PDA

View Full Version : Invulnerability in Pvp.

Bless
02-09-2013, 07:14 PM
A Mage and warrior has the invincibility upgrade, I would like to suggest one for rogue otherwise remove the invincibility thing from all classes. Heals are fine but not being to deal any damage is totally different, why should you waste your skills and mana on someone that's not being able to take damage...

Anegriv
02-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Isn't the warrior shield bugged anyways?

Matutd
02-09-2013, 07:16 PM
Or at least make it a mana shield like in PL

Genuinous
02-09-2013, 07:22 PM
Stun them, wait till it's over than spam attacks :)

spiderpig
02-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Stun them, wait till it's over than spam attacks :)

exactly.

Heiki
02-11-2013, 04:25 AM
But that's requires too much thinking ! I'm a rogue, I'm used to facerolling my device, Aim shot is on all my skillslots...

Sorry, I had to.

Bless
02-11-2013, 11:56 AM
Stun them, wait till it's over than spam attacks :) ORRRRRRR

Give rogues one. It's not fair other classes get it

Haowesie
02-11-2013, 05:51 PM
ORRRRRRR

Not to highjack your thread but warrior and rogues have a jump skill (skyward and pierce), sorcerers should get one too, it's not fair that other classes get it... :P

Vilified
02-12-2013, 03:24 AM
Rogues have extreme damage output instead of the invulnerability. as a Mage I've come across many rogues smart enough to save their skills until I'm no longer invulnerable, and when they do it's anyone's game......

But god forbid rogues use some skill instead of charging and spamming skills kamikaze style right?

Bless
02-12-2013, 11:27 AM
Rogues have extreme damage output instead of the invulnerability. as a Mage I've come across many rogues smart enough to save their skills until I'm no longer invulnerable, and when they do it's anyone's game...... we get stunned every two seconds so..

Bless
02-12-2013, 11:28 AM
ORRRRRRR

Not to highjack your thread but warrior and rogues have a jump skill (skyward and pierce), sorcerers should get one too, it's not fair that other classes get it... :P they have one. The 25% speed on gale so idk what ur talkin bout

Haowesie
02-12-2013, 08:44 PM
they have one. The 25% speed on gale so idk what ur talkin bout

- I have not seen a warrior or rogue to be stopped mid way of executing a skyward or a pierce, whereas a sorcerer can be stunned while the speed of gale force is in effect.
- the distance, as well as the time to cover the distance by skyward or pierce is definitely not equal to speed addition to gale force.
- Speed is an upgrade to Gale Force, it is not a skill in itself. Both skyward and pierce by its own nature has this ability on top of the damage it gives, without using a skill point for an upgrade (I.e. you only need one skill point for warriors and rouges, but need two skill points for sorcerers).

They are essentially not the same. I guess I'm really just interested as to why rogues don't have invulnerability, just as sorcerers don't have leap... There must be a reason from dev perspective?

Valsacar
02-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Let's just make all the class the same, that will be fair.

Heiki
02-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Invul from war DOES NOT WORK otherwise you wouldn't be able to stun them while it's on...

Bless
02-13-2013, 02:37 AM
they have one. The 25% speed on gale so idk what ur talkin bout

- I have not seen a warrior or rogue to be stopped mid way of executing a skyward or a pierce, whereas a sorcerer can be stunned while the speed of gale force is in effect.
- the distance, as well as the time to cover the distance by skyward or pierce is definitely not equal to speed addition to gale force.
- Speed is an upgrade to Gale Force, it is not a skill in itself. Both skyward and pierce by its own nature has this ability on top of the damage it gives, without using a skill point for an upgrade (I.e. you only need one skill point for warriors and rouges, but need two skill points for sorcerers).

They are essentially not the same. I guess I'm really just interested as to why rogues don't have invulnerability, just as sorcerers don't have leap... There must be a reason from dev perspective? This is a widely debatable topic, eg. Why do mages have a bajillion stuns and the rogue has none? That's because ALL CLASSES ARE DIFFERENT.

Strategy is different and not being able to take damage is another.

Mages got stuns, invulnerability, damage and tons of mana.

Rogues have Crits, dodges (since I'm talking about twinking these two are barely important) and damage.

Invul from war DOES NOT WORK otherwise you wouldn't be able to stun them while it's on... it does work.

Madstar
02-13-2013, 04:23 AM
So Rogue would then be able to 100% Stun, 2k Crit 50% of the time, 1 shot skill, heal and now shield? LOL. Sorry, but not happening. Nuh-Uh. They should just take off the warriors heal or all that HP. BTW, how can you say that about Sorcerers? We're the rat class. Get beaten' up all the time. The shield is ALL we have. Take that away from us and no sorcerer will PvP anymore.

ishyrionek
02-13-2013, 05:47 AM
This is a widely debatable topic, eg. Why do mages have a bajillion stuns and the rogue has none? That's because ALL CLASSES ARE DIFFERENT.

Rogues have Crits, dodges (since I'm talking about twinking these two are barely important) and damage.

it does work.

This + 1. I like!

Haowesie
02-13-2013, 11:40 PM
This is a widely debatable topic, eg. Why do mages have a bajillion stuns and the rogue has none? That's because ALL CLASSES ARE DIFFERENT.

That's right, all classes are different, and yes they have different strategies. I don't think you have thought it through what advantage or disadvantage it means for the other classes. And yes, a lot of these are debatable, but *ahem* rogues do have stuns. And stuns alone cannot be the only way for a sorcerer to defend itself, because not being able to defend is the flipside to your "not being able to take damage" statement.

Bless
02-14-2013, 11:49 AM

That's right, all classes are different, and yes they have different strategies. I don't think you have thought it through what advantage or disadvantage it means for the other classes. And yes, a lot of these are debatable, but *ahem* rogues do have stuns. And stuns alone cannot be the only way for a sorcerer to defend itself, because not being able to defend is the flipside to your "not being able to take damage" statement. rogues don't have stuns.

Every class has normal attacks...