PDA

View Full Version : DON'T FALL for these kind of TRADE SCAM METHODS

abrai
02-09-2013, 12:02 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/35lgqkk.png
I hope this one is not a scam or I just misunderstood it.

At first this guy pm'ed me and I thought it was really a good deal since he has no idea about how expensive colton's egg is..
But then he said he needed the item for his twink.
As far as I'm concerned, most pros uses the term twink and that's when I realized there's something fishy about his offer.
I tried to buy his colton's egg instead but said he has a lot of gold and he just can't find a level 10 legendary amulet.

This type of scam provokes a player to buy the lowest item asked by the scammer for a good deal, assuming the item was auctioned using his alt account.
Don't fall for this type of scam. Hhe'll just disappear when you bought the item and waste your gold.

This will serve as a warning to those who doesn't know this method.

Lesmiserables
02-09-2013, 12:08 PM
Noted !! lol good try for him !!

marshmallow
02-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Thank you for the warning!

Asahetek
02-10-2013, 01:14 AM
There's always people trying to scam its very annoying another type would be people saying they will sell their guild and recruiting them taking their gold then booting them.

Randomguy
02-10-2013, 01:55 AM
well unless u have it already

Jessicazx
02-10-2013, 02:32 AM
They try so hard these days..

McBain
02-10-2013, 03:04 AM
Scam attempts similar to this are somewhat common, but....

A level 10 amulet can't cost more than....what? 1-2k at most? Seems like a pain in the butt just to try and scam someone out of such a paltry amount. I mean, it is obviously a scam (he knows the term "twink" but can't figure out how to buy an amulet from the auction?....yeah) but it seems like a waste of time on the scammer's part. Whatever.

marshmallow
02-10-2013, 03:42 AM
well unless u have it already
... and the scammer won't respond.

KillaSkillz
02-10-2013, 08:41 AM
That scam is not so much obvious. He's basically trying to get you to buy the item his alt listed quickly. You buy it and he disappears to his alt to collect his gold, never returning to complete the trade. Worst case he says he changed his mind or disconnected, if you ever see him again. I fell for that one once in SL. Luckily it was only a couple thousand and I was just going to give him the item. I bought what he wanted and he disappeared. It took me a week to figure out what was really going on :D

Uicheusa
02-10-2013, 09:37 AM
I dont think anyone will ever fall for this kind...

SuRfY
02-10-2013, 03:40 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/35lgqkk.png
I hope this one is not a scam or I just misunderstood it.

At first this guy pm'ed me and I thought it was really a good deal since he has no idea about how expensive colton's egg is..
But then he said he needed the item for his twink.
As far as I'm concerned, most pros uses the term twink and that's when I realized there's something fishy about his offer.
I tried to buy his colton's egg instead but said he has a lot of gold and he just can't find a level 10 legendary amulet.

This type of scam provokes a player to buy the lowest item asked by the scammer for a good deal, assuming the item was auctioned using his alt account.
Don't fall for this type of scam. Hhe'll just disappear when you bought the item and waste your gold.

This will serve as a warning to those who doesn't know this method.

There is a similar version to this scam. Some player will randomly want to pay ridiculous prices for pets. Example like 500k for a Malison that is priced maybe 80k in the auctions. Those that "think" the buyer is noob will buy 1 off in auctions (which probably belong to the seller's alt), the buyer would either logged out or say he/she wanna check the auctions for price check. (to check if his alt's egg is bought actually). If the person already have 1, the buyer would probably say he wanted to check the auctions to "make sure" he/she is not overpaying and thus rejecting the seller.

Arry Potta
02-10-2013, 08:09 PM
I just had an encounter with the exact same player he claimed he wanted to purchase LV 16 forerunner gear off me for 1.2m (vest and hat) ... Pretty bad at his work though since he was trying to sell the gear in auction with the same account lol.. Regardless this was an attempted scam and I think he should be given the boot!
I also have screenshots if needed!

Bejo
02-10-2013, 09:07 PM
is there any amulet for lvl 10? i think, amulet is for lvl 13 and up.

Jessicazx
02-11-2013, 02:27 AM
I dont think anyone will ever fall for this kind...

Not anymore...

Wowsome
02-12-2013, 03:04 PM
Here's another one I played around with - basically wanted to "sell" their account, lol. I later bugged him with "I have a lvl 16 alt" and he took off in seconds :P.

Valsacar
02-12-2013, 03:11 PM
I saw one today, guy offering to tell people the "promocode" to get small love, for only 10k. I called him out, said how to do it, and that I have big love on atm and come wave at me. Then said ignore the scammer, some other troll popped in saying scams only involve trade... rofl. Myself and another member had fun playing with the troll until I got bored and went back to leveling up Colton.

Wowsome
02-12-2013, 03:29 PM
I saw one today, guy offering to tell people the "promocode" to get small love, for only 10k. I called him out, said how to do it, and that I have big love on atm and come wave at me. Then said ignore the scammer, some other troll popped in saying scams only involve trade... rofl. Myself and another member had fun playing with the troll until I got bored and went back to leveling up Colton.

I do enjoy playing with trolls when I have the time :)

TheStoic
02-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Scammers are getting clever everyday, so are we non-scammers.

abrai
02-16-2013, 01:15 PM
If you happen to fall for these kinds of scam, STS won't bother, will they?

Jessicazx
02-17-2013, 12:34 AM
If you happen to fall for these kinds of scam, STS won't bother, will they?

Well, its your fault if you fell for such a stupid scam. What can they do about it?

Asahetek
02-26-2013, 05:31 PM
There was a warrior telling people that he was selling a code for 20k and that it has 10 pets .

Jessicazx
02-27-2013, 02:43 AM
There was a warrior telling people that he was selling a code for 20k and that it has 10 pets .

I'll buy one. Whats his name?

Energizeric
02-27-2013, 02:48 AM
Tell him "you're in luck, I just happen to have one as I decided to level up my twink to 15 last week". Then open a trade window and ask him to show the colton egg. My guess is he will disappear at that point.

Asahetek
02-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Uh he was trying to scam people and i told him to stop and that there isnt a code and if it continues he'll get banded when more people report him.

Jessicazx
02-28-2013, 04:37 AM
banded

banned* :banana: