PDA

View Full Version : Wow, is i really that hard ?

Hroovitnir
02-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Ok, so I KNOW I'm not the only person with this problem because I've talked to about 20+ people in game with it. WHY ARENT ELITE BOSSES SPAWNING!?!?!?!?! Do you know how many elite areas I've run through time after time to have no boss spawn but Jarl. They need to get rid of this crap about having to kill a "spawn" monster to get these bosses up. If you go in the instance every boss should auto populate, because I'm VERY TIRED of wasting potions and time to run to a boss and it not be there EVER. Like Thunk for instance is there 1% of the time. And Mother and all those never spawn on elite maps and even in reg maps if I do a boss run they wont spawn for like 5min after I get there and I go back and kill all the guys I ran past. CTFO! Fix this! Yes, this is a RAGE post.

Destructible
02-08-2013, 10:59 PM
Thus the term "Elite". Get used to it.

Yes, this is an anti-rage post.

Busterbiebe
02-08-2013, 11:01 PM
Thus the term "Elite". Get used to it.

Yes, this is an anti-rage post.
Exactly.

hippl
02-08-2013, 11:03 PM
It's good as it is, you need to know how many mobs to kill to get boss spawn.
What you suggest is getting chests almost for free.

Raxin
02-08-2013, 11:05 PM
Ok, so I KNOW I'm not the only person with this problem because I've talked to about 20+ people in game with it. WHY ARENT ELITE BOSSES SPAWNING!?!?!?!?! Do you know how many elite areas I've run through time after time to have no boss spawn but Jarl. They need to get rid of this crap about having to kill a "spawn" monster to get these bosses up. If you go in the instance every boss should auto populate, because I'm VERY TIRED of wasting potions and time to run to a boss and it not be there EVER. Like Thunk for instance is there 1% of the time. And Mother and all those never spawn on elite maps and even in reg maps if I do a boss run they wont spawn for like 5min after I get there and I go back and kill all the guys I ran past. CTFO! Fix this! Yes, this is a RAGE post.
Lolz

Hroovitnir
02-08-2013, 11:48 PM
Kids, how is needing to kill a key monster getting things for free ? They stopped making "key monsters" in MMOs in the late 90s early 00s. Go play ANY mainstream MMO, you can do boss rushes all day long by just running straight to boss, everything populates as soon as you enter instance. Also it is not only the Elite maps, it does this in regular maps too, just trying getting Thunk without killing all mobs on bridge.

hippl
02-09-2013, 12:35 AM
Kids, how is needing to kill a key monster getting things for free ? They stopped making "key monsters" in MMOs in the late 90s early 00s. Go play ANY mainstream MMO, you can do boss rushes all day long by just running straight to boss, everything populates as soon as you enter instance. Also it is not only the Elite maps, it does this in regular maps too, just trying getting Thunk without killing all mobs on bridge.

Dude, this game is cooler than those ones you've played, get used to it, mobs in elite dungeons are as dangerous as bosses

xcainnblecterx
02-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Then may i suggest another mmo? This is al, sts makes it, not.the other mmo people

xcainnblecterx
02-09-2013, 12:37 AM
Then may i suggest another mmo? This is al, sts makes it, not.the other mmo people

BodMaster
02-09-2013, 12:53 AM
Not sure what other MMO's take 30s to get to, kill and remake an instance to go again. (Only ever came across this much repetitive/short play in StS games)

If they introduced insta-spawns on bosses, the game would need a whole new make over.

Just take a few practice runs, and work out how many enemies it takes for a boss to spawn. It'll become pretty easy to spawn bosses in either Regular or Elite. (Remember Regular and Elite have different patterns)

Take a look at the LBs for Elite Pure/Enh and you will see the time possibilities if done correctly.

razerfingers
02-09-2013, 12:57 AM
Hm, strange post. Like said previously this is AL STS makes it this isnt all the other MMOs its AL. Just sayin...

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

Bless
02-09-2013, 12:58 AM
Hello,

The game can't run how you want it to run.

Hroovitnir
02-09-2013, 01:42 AM
All I'm saying is why make such an "arcane" thing as key mobs ? Having to kill a certain mob to spawn a boss seems silly. What is wrong with going into an instance and being able to run straight to a boss ? I'm not seeing how that would make anything any easier, the boss is still the boss and you still have to train there. As for the MMOs I'm talking about, how about WoW, Aion, TERA, Lineage I/II, etc.

Bless
02-09-2013, 01:49 AM
Running straight to the boss would make farming easier. See jarl farming? All other maps will be like that.

BodMaster
02-09-2013, 01:55 AM
I guessed they were the type of MMO's you were talking about, but again I ask what MMO PC/Device allows you to recreate and instance and be at the boss and killing it within 30-40s?

I'm with StS on this one, since it's so easy to get to and kill a boss (Not 2-5+ bosses alone) making it so you can kill the boss at insta-spawn rate would be crazy fast/boring.

If anything they need to make sure bosses are further away per Cap and make you work hard for the boss to spawn/kill.

Literally kill em with my eyes closed, why make it any easier than it already is?

All I can say is, lucky you weren't around with Elite Bael/Elite Mother/Elite Ghul in 16 Cap, each took 30-50mins to kill fully geared group.

Solo, Elite Bael took close to 1hr 40+ mins to kill on a Warrior. Mage/Rogue you'd have no chance.

xcainnblecterx
02-09-2013, 02:06 AM
I guessed they were the type of MMO's you were talking about, but again I ask what MMO PC/Device allows you to recreate and instance and be at the boss and killing it within 30-40s?

I'm with StS on this one, since it's so easy to get to and kill a boss (Not 2-5+ bosses alone) making it so you can kill the boss at insta-spawn rate would be crazy fast/boring.

If anything they need to make sure bosses are further away per Cap and make you work hard for the boss to spawn/kill.

Literally kill em with my eyes closed, why make it any easier than it already is?

All I can say is, lucky you weren't around with Elite Bael/Elite Mother/Elite Ghul in 16 Cap, each took 30-50mins to kill fully geared group.

Solo, Elite Bael took close to 1hr 40+ mins to kill on a Warrior. Mage/Rogue you'd have no chance.

Oh how i member.elite.bael then and if.you didnt.have.a.good.tank you where.screwed

Jcyee
02-09-2013, 02:07 AM
Ok, so I KNOW I'm not the only person with this problem

I feel like you are. I've never heard anyone say this before...

BodMaster
02-09-2013, 02:11 AM
Oh how i member.elite.bael then and if.you didnt.have.a.good.tank you where.screwed

For sure! When Tanks actually mattered. (No offence to Warriors :p)

Hroovitnir
02-09-2013, 02:16 AM

I would prefer it to be this way. Right now its more of an inconvenience and as you said its so easy why make any inconveniences at all, haha. I'M ALL FOR HARDER!!! Makes the game more interesting and less boring!

Bless
02-09-2013, 02:24 AM
I'M ALL FOR HARDER!!! Makes the game more interesting and less boring! lol? So running to the boss is interesting? And if u want it more harder actually fight the mobs instead of running to the boss.

BodMaster
02-09-2013, 02:43 AM
I would prefer it to be this way. Right now its more of an inconvenience and as you said its so easy why make any inconveniences at all, haha. I'M ALL FOR HARDER!!! Makes the game more interesting and less boring!

Right, I understand where you're coming from now! Haha

Okay maybe you would have loved 16 Cap, and dispointed when after 21 Cap lol. Unfortunately many people were on the forums wanting it easier and saying bosses that last that long shouldn't exsist so maybe that's the reason StS decided to go this route.

From the MMO's you mentioned, I was sure you'd be up for the challenge.

Hopefully StS will put some more difficulty into it again this coming Cap realising they have gone from bosses that used to take 20/40mins - 3-4mins max. (Nerf'd the bosses way too much)

Rare
02-09-2013, 06:30 AM

It's perfect the way it is. Can't handle the challenge? Find a new game

Rare
02-09-2013, 06:33 AM
All I'm saying is why make such an "arcane" thing as key mobs ? Having to kill a certain mob to spawn a boss seems silly. What is wrong with going into an instance and being able to run straight to a boss ? I'm not seeing how that would make anything any easier, the boss is still the boss and you still have to train there. As for the MMOs I'm talking about, how about WoW, Aion, TERA, Lineage I/II, etc.

Why is it easier? Because a farm run now takes 1 minute instead of 5.

Then the market floods with elite gear and becomes worthless .

No thank you

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Hadec
02-09-2013, 07:02 AM
DUDE grow up.the game is just fine.fail complainments...

Hroovitnir
02-10-2013, 12:36 AM
That is boring. I want bosses to be much more hard. I want boss fights to be epic, not roflstomps. If its going to be roflstomps might as well let us get it over with fast, right ?

abekrivy
02-10-2013, 12:45 AM
There's nothing epic about tapping the screen of my phone for 30 minutes only to get a green drop. If the bosses become harder, then the chances for good loot had better increase dramatically.

Valsacar
02-10-2013, 03:09 PM
What is this key mob I read about? You have to kill X mobs to get the boss to show up (in most maps at least), it's not that hard. Just read the forums, they list what you need to kill to get each boss to show up, even strategies about which ones to kill to make it faster/easier.

Arry Potta
02-10-2013, 08:15 PM
The reason the boss wont pop up is because you have to unequip everything and run circles around where the boss normally spawns.. usually about 4 or 5 works. lol...

Raxin
02-10-2013, 08:31 PM
Forget bosses and mobs just strew about elite golden chests and eggs itll be the funnest lvl ever

Raxin
02-10-2013, 08:35 PM
There's nothing epic about tapping the screen of my phone for 30 minutes only to get a green drop. If the bosses become harder, then the chances for good loot had better increase dramatically.
I seriously lold

Xbuddyjosh
02-10-2013, 08:36 PM
Just an FYI, thunk needs a kill count of approximately 30 before he spawns... Just sayin*

-xbuddy

Arry Potta
02-10-2013, 08:38 PM
lol yah while your waiting for him to "mysteriously" pop up the rest of your group is killing the mobs to make him appear

Lalarie
02-10-2013, 08:53 PM
I'm a bit confused....

You want the game to be harder, but yet you want so we can just run to the boss avoiding what makes it hard also (mobs). Please explain your reasoning and btw l like the current system, tbh imo it makes it more fun.

Vilified
02-11-2013, 06:20 PM

Contradicting yourself...... Admit you were wrong or stick to your beliefs don't sell out just for social advancement