PDA

View Full Version : omg real voice on game!!!

Elf-Orc-Naga
02-08-2013, 05:52 AM
i dont know where to post this but i played order chaos today just logged in for a while and they have the capability to exchange voices! yes you can talk to the group while playing not only chatting... i can see the future trend of mmo.. im excited for sts to challenge same/better thing :)

MightyMicah
02-08-2013, 06:16 AM
Nice! I look forward to this as well...uh, to some extent anyways. Them 12 year old boys will get to me...

Blind
02-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Then every kid will be able to hear my badass Russian accent and be afraid. Hahaha.

seriously though that would be cool.

Noodleleg
02-08-2013, 07:37 AM
Ready to see many "girls" quit...

Oldcoot
02-08-2013, 08:15 AM
That would be cool, for about 5 min. Then having to read and hear "can I have 5k?" Might be to much.

KnightSkye
02-08-2013, 08:25 AM
Great addition to have, although perhaps only with friends or parties. Having it in PvP would have .... interesting results xD and having it in Townes would be mayhem

Cavoc
02-08-2013, 08:28 AM
I've brought up voice chat a few times, but never much of a response. I think manly because you can't censor it.

cookiez
02-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Ready to see many "girls" quit...

My thoughts lol

Doodlebeast
02-08-2013, 09:08 AM
I wouldn't want it in pvp.. Eeeekkk

Matutd
02-08-2013, 09:30 AM
If it's only to your party, then yes. "I'm merchant, I buy discounted pinks" annoys me enough already. If I can actually hear the prepubescent kids shouting it, I'm going to get incredibly frustrated

Slant
02-08-2013, 09:33 AM
I thought they left it out on purpose

Kraoracha
02-08-2013, 09:34 AM
I believe mods responded to this request already once in chat, they could not check what was said so they were not going to do voice chat.

Griffinfan
02-08-2013, 09:39 AM
Pvp would be hectic with that.

Justg
02-08-2013, 09:43 AM
Indeed. It is challenging to moderate a game where we log all chat. It would be _impossible_ to moderate a game with just voice-chat.

Kraoracha
02-08-2013, 09:46 AM
I wondered who it was that already answered it in chat, guess it was you, JustG?

JaytB
02-08-2013, 09:49 AM
I believe mods responded to this request already once in chat, they could not check what was said so they were not going to do voice chat.

How about every team conversation is recorded temporarily? During the conversation, or after the run is done, people can report it. If nobody reports the comversation, it's deleted. If someone does report, it'll be kept for review by STS.

I'm not sure how the age rating would be influenced by all this though. Maybe provide legal proof that you are above a certain age before the feature is activated could help.

I'd really love to have voice chat. I have discussed this many times with a lot of friends in game. And, although most of us agreed we'd never see this happen, we all agreed it would be the coolest feature ever.

XghostzX
02-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Indeed. It is challenging to moderate a game where we log all chat. It would be _impossible_ to moderate a game with just voice-chat.

Enable it with only parties then (you'd have to implement this in to the games). The players can have the option to turn voice chat on/off... Char is always there, too.

Kraoracha
02-08-2013, 09:51 AM
I know in other games there was another tool that you could use outside the game to talk to team members, by being in the same chat room, guess with a phone or tablet this could be tricky, tho.

Doodlebeast
02-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Lmao imagine them spamming you noob.

Kraoracha
02-08-2013, 10:27 AM
That was the thing we used, teamspeak, couldnt remember the name, lol.

Kraoracha
02-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Yes I remember people getting kicked out of teamspeak when they crossed the line, by moderators there.

DocDoBig
02-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Lol , i remember i tried to skype while playing PL once , it followed Massive ultra mega lag.

Walkhardd
02-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Team only chat would be cool.

angeldawn
02-08-2013, 11:14 AM
I play other MMOs (on pc) where voice chat is integrated in the game.

These games use voice chat only when u are in a team or party. This eliminates the merching chat and spamming some of you are worried about.

If there is an additional age requirement maybe they can use an age verification to open the account an then that will enable the voice chat.

As for monitoring the chat, I agree with JayTB's idea. I think keeping the chat for a specific time then deleting if no one reports could work. There could also be new report options to direct the devs where to look.
Report inappropriate Voice chat.

I talk on the phone all the time when playing games. It's so much fun!! I love it. We have also done several group calls during PVP and CTF it adds another dynamic to the game.

Itoopeo
02-08-2013, 11:23 AM
In SL PL and DL it could work like if you are close enough you can her that guy speaking. So if you are in full PL base you dont need to listen everyone spam everything. 30guys speaking same time .. Uh oh not funny. Also in AL that party smalltalk is good. Also in STS new game after AL (Gladiator legends) should have voice chat as stock so no need to add later. Needs a lot work but STS games will intrest more people and they will sell more plat (wink wink, devs. Plat=money).
Also they should allow us turn camera around in AL.

LwMark
02-08-2013, 01:35 PM
In SL PL and DL it could work like if you are close enough you can her that guy speaking. So if you are in full PL base you dont need to listen everyone spam everything. 30guys speaking same time .. Uh oh not funny. Also in AL that party smalltalk is good. Also in STS new game after AL (Gladiator legends) should have voice chat as stock so no need to add later. Needs a lot work but STS games will intrest more people and they will sell more plat (wink wink, devs. Plat=money).
Also they should allow us turn camera around in AL.

Gladiator legends? Where do tgey talk about that at?

Vystirch
02-08-2013, 01:42 PM
Great addition to have, although perhaps only with friends or parties. Having it in PvP would have .... interesting results xD and having it in Townes would be mayhem

I wouldn't want it in pvp.. Eeeekkk

If it was in PvP I would just assume it was for only your team.

It's is why I'd recommend using Skype in the background of whatever device you are useing. This way it is only friends and it can be used on any of sts platforms.

BodMaster
02-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Team/Group chat would be perfect.

But as in new generation having it intergrated into the game is handy, however if you have the know how, just get TeamSpeak and you're laughing. (PwnieSpeak ftw)

ArtofWar
02-08-2013, 02:09 PM
Would be awesome in PvP :3 you could hear how the kids cry after they failed rushing you :3

Slant
02-08-2013, 03:20 PM
lol just give positional audio, lag in pvp was a more likely reason... if that is possible then make it a guild only subscription feature
did not expect moderation to be a problem
there is nothing to stop players or pvpers from skype or teamspeak, or other arrangements
at least put it up on the whiteboard

iRusher
02-08-2013, 07:29 PM
That's one of the things I like about order and chaos.

I think sts should bring a few things that we see in othe MMO's such as, Voice Chat, Mounts, Specail PVP gear, and finally a team thing.

gison
02-09-2013, 01:49 AM
Gladiator legends? Where do tgey talk about that at?

They don't, lol.

He probably heard some rumor ;)

BodMaster
02-09-2013, 02:08 AM
They don't, lol.

He probably heard some rumor ;)

SL 2.0 -.-

I'm still rooting for Leisure Suit Larry Legends myself tho.

gison
02-09-2013, 02:09 AM
SL 2.0 -.-

I'm still rooting for Leisure Suit Larry Legends myself tho.

Devs said Studly Legends is still in progress ;)

BodMaster
02-09-2013, 02:14 AM
Devs said Studly Legends is still in progress ;)

Damn forgot all about that! Lmao

Now I'm just spoilt for choice.. :O

Aslong as they have buried the idea about Western Legends I'm good. (Cowboy and Indians for those that hadn't heard)

LwMark
02-09-2013, 10:30 AM
Grand theft legends

gison
02-09-2013, 11:49 PM
Damn forgot all about that! Lmao

Now I'm just spoilt for choice.. :O

Aslong as they have buried the idea about Western Legends I'm good. (Cowboy and Indians for those that hadn't heard)

Lol. I think we all know Western Legends never caught on :o

Kiwihawk
02-10-2013, 03:48 AM
Ahhh good old hank lol

Doodlebeast
02-10-2013, 05:23 AM
Doodle legends plox :3

BadWolf
02-10-2013, 06:36 AM
AL should definitely implement this in-game, at least just for guilds maybe?

Elf-Orc-Naga
02-11-2013, 04:27 AM
As far as moderation, being pretty much a VOIP player for a decade now...you'd be surprised how polite people are in voice chat. I would say the flaming in text chatting is probably at least 10 times worse compared to voice. Besides, you can mute people in VOIP too, and hosts can boot people too just like in a forum. That's why many MMO players prefer voice chatting over text, this effectively filters out the trolls as most trolls are afraid to "speak", their insecurity takes over. In fact, most decent guilds usually conduct voice interviews, that's the norm nowadays. because talking in voice in itself is already a form of moderation :D People are nicer when they're actually spontaneously talking to each other. Though the main issue in voice is that it's too spontaneous, people will rage and get their emotions get the better of them...not troll...more like human anger (LOL!)...this is usually the common reason people get booted out of channels...but when people cool down, it's all good...just like in real life setting.
thanks for the comment. i know im a bit late lol. i meant future sts mmo hahaha. this feature will only be turned on within a team.. so i think building a team function like in arcane should be first implmented...
well i really appreciated all for having good discussion about this. if others can do, why not sts? :)