PDA

View Full Version : What other silly rumors / superstitions should be squashed?

Samhayne
02-08-2013, 12:59 PM
Opening chests does not change or affect what drops from the boss.

We're going to put an in-game tip (the tips you see at random when you open the menu) in that says this.

What other rumors could use an in-game tip to squash?

octavos
02-08-2013, 01:18 PM
-elixers stack?!?! and how shazbot or any other allie work..if u open up and already have an existing elix in use

-popular scams that ppl should watch for

-a gift..is exactly that a gift..not a scamm...but don't expect it back

-always double check your trades before you hit the final button.

-talk like a child, be treated like one..respect fellow gamers

-ignore and report are your best friend..use them..thats why they are there

-To test your skills solo..just ask a buddy to help you out...Join a party :)

-there will be arcane/mythic items in-game that drop in the world..not only plat versions

SuRfY
02-08-2013, 01:23 PM
"Arcane items are exceedingly rare"

LwMark
02-08-2013, 01:31 PM
All the aboves are great

Fyrce
02-08-2013, 02:18 PM
Generally whatever someone is wearing, they probably want to keep it so a random offer w/o even stating what you are offering is just plain rude.

Plat and plat items are not tradeable.

Story tokens are not tradeable.

Hauntlet coins are not tradeable.

Don't forget:
If you throw your idevice just BEFORE the boss dies, then shake it vigorously AS the boss dies, you will definitely get a gold chest!

BodMaster
02-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Don't forget:
If you throw your idevice just BEFORE the boss dies, then shake it vigorously AS the boss dies, you will definitely get a gold chest!

Hmm, I thought it was;

If you throw your iDevice hard enough at a concrete wall as the boss dies, Droid users are guaranteed a Watcher Chest holding a HammerJaw.

Nihiliste
02-08-2013, 02:31 PM
You should put tips in PL of all the current possible scams so low levels will be aware.

BodMaster
02-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Actually, the only other I have heard is;

You can get Coltons/HammerJaw (Rare pets) very rarely from shooting cannons in Kragg.

Uzii
02-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Hmm, I thought it was;

If you throw your iDevice hard enough at a concrete wall as the boss dies, Droid users are guaranteed a Watcher Chest holding a HammerJaw.

Lol i tought im guaranteed a very expensive phone purchase that can be comparable to hammerjaw expensivity. So lol yeah u get ur "hammerjaw" :tongue:

Lowlyspy
02-08-2013, 03:40 PM
-elixers stack?!?! and how shazbot or any other allie work..if u open up and already have an existing elix in use

-popular scams that ppl should watch for

-a gift..is exactly that a gift..not a scamm...but don't expect it back

-always double check your trades before you hit the final button.

-talk like a child, be treated like one..respect fellow gamers

-ignore and report are your best friend..use them..thats why they are there

-To test your skills solo..just ask a buddy to help you out...Join a party :)

-there will be arcane/mythic items in-game that drop in the world..not only plat versions

Can we please get a thank button on mobile dang it?!

Arcanee
02-08-2013, 04:03 PM

You can get Coltons/HammerJaw (Rare pets) very rarely from shooting cannons in Kragg. Yeah does anything but 1gold drop from cannon sam?

razerfingers
02-08-2013, 05:44 PM
A buddy of mine. A whole day we went about clicking the arrow to see the messages and screenshot them posted on facebook and tagged eachother if they applied to us. It was fun lol

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Samhayne
02-08-2013, 05:58 PM
Can we please get a thank button on mobile dang it?!

Chrome browser is that-a-way --> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.android.chrome

iRusher
02-08-2013, 07:56 PM
Make one for craps and giggles, like...Donkey Teeth are potato salad nuts.

Chaim Nail
02-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Make one for craps and giggles, like...Donkey Teeth are potato salad nuts.

And: If you unscrew your bellybutton your bum doesn't fall off.

Patricks
02-08-2013, 09:34 PM

You can get Coltons/HammerJaw (Rare pets) very rarely from shooting cannons in Kragg.

LOL. I originally said this as a joke about Colton to someone in a public chat a while ago and it spread rather quickly as a false rumor, as ive gotten quite a few random PMs trying to confirm the validity of this. Sometimes people catch tidbits of joking conversations and take it as fact and that is how rumors spread. I guess hammerjaw got roped into it too like a game of telephone, but i said this long before hammerjaw existed. Pretty funny tho.

BodMaster
02-08-2013, 09:42 PM
LOL. I originally said this as a joke about Colton to someone in a public chat a while ago and it spread rather quickly as a false rumor, as ive gotten quite a few random PMs trying to confirm the validity of this. Sometimes people catch tidbits of joking conversations and take it as fact and that is how rumors spread. I guess hammerjaw got roped into it too like a game of telephone, but i said this long before hammerjaw existed. Pretty funny tho.

Lol, I know someone else who said it to see if people would react cough** Crithappenz Aka Matutd **cough. The next minute have people in general chat asking how many times they need to shoot the cannon before they get the pet.

Did make me giggle at the time tho.

The whole "Don't open chests!" deal, is on another level tho. (Peeps seriously freak out about that, even after confirmation saying it doesn't effect Boss drop rate)

Liquid Ice
02-09-2013, 08:27 AM
What "plat exclusive" really means. Frost is listed in the stable as a plat exclusive, yet I got him from Klaas. Does this then mean I can get Ripmaw?

Arcanee
02-09-2013, 11:25 AM
If you collet many Elite chest and open them all up at the same time will it give more pinks???

xcainnblecterx
02-09-2013, 11:32 AM
If you collet many Elite chest and open them all up at the same time will it give more pinks???

I'm not sure if this is true but apparently I've heard that if you collect some chests and then open it rather than opening it one by one as soon as you get it, there is a higher chance of receiving a pink. If this is true, this assumes that when a chest is obtained, what is actually inside it changes over time. I tried this when the level 21 cap update for the first time collected 8 silvers and for the first time ever I received two awesome pinks, (vorpal sword of tactics sold for 250k and mighty heartseekers of brutality sold for 640k). During the level 16 cap, I literally went through about 45 elites straight, dropped 1 frikin legendary item lol.

I'm not sure if this is mere coincidence or if this is actually the case.

Yea wanna see this stopped before it escalates

Arcanee
02-09-2013, 12:44 PM
This has been escalated lol

xcainnblecterx
02-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Escalated?

Matutd
02-10-2013, 03:40 PM

Lol, I know someone else who said it to see if people would react cough** Crithappenz Aka Matutd **cough. The next minute have people in general chat asking how many times they need to shoot the cannon before they get the pet.

Did make me giggle at the time tho.

The whole "Don't open chests!" deal, is on another level tho. (Peeps seriously freak out about that, even after confirmation saying it doesn't effect Boss drop rate)
Now why would I make up silly rumours like that? Good to see that it spread well though. :p

Valsacar
02-10-2013, 04:16 PM
The chests is really the only thing I've seen. I love when half the group rage quits over it, and then the two remaining guys get elite golds!

Worst I've had is a guy that complained the whole way up the tower about the chests, waited until the boss was almost dead (he was the tank) and dragged the boss back to spawn before rage quitting.

asifaiab
02-10-2013, 04:18 PM
http://s1168.photobucket.com/albums/r496/skymodgamemasterz/?action=view&current=9e4828fca2a8d0c094f98b5e5f092380_zps0090dd d1.jpg&evt=user_media_share
http://s1168.photobucket.com/albums/r496/skymodgamemasterz/?action=view&current=11a333e395b1d2cf00be7762959d8063_zpsd77321 ef.jpg&evt=user_media_share
2/10/13
the warrior raged, and the rouge quit
i wonder how the chests boss thing started?

Valsacar
02-10-2013, 04:24 PM
It started in PL, and still hasn't died.