the distribution your talkin about. ppl would farm both places, and yes no-one wants to spends loads of time in elite :) guess thats why (The Dev's) are doing it too.

The team is pretty bored of farming Jarl too

3.As for the new stuff in the store, im glad it isn't the best. I got them to try out to see what my twinks could do...not the best, but better then commando in certain aspects. (comparing apples to apples)

4. Another thing thats is still popular was to farm pets doing daily missions, hope kraken isles has some of those :)

BodMaster
02-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Personally don't consider paying 15 Plat to get Watchers "Elite".

Elite 21 "Best" I'd still put on 16 Elite (21 scaled), Demonlord gear.

Only reason Watcher Rifle/Bow is usable/desirable is that it's only Plat obtained. (Originally, before CS)

However even comparison to Watcher gear, it had become cheaper than any gear in a few days, then went up and down from there, unlike the people trying to make their "millions" from this gear atm.

On the contrary, I wasn't expecting or ever crossed my mind of Molten to reach "Elite" status, but currently seems no use except wearing around town for new outfits. (Anyone being an AL player is able to obtain far better gear for cheaper price)

@26 Farming Jarl... Bleh.

Can you at least lower the stats so they don't become so desirable and easy to obtain being the same or close to the same as Demonlord/Blackbeard gear :p

The reason Jarl is being farmed is due to such low stats in the Demonlord and Jarl 30-45s - Tower 2-4mins.

If I'm made to wear "Agile" another Cap I might just lose the plot.

Reggin
02-08-2013, 04:41 PM
They should make elite jarl like 10x harder in the expansion to catch people by surprise

Energizeric
02-08-2013, 06:26 PM
I think the reason why very few people are interested in the molten weapons is the timing. Because we are so late in this campaign, most players have managed to achieve decent end-game gear. If this were released instead right after the new campaign, then people would be buying this in level 25/26 trim and the stats would be better than their level 21 gear just because of the 5 level increase in the stats. Then people would use this gear to farm until they can obtain their level 26 elite gear. So I wouldn't count these weapons out just yet, but I would wait until I reach level 25 before buying those chests.

And regarding Jarl farming, is it STS's plan to always discontinue elite gear from old campaigns? For example, will we now be looking at Elite III Chests and Elite Banded II Chests that only give level 25/26 elite gear? I always found it fun in PL to farm for lower twink gear, even when I was at higher levels. It created a nice market for twinks, and made it possible to merch these older items as they had not been discontinued and there was always a steady supply of new items. In AL it seems like the market for these older items (currently level 15/16 pinks) is pretty dead as there is very little supply and obviously no new items dropping.

BodMaster
02-08-2013, 07:45 PM
All I'd suggest is keep your Elite gear (or even stock up), if you plan on either Twinking or want to gain a large substantial amount of profit later in the new expansion.

Jarl III runs confirmation is a bit of a "downer".

51/56 Cap. "Anyone wanna run Jarl?"

Roberto077
02-08-2013, 09:49 PM
Maybe sts should let techno release some weapons....
Lol, good one. After the Fbows, no more.

Energizeric
02-08-2013, 11:43 PM
51/56 Cap. "Anyone wanna run Jarl?"

I don't mind Jarl continuing to be there, but he should drop the chests he dropped from the original cap. In PL I can still do shadow runs, but the bosses still drop lvl50 gear, there's no death set scalled to level 75.

BodMaster
02-09-2013, 12:06 AM
I don't mind Jarl continuing to be there, but he should drop the chests he dropped from the original cap. In PL I can still do shadow runs, but the bosses still drop lvl50 gear, there's no death set scalled to level 75.

Well I knew they'd be there but since it will be Elite III they are going to be Lvl 16 Cap scaled to 26. Even if they do add "slightly better" gear elsewhere peeps gonna be farming Jarl > Tower/Blackbeard or Kraken.

Waiting game I guess, but if Jarl overcomes all I can see people getting pretty bored quick.

Cero
02-09-2013, 04:41 AM
Just an update on this. I've looked at the data and compared it to the previous rifle. Stat wise it should be more or less on par, if not identical in some cases. The major difference here is the "what is it doing?" question.

At a high level the single target fire does more single target damage then the charged does, and this is part of why you need to be facing your target to fire. When you charge the molten gun it will always do the AoE effect, but the damage dealt to each mob is going to be less, however with enough enemies the total damage may be more. It depends on your situation if you need focus fired attacks or an AoE spread to supplement your chosen skills as necessary. Any instances where the AoE has no visual is only a visual bug.

Having said that I did tighten up the damage window a bit (that sems a bit inconsistent), and you will see that next update.

its unfair to see that charge molten gun doesnt do any stun like rogue's molten bow.

i would love to use it for it has a decent damage.

pls give charge molten rifle a stun effect.