PDA

View Full Version : Mounts & Inspecting

Mcpastry
09-26-2010, 03:16 PM
1. Mounts

Well, I know this is getting too much WoW, however, I would like to suggest that mounts be available through Platinum. ( e.g. 10 Platinum ) This would, not only speed things up a little but also it would generate lots of money for Spacetime. :eek:

2. Inspecting

As a newb, I am always having to ask, " What's that weapon? " or " Is that Mynas Helm of Thoth? " A solution for this is to be able to inspect other player's. One way you could do this is if you clicked on a certain piece of equipment, a statistic box including the name and stats would come up.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-26-2010, 03:37 PM
1.) what are mounts?

2.) sure, I like the idea

flaimdude
09-26-2010, 03:47 PM
1.) what are mounts?

Mounts are animals you can ride and generally go faster on. :)

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-26-2010, 03:49 PM
Mounts are animals you can ride and generally go faster on. :)

Oh k

/10chars

Banned
09-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Don't see the use in mounts anymore. After all, we do have speed elixers.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-26-2010, 03:59 PM
Don't see the use in mounts anymore. After all, we do have speed elixers.

He's new here, banned.

Read the thread carefully next time...

Banned
09-26-2010, 04:02 PM
He's new here, banned.

Read the thread carefully next time...

What the hell are you talking about?

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-26-2010, 04:04 PM
What the hell are you talking about?

2. Inspecting

As a newb, I am always having to ask, " What's that weapon? " or " Is that Mynas Helm of Thoth? " A solution for this is to be able to inspect other player's. One way you could do this is if you clicked on a certain piece of equipment, a statistic box including the name and stats would come up.

This...

/10chars

Cascade
09-26-2010, 04:05 PM
That has nothing to do with what banned said lol maybe you should read posts carefully lol

Banned
09-26-2010, 04:06 PM
This...

/10chars

So what does him being a "newb" have anything to do with what I said about mounts?

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-26-2010, 04:07 PM
That has nothing to do with what banned said lol maybe you should read posts carefully lol

So what does him being a "newb" have anything to do with what I said about mounts?

You don't understand

He said to him that he could just use speed elixirs, but he's new here so he most likely doesn't know what speed elixirs are

Banned
09-26-2010, 04:11 PM
You don't understand

He said to him that he could just use speed elixirs, but he's new here so he most likely doesn't know what speed elixirs are

Should I just lie and say "Hey, mounts are a fabulous idea! We totally DON'T have any other method of increasing our speed."

Seriously, make some sense, yo.

Raxie
09-26-2010, 04:20 PM
i like #2.

Arterra
09-26-2010, 04:27 PM
#2 works, i agree

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-26-2010, 07:07 PM
Should I just lie and say "Hey, mounts are a fabulous idea! We totally DON'T have any other method of increasing our speed."

Seriously, make some sense, yo.

You should at least explain what speed elixirs are, instead of just saying," OH! We can just use speed elixirs!!!"

First, I know that wasn't exactly what you said, and second, if someone just says that you can farm a certain item at a certain campaign, and you didnt know where, you would be lost.

Seriously, try to explain things to newbs, yo.

Arterra
09-26-2010, 07:41 PM
You should at least explain what speed elixirs are, instead of just saying," OH! We can just use speed elixirs!!!"

First, I know that wasn't exactly what you said, and second, if someone just says that you can farm a certain item at a certain campaign, and you didnt know where, you would be lost.

ok im in this argument...

yea, he could be more helpful, but if he isnt oh well. someone else be helpful later on in post. otherwise THIS whole argument happens.

Mcpastry
09-26-2010, 11:40 PM
Lol, I know what speed Elixirs are.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Lol, I know what speed Elixirs are.

Cool!

/10chars

Mcpastry
09-26-2010, 11:45 PM
Just a heads up to stop getting off topic about such a minor detail.

LIGHTNINGLORD67
09-26-2010, 11:47 PM
Just a heads up to stop getting off topic about such a minor detail.

Sorry.

/10chars

Mcpastry
09-27-2010, 03:05 AM
Also, in my opinion, I don't want to spend 1500 gold on speed elixirs all the time, as in the long run, it would add up.

I would rather just spend the 10 platinum for unlimited speed.

icantgetkills
09-27-2010, 03:23 AM
Yes but wouldnt u rather buy the mount with plat i would rather spend 10 plat on a mount they can use in most places then a elixir that ur need every townie you change

icantgetkills
09-27-2010, 03:28 AM
Dude woops I just replied with that to banned rofl yer ikr 1500 to move from townie 2 townie.... Mounts FTW either mounts or pets and mounts I prefer mounts over pets

Arterra
09-27-2010, 06:34 AM
I would enjoy items that raise your "lightness", a effect called feather. A full set would get you to x2 speed max.
However they have horrendous other stats, so no dungeon runs in them lol.

Banned
09-27-2010, 07:22 AM

Why would I do that? He wanted opinions on the idea, and I gave him one. I'm not here to spoon feed information to everyone that walks in.

And don't you dare EVER try and tell me what content my post should contain. We clear on that, Lightning? I don't go into your threads and say "Hey Lightning, next time you decide to post, remove the bitch. You sound like a pre-pubesent boy that just got molested by a pack of cackling hyenas."

bmc85uk
09-27-2010, 12:28 PM
I like mounts, but I just don't see a need for any form of semi-permanent run-speed increase in PL such as mounts or speed boots. Maps simply aren't, and probably never will be big enough for it to be a problem. Aside from that, mounts just mean more polygons to render on already strained devices, just for items that provide relatively little to the players.

As far as inspecting inventory goes, I'm sure it'll make it in to PL eventually, but the sooner the better IMO.

setec
10-04-2010, 01:07 AM
I don't want to use a mount to run from Towne to Towne. No way. Hated that in WoW. So much time lost.

However, couple of things on speed:

A) Wouldn't mind a 50% or so increase in speed when in a Towne. Get to those NPCs fast and back into a map.

B) Maybe there could be some sort of spell that a non-Mage could cast on a dead player to give them a temporary mount. When they resurrect at the beginning of the map, they are automatically on this mount for xx seconds to get back to the action faster. This wouldn't make sense for a mage to have because they have the rez spell. Anyway, just an idea.