PDA

View Full Version : Rogues heal skill.

Bless
02-08-2013, 11:20 AM
Lets look at the class heal skills:

Warrior: Heal over time. 2second invincibility.
Mage: Average heal, mana heal rox
Rogue: Drops heal packs which you have to run over to and PICK UP. Bunch of heal effects.

The warriors heal is a clear winner, the mages heal is useful too because of the mana. Rogues definitely needs tweaking. In Pvp it's a stupid concept to pick up the packs, they're spread out far and if you're in an emergency, you'll die before you hit the packs.

Secondly, it's difficult to pick up packs, you have to stand on top :/ I mean come on if your investing points into it, then you should get it's benifits

My suggestion To the devs: Make the heal skill for rogues self heals like warriors.

Samhayne
02-08-2013, 11:27 AM
I dunno. On my rogue I drop my packs early. I also have the skill where charged heal pack skill use gives me heal over time.

Use it early (like just before the clash as you see them coming in). That way your teammates also know that packs are down. If the team focus fires them instead of you, they'll know they can go for a pack too.

Remember, it is CTF, not 1v1. Teamwork can be powerful.

Reggin
02-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Actually, if you invest points in the rogue heal skill, it's by far the best in the game... charged drops three packs that heal a PERCENTAGE of health, not a set amount. Grabbing those three packs is an instant heal to full... not to mention the added HOT and self heal.

In pve, a heal spec rogue is far more effective at keeping a tank alive in elite areas than any other class... it's just not that great in pvp since you need to time it better and account for picking up the packs.

Besides... it's a rogue... You should just be thankful it even gets a heal!

Bless
02-08-2013, 11:35 AM
I dunno. On my rogue I drop my packs early. I also have the skill where charged heal pack skill use gives me heal over time.

Use it early (like just before the clash as you see them coming in). That way your teammates also know that packs are down. If the team focus fires them instead of you, they'll know they can go for a pack too.

Remember, it is CTF, not 1v1. Teamwork can be powerful. I do try doin that but it's really quite impossible if youre stunned and then before ya know it you're dead.

@reggin

I'm surprised warriors have heal lol, 2k+ Hp :)

BodMaster
02-08-2013, 11:57 AM
I think Sam means when you know there's going to be a confrontations just put down those health packs ready.

Sure no way of knowing exactly when to, but guess that's part of the gamble. From the builds or general speculation of Health pack users they also add extra HP through gear/might sure you drop a lil in DPS/Dmg but being kept alive that little longer if a Dagger user can help tremendously with the back up of using Health packs efficiently.

Full dmg bow user, and it seems less effective, and better to concentrate on higher Mana, than Str for full on confrontation. The only use you will find is having it to keep you death rate a lil lower going off to heal in a corner etc.

Reggin
02-08-2013, 12:13 PM
I do try doin that but it's really quite impossible if youre stunned and then before ya know it you're dead.

@reggin

I'm surprised warriors have heal lol, 2k+ Hp :)[/QUOTE]

Due to the lack of a dedicated healing class and the fact that PvE exists, it's quite clear why a tank needs to be able to self heal... without it, tanking wouldn't be remotely possible without pot spamming.

Darkgenocide
02-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Besides... it's a rogue... You should just be thankful it even gets a heal!

lol RIGHT! I have NEVER played a game where a Rogue does Magic Heals...Rogues are usually never even granted Magical abilitys

Vystirch
02-08-2013, 01:19 PM

Remember, it is CTF, not 1v1. Teamwork can be powerful.

I think same that you are right that the packs are fine. But I think they are just a it sticky.... I've stood over one for 2seconds in a battle and have it not picked up, granted this is an exceedingly rarer amount of time to pick one up, but you get my point. The packs should pick up easier.

Energizeric
02-08-2013, 06:34 PM
I do try doin that but it's really quite impossible if youre stunned and then before ya know it you're dead.

That goes for all heal skills. I can't use my heal either if I'm stunned.

Bless
02-08-2013, 06:36 PM
My point:

Why the hassle of actually RUNNING and picking em up?

wowdah
02-09-2013, 10:45 PM
Well I think it's very balanced with all the classes, rogues got damage, sorcerers got stunning, and warriors got stayin' alive. It's a nice set-up, and hopefully it won't change.

hippl
02-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Well I think it's very balanced with all the classes, rogues got damage, sorcerers got stunning, and warriors got stayin' alive. It's a nice set-up, and hopefully it won't change.

warriors have all of of these: damage (can kill rogue with top set or mage in 2 seconds, and even kill a bunch of rogues/mages with vengeful blood+windmill), they are good with stunning, you can't run off from warrior, and with all this warriors have 1.8x hp/armor if to compare with rogues/mages

hopefully it will be changed

Chickenrunnn
02-10-2013, 05:42 AM
With the healing packs, add mana packs :stupid: :vlol:

Heiki
02-11-2013, 04:28 AM
My point:

Why the hassle of actually RUNNING and picking em up?

Because it's like that, and that's the way it is.

Just practice stacking them on walls and voila, 100% health again.

Vilified
02-12-2013, 03:33 AM
warriors have all of of these: damage (can kill rogue with top set or mage in 2 seconds, and even kill a bunch of rogues/mages with vengeful blood+windmill), they are good with stunning, you can't run off from warrior, and with all this warriors have 1.8x hp/armor if to compare with rogues/mages

First if you know how you CAN run from a warrior, and once you figure that out their other advantages aren't very good.

Bless
02-12-2013, 11:29 AM

First if you know how you CAN run from a warrior, and once you figure that out their other advantages aren't very good. they can easily stun u and some have snare on windmill