PDA

View Full Version : The mages are way overpowered

Vjerevica
02-09-2013, 03:39 PM
I've participated in a game today with 4 mages + 1 rogue. We wiped the floor with the other team. We sticked together all the time and there were no way for the to stop us. The way I see it: 4 mages with clever approach are war machine. Saddly, it is quite rare to see this kind of teamwork.

Any thougts on this?

wolfkult
02-09-2013, 04:00 PM
IMO it's the sticking together that won it. Five players sticking together will dominate CTF but there is little incentive for low dps to participate in that sort of thing. If it is 5v5 (and gear is equal, big if) then things get interesting. I hope they have a 5v5 deathmatch arena in the future. I think in that case 5 mages would be good, a good kiting mage group could get the other team's warriors overextended quickly (and then quickly die) and then pick off the others.

Madstar
02-09-2013, 04:20 PM
That is actually the first time I will ''Lol'' to a thread. LOL.
Mages overpowered? Last thing you can say here. I strongly and totally disagree.

Vjerevica
02-09-2013, 04:34 PM
@ MadStar: Don't take things so literary. The title is like in newspapers. It was made to attract attention. Extend your horizons.

@ wolfkult: No doubt that sticking together was the key. However, I was today in a game with 4 rogues + me as mage and we were not nearly that successful even thou we stick together. I filled them with mana as much as I could but they were not “killing horde” as I would expect. We were not wiped out – far from that; but we lost in the end. I never had a sense of “unstoppable force” like in the mages game.

hippl
02-09-2013, 04:37 PM
Can I be constructive?
LOL!

Genuinous
02-09-2013, 04:38 PM
Run into 4-5 warriors together with all of them using charged heal. You cant even touch them :D

Energizeric
02-09-2013, 06:57 PM
4-5 mages or warriors do indeed do very well together. The mages do well because they can keep you stunned and they can continue to heal and recharge eachothers mana. Warriors do well in a group because they can heal eachother and have so much health you can never kill them.

The only class that doesn't do better in groups is rogues because they do nothing to help eachother. Rogues actually do better 1-on-1, but since most players don't stick together, this is why rogues dominate PvP (just look at the leaderboards for CTF kills, almost all rogues). If more folks concentrated on teamwork and stayed together in groups, rogues would not dominate nearly as much.

Bless
02-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Idk about endgame but a Mage in twinking is definitely overpowered than the rogue and a warrior is more OP than both.

Vjerevica
02-09-2013, 07:34 PM
That is actually the first time I will ''Lol'' to a thread. LOL.
Mages overpowered? Last thing you can say here. I strongly and totally disagree.

Don't take things so literary. The title is like in newspapers. It was made to attract attention. Extend your horizons. Life without humor is sad.

IMO it's the sticking together that won it. Five players sticking together will dominate CTF but there is little incentive for low dps to participate in that sort of thing. If it is 5v5 (and gear is equal, big if) then things get interesting. I hope they have a 5v5 deathmatch arena in the future. I think in that case 5 mages would be good, a good kiting mage group could get the other team's warriors overextended quickly (and then quickly die) and then pick off the others.

No doubt that sticking together was the key. However, I was today in a game with 4 rogues + me as mage and we were not nearly that successful even thou we stick together. I filled them with mana as much as I could but they were not “killing horde” as I would expect. We were not wiped out – far from that; but we lost in the end. I never had a sense of “unstoppable force” like in the mages game.

gundamsone
02-09-2013, 07:38 PM
as of right now personally I beleive 2s invulnerability is a bit long (perhaps toned down by half a second?)

a good mage vs a good rogue --- > the good mage easily wins

hippl
02-09-2013, 08:12 PM
2sec invulnerability in the game where u can kill in 1sec is a must have skill

hotpimp
02-10-2013, 11:09 AM
In level 16 pvp, the mages are extremely over powered against the rogues. BUT, the warriors are extremely OP over sorcs.

birdmasta
02-10-2013, 12:43 PM
u know 16 rogues can actually beat 16 sorc. only ROGUE ik to beat me like 20-1 (i didnt give up xD) was lilapple bcuz of his heal build. ask him how to beat me :D or other sorc such as lordmegid and hecadoth and dustybottoms

as of right now personally I beleive 2s invulnerability is a bit long (perhaps toned down by half a second?)

a good mage vs a good rogue --- > the good mage easily wins

gundamsone
02-10-2013, 08:16 PM
u know 16 rogues can actually beat 16 sorc. only ROGUE ik to beat me like 20-1 (i didnt give up xD) was lilapple bcuz of his heal build. ask him how to beat me :D or other sorc such as lordmegid and hecadoth and dustybottoms

Yea but you know me and others...we don't have defensive builds and we don't have the plat to keep adjusting our builds back & forth.
I thought of swapping out my razor for bandaids but I don't like the idea of running back for healbacks while in a battle.

Makes you look somewhat weak and too dependent you know?:P

O and i've also see Rogues who try to throw the packs at an angle so they land right on you but that would mainly work vs wars and mages like yourself.
I'll probally make a 2nd l16 rogue with a build that's for mages (prob str passives and high bandaids)

Predict
02-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Mages are the ultimate support tbh, between their shield, heals and stuns. 1 vs 1 they're not that good, but pair them up with a competent rogue or warrior and it's the deadliest 2 man combo in the game.

To me, warriors the closest to being 'overpowered' not only can they dominant and engage in a team battle, but they excel in 1vs1 scenarios with their stuns and heals. If a warrior goes on a crit spree it can get quite ridiculous

birdmasta
02-11-2013, 12:22 AM
1v1 not good?? u sure? i destroy rogues in 1v1 -.-

Mages are the ultimate support tbh, between their shield, heals and stuns. 1 vs 1 they're not that good, but pair them up with a competent rogue or warrior and it's the deadliest 2 man combo in the game.

To me, warriors the closest to being 'overpowered' not only can they dominant and engage in a team battle, but they excel in 1vs1 scenarios with their stuns and heals. If a warrior goes on a crit spree it can get quite ridiculous

Predict
02-11-2013, 01:54 AM
1v1 not good?? u sure? i destroy rogues in 1v1 -.-

Come to level 21

Bless
02-11-2013, 02:02 AM
1v1 not good?? u sure? i destroy rogues in 1v1 -.- that's the OPs point, so I take away your 2
Second invulnerability and your nothing :)

I believe it's the invulnerability upgrades which makes the classes op.

gundamsone
02-11-2013, 02:03 AM
that's the OPs point, so I take away your 2
Second invulnerability and your nothing :)

I believe it's the invulnerability upgrades which makes the classes op.

2s is a bit long and don't forget their shield also reduces damage by qutie a significant amount if upgraded

gundamsone
02-11-2013, 02:12 AM
Actually many rogues have razors and medic in the same build. Even if your spec is a high HP rogue medics will still enormously boost your survival chances. IMHO you're not going to look dependent, just being smart about battling. Medics really help in lasting long enough to bring down tankss or enduring a mage's stuns and shield. The dodge in razor just complements this.

This is where our opinions diverge. To me rogues are ninjas.
My strat is to kill the other person before they can react. For now it's working so I do not find the need to grab medpacks.

Most rogues do get razor for the 20% dodge but from my personal experience I think both rogues and mages are well over 100% hit and it seems like over 9/10 aimed shot or fireballs hit you which really makes the razor and the 20% dodge insignificant at our level range.

Because of this reason, some rogue swap out razor for medpacks because it's strategically better in the longrun as you've pointed out.
I think most rogues still value pierce and nox arrows over razor at such a low pvp level because dodge does not play a significant role.

Later on after half a dozen more level expansion, bandaids and highdodge will be a necessity for survivability in endgame.

birdmasta
02-11-2013, 02:44 AM
completely true but right now since i can still hit rogues in razor with the 20% dodge thing...med packs are the way to go. better survivability against all classes than razor

This is where our opinions diverge. To me rogues are ninjas.
My strat is to kill the other person before they can react. For now it's working so I do not find the need to grab medpacks.

Most rogues do get razor for the 20% dodge but from my personal experience I think both rogues and mages are well over 100% hit and it seems like over 9/10 aimed shot or fireballs hit you which really makes the razor and the 20% dodge insignificant at our level range.

Because of this reason, some rogue swap out razor for medpacks because it's strategically better in the longrun as you've pointed out.
I think most rogues still value pierce and nox arrows over razor at such a low pvp level because dodge does not play a significant role.

Later on after half a dozen more level expansion, bandaids and highdodge will be a necessity for survivability in endgame.

Cero
02-11-2013, 03:31 AM
the 2secs invulne are meges ways of survival. the only OP i find about it is that it doesnt follow the skill info. You can get 2sec invule without charging which is supposed to be charged. If devs fix it then it will might have a different outcome.

but ofc i love how the way it is now coz i play mage:P

birdmasta
02-11-2013, 05:16 AM
Devs dont fix lol

the 2secs invulne are meges ways of survival. The only op i find about it is that it doesnt follow the skill info. You can get 2sec invule without charging which is supposed to be charged. If devs fix it then it will might have a different outcome.

But ofc i love how the way it is now coz i play mage:p

Cero
02-11-2013, 06:46 AM
Devs dont fix lol

the 2secs invulne are meges ways of survival. The only op i find about it is that it doesnt follow the skill info. You can get 2sec invule without charging which is supposed to be charged. If devs fix it then it will might have a different outcome.

But ofc i love how the way it is now coz i play mage:p

Mwahahahaha

Avshow
02-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Use rogue ,I can beat all sors and wars in lv 16 1-1

mafiainc42
02-11-2013, 10:15 AM

U at it again :-).. dont let those heal packs get nerfed now. add my 16 mage uberstun. Ill gladly waste 2400 mp on ya before u hit me once and still get waxed.. sorry mages are not op in anway we still get stunned with 2s on if we did not yall would be toast well xcept maxed heal pack rogues..

Cero
02-11-2013, 10:17 AM

GJ, must be proud eh? lol

Smart
02-11-2013, 10:28 AM
No we are not over powered even with 282.1 dps i still die alot in pvp

Jessicazx
02-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Run into 4-5 warriors together with all of them using charged heal. You cant even touch them :D

This