PDA

View Full Version : Name available no longer?

LwMark
02-09-2013, 03:28 AM
So other day i sent a ticket to get a name to see if its been inactive.
Gnosis replied and said that they dont do that.
I said that on forums they said you can do that.
We all know that we could do it before, because many of us did it.
He said forums lied and was not the right info.
So did they stop doing this?
Idk if im aloud to post what was said in ticket, because its a private message through support and idk if we are suppose to make public.
So if I am I will post it.
So did i miss a thread about this?

DocDoBig
02-09-2013, 03:32 AM
Isn't buying names a big hype now ? Sorry idk

LwMark
02-09-2013, 04:26 AM
Probably but im talkin about how devs said if u want a name and its not avialable they will check to see if names been inactive for a certian amount of time then they will rename 1 toon once on a account

DocDoBig
02-09-2013, 04:47 AM
Yeah i remember i was requesting some names aswell they said the same thing ,

Unfortunately none of these names are available for recovery.
Bla Bla
(Btw Gnosis , i'm the one who always chooses "Bad , I'm unsatisfied")

Maybe they want you to buy or have 50 plat to rename it , but that doesnt make sense for new un-named toons

...or they are just too lazy. :P

dudetus
02-09-2013, 05:33 AM
Ofc the re-naming costs 50 plat -.-

Afaik the reason they stopped passing around the OG inactive names was the reason that many abused re-naming service for their own profit (=name selling).

ArtofWar
02-09-2013, 05:35 AM
I don't think they do that anymore cuz once i asked for the name ArtofWar in PL which i have here, SL, AL and DL but they didn't give me the name.

LwMark
02-09-2013, 05:40 AM
Ofc the re-naming costs 50 plat -.-

Afaik the reason they stopped passing around the OG inactive names was the reason that many abused re-naming service for their own profit (=name selling).
Ok thanks makes sense

Cavoc
02-09-2013, 10:16 AM
So other day i sent a ticket to get a name to see if its been inactive.
Gnosis replied and said that they dont do that.
I said that on forums they said you can do that.
We all know that we could do it before, because many of us did it.
He said forums lied and was not the right info.
So did they stop doing this?
Idk if im aloud to post what was said in ticket, because its a private message through support and idk if we are suppose to make public.
So if I am I will post it.
So did i miss a thread about this?

I had the same conflict trying to get troncat without the extra a. They said the same thing to me.

Spyce
02-09-2013, 10:26 AM
You can purchase a name from STS for 30 platinum I believe.

cookiez
02-09-2013, 01:58 PM
Genosis always says no. Draknor the best! He gave me enemy

MightyMicah
02-09-2013, 02:12 PM
I tried to get the name Gnosis but Gnosis wouldn't let me. What a horrible dev. (Note the sarcasm xD)

LwMark
02-09-2013, 03:11 PM
I tried to get the name Gnosis but Gnosis wouldn't let me. What a horrible dev. (Note the sarcasm xD)

Haa

McBain
02-09-2013, 04:00 PM
I had the same thing happen. Asked for a name change, response said they didn't do it. I don't remember exactly who from STS it was that replied.

KingFu
02-09-2013, 04:13 PM
People probably started requesting them too much. They generally stop doing favors when people start abusing them. IE, people buying founders helm when they aren't really founders, asking the devs to recover a discontinued wammo that didn't exist, etc.

Just a few exams I can think of...

lakersrockftw
02-09-2013, 04:18 PM
I tried I got an email back and gnosis said they don't do that anymore. They probably stopped I wanted the name lakers :(

KingFu
02-09-2013, 04:20 PM
I tried I got an email back and gnosis said they don't do that anymore. They probably stopped I wanted the name lakers :(

He did you a favor.

tHelonestud
02-09-2013, 04:32 PM
I think they probably got to many requests about that and it's not really their main job, they stopped doing it.

LwMark
02-09-2013, 05:48 PM
People probably started requesting them too much. They generally stop doing favors when people start abusing them. IE, people buying founders helm when they aren't really founders, asking the devs to recover a discontinued wammo that didn't exist, etc.

Just a few exams I can think of...

Hey Mysticalcream, ur implying that torwards me and well, u obviously dont know what your talkin about BECAUSE Mr. Sir Gnosis recovered my wammo, which was MINE. I got support tickets all day showing it. Idk if u know or not but ALL items have a number code, which they use to track ALL items, an where they go, trades, gifts etc etc, an well Mr. Gnosis did find that i owned my wammo and that it was a trade bug :)
An as for founders, i never merged or bought a founders.
Which is why im still here.
Thx for caring GoA :)

Edit:

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Cascade
02-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Hmm...I never did get the name Cascade in PL...

LwMark
02-09-2013, 06:38 PM

U been here since the beginning to, u should own it, to bad they stopped name thing, u could of probably got it, ive never seen anyome running around with the name Cascade, u should still try

McBain
02-09-2013, 10:22 PM

I think if you have a certain name in all the other games (as well as on the forum), it's a pretty good argument that you should be allowed to change it. :p Assuming it's inactive, but like Mark said I've never seen or heard of a toon named Cascade in PL.

I have the same problem with the name McBain. I have it in SL, DL, and AL, but they won't change it for me in PL. I guess it's possible the person with that name is still active, but idk.

KingFu
02-10-2013, 01:18 AM
Hey Mysticalcream, ur implying that torwards me and well, u obviously dont know what your talkin about BECAUSE Mr. Sir Gnosis recovered my wammo, which was MINE. I got support tickets all day showing it. Idk if u know or not but ALL items have a number code, which they use to track ALL items, an where they go, trades, gifts etc etc, an well Mr. Gnosis did find that i owned my wammo and that it was a trade bug :)

Edit:

Lawl, not even worth the argument.

LwMark
02-10-2013, 01:38 AM

Edit:

Lawl, not even worth the argument.

Exactly, but u chose to bring it up